8 Ways to Host a Successful Business Mixer
Business mixers can be a great way of forging new connections and growing your network. They can also help your strengthen your links with people you already know. If you are thinking of planning one, go ahead, and do so. Just remember that you want your guests to leave the mixer remembering in you a positive light. So, what can you do to make your next successful business mixer a total success? Here are more than 8 ways to host a successful business mixer:
A great way to build business exposure is by hosting the mixture in your office. If nothing else, your guests will leave with the name of your business in their memories! Networking has been done on less than that. Of course, the other advantage of doing this is the money you will save by not renting a place.
Facilitate networking with the right format
Decide how casual or structured you want the networking at your mixer to be. Most of the time, it depends on your audience. For instance, if the attendees mostly know each other, then a night at the pub would be as effective as a formal dinner. Small groups can have intimate dinners. Larger groups will be seated at different tables, so have them swap their seat after some time.
Choose the right assistants
You don’t want the chairs missing from your conference-like mixer. Neither will you be happy if the glasses at your wine-tasting-based mixer didn’t show up. You need to decide who will be in charge of the different jobs and the person overseeing them all.
Make a budget and stick to it
The event you envision may be costlier and thus, beyond your means. A budget can help you scale back your plan. An alternative is to seek sponsors for your mixer. Discuss it with your vendors and suppliers for the event. You can also partner with a complementary business and split the expenses between the two of you.
Promoting the event can will help your business mixer be a success for both you and your sponsor/partner. If your company has a newsletter, then try to get the message in it on time. You could also send an email blast to the staff members you want to invite to the upcoming event. Ads on the social and print media are two effective alternatives.
Be crafty when crafting the guest list
For each mixer, there are certain objectives that must be met. One group of people that you should invite should include people who share your business philosophy, interests, ethos, and follow similar business models. The other group should include people who can help your business grow.
Refreshments are necessary too
Contract with a catering company for the refreshments. Keep the food easy to handle, manage, and eat. Finger foods and appetizers are good candidates you should consider. Choose between alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages – or serve both. Talk to the caterer about the quantity with respect to the number of guests on your list.
Don’t over-entertain your guests
Don’t go for an evening of non-stop activities, including speeches, presentations, and games. Instead, schedule 2-3 short but effective presentations. Let your guests indulge in the activity that is the primary reason for the mixer, i.e. networking.
Focus on the objective: Networking
Design short exercises that will help your guests do some networking. For instance, even if each guest meets just three people whom they don’t know can be an effective network trick. You can also pair people who work in a similar industry or businesses together.
Hosting business mixers is just another way of promoting your products and services. We hope that providing you these ways to host a successful business mixer will help. As long as you keep that in mind and follow the steps mentioned above, every mixer you host should be successful!
- Atlanta, GA
- Beverly Hills, CA
- London, England
- Los Angeles, CA
- Miami, FL
- New York, NY
- Rochester, NY
- San Francisco, CA
- Online Shopping Cart Alternatives For Web Based Businesses
- Little Things You Can Do to Grow Your Business
- Open More Doors with a Great Elevator Speech
- What is Reputation Marketing
- Breaking the Backbone of Limiting Beliefs
- 7 Ways to Conquer Your Fears of Public Speaking
- Turning Hits into Leads
- Business Development - How to Start Your Small Business
- Time is not the enemy get the most out of your day
- SmartGuy Local Networking Groups and Your Chamber of Commerce a Perfect Fit
- Ten Social Media Tools You Better Be Using Now
- Market to Generation X
- 7 Ideas on how to Get the Perfect Business Cards
- How to Leverage your Small Business
- Why Name Badges are Vital in Networking
- What Makes a Good Testimonial
- 6 Tips for Success at a Speed Networking Events
- 10 Ways to Get Referrals Fast
- Social Marketing How they increase your bottom line
- Cooler Cups The Promotional Friend For The Small Business
- How Businesses Rank High on Google INSTANTLY
- SmartGuy® Completes New Platform
- SmartGuy Tops 50,000 in Global Internet Engagement
- SmartGuy Now Manages 20,000 City Business Networks
- SmartGuy®️ introduces Free Phone App
- SmartGuy Now Surpasses 145,000 Businesses
- Laminate Flooring Installation Techniques
- What is a Replacement Window
- The Low Down on Omnilife Products and Becoming an Omnilife Distributor
- How to Buy Motorcycle Insurance
- How to Buy Auto Insurance Find Best Companies
- Mobile Text Marketing Campaigns and Companies
- How You Can Find Out About Available Pharmacist Jobs
- Compare Best Type Massage - Shiatsu Thai and Swedish
- Property Management Residential and Commercial
- Sewer Cleaning Everything You Need To Know About It
- How can I Improve My Golf Swing
- Aquarium Tank Sizes and What You Need to Know
- What Do House Painters Do How to Find the Cheapest Painter
- Should You Get a Professional Deck Design Before Building a Deck
- Find the Best Auto Dealer near Me How to Choose
- Find the Best BBQ Restaurant Near Me How to Pick
- How to Keep Your Small Business Growing During the Coronavirus Slowdown
- Best Small Business Bloggers and Influencers
- Top Small Business Bloggers Top 40
- How does one acquire bitcoins