Social Marketing How they increase your bottom line
The average business owner is very confused when it comes to Online marketing. Many see no purpose for Social Sites as they relate to business. I am here to dispel several myths about Social Networking. Here is a list of what people have told me, What is the purpose? They are too hard to set up. They are overwhelming. Social Sites waste my time and fill up my email. I am an avid believer in Networking - both in person and Online. Networking (and sales) is all about building a relationship with your potential clients or power partners.
The purpose of Online networking is to build trust and to become the authority in your area of expertise. It also builds links pointing back to your website (if you don't have a website then you need to get one). People buy for people they know and trust. How would anybody that finds your website on the Internet ever know and trust you? By participating in Social Sites people do get to know you and understand your business philosophy.
Social Sites are not hard to set up or maintain. Here is how I do it. I created a new email address - you could use hotmail, Gmail, yahoo, or a different business email. Create a Word document that has your biographical information everything from your name to a bio on yourself and a paragraph or two about your business. Have a current photo of yourself (or your logo) stored in an easily accessible file on your computer. When you set up a new profile just copy and paste from the Word document and upload your photo. It is that easy!
All correspondence will go to your Social Networking email address that you can check on YOUR schedule once a day or once a week or once a month it is up to you. By managing your activity through a different email there is no wasting of time or weeding through emails to get to your business email. These steps will take away the feeling of being overwhelmed.
There are a few Social Sites that I recommend every business owner uses (in addition to SmartGuy.com). They are:
Every industry will have a Social Site that is unique to them. These sites are important to use to keep up to date on all the changes in your industry. The ones listed above are important for every industry. I will give a brief overview of each of these sites.
1. LinkedIn This is a Networking site of Professionals. It is like an online resume (if you fill out the entire profile). They also have applications you can add to your profile that will turn LinkedIn into an interactive site. You can post PowerPoint presentations, share files with your network or training group. By activating the different applications you can turn your profile into a training area, an online portfolio, or an up-to-date place to find stocks, current news, etc.
2. FaceBook is a great place to start special interest groups in your niche market. FaceBook also allows you to pull other content you might have on the Internet into one place. For example if you have videos posted on YouTube you can embed them into your FaceBook account. PowerPoint presentations, HubPages, Squidoo Lens, and just about any other content that is in your business market can be added to your FaceBook account. This truly can be a one-stop shop for your business if you set it up correctly.
3. Twitter can be used to draw people to your website. It can also be interactive with your Blog and FaceBook account. By updating your Twitter status you can update your Blog and FaceBook status at the same time a great time saver. I use Twitter to post links to new Blog posts or new content I have put up on the Internet. I also use it to pass along positive messages or business related messages to anyone following me or in my other Social Networks.
4. BetterNetworker is a relatively new Social Networking site. Its main focus is the Network Marketing Industry. It is a business training site for Network Marketers. One might ask why I joined since I am not in Network Marketing and I do not have an MLM business. The skill set needed to be successful in business is the same for a brick and mortar type business or an MLM type business. BetterNetworker.com has many awesome training articles and some very thought provoking ideas for your business. If you are one that likes to give back to the business community this is a great place to post training articles, videos, and participate in the community.
What Good things have come from my Social Networking efforts?
I have gained new clients, gained Power Partners, and I know people that have landed a dream job from participating in Social Sites. I get traffic to my main website from all my Social Marketing efforts. Just this week I received a phone call from someone in California that wanted to talk with me about my business after reading a response I posted to a forum topic he was interested in. This person gave me the opportunity to help him with a problem he had with his business and I gained a new client. It took me 3 min to post the comment and I gained $500.00 profit. This is a client that I would have never met if I did not participate in BetterNetworker.com.
If you are already participating in an Online community then congratulations and keep up the good work. If you are not then you need to start. More and more of my business is coming to me from Internet Marketing every business owner needs to move into the 21st century and get Online it is the future of marketing.
- Atlanta, GA
- Beverly Hills, CA
- London, England
- Los Angeles, CA
- Miami, FL
- New York, NY
- San Francisco, CA
- 8 Ways to Host a Successful Business Mixer
- SmartGuy Local Networking Groups and Your Chamber of Commerce a Perfect Fit
- 6 Tips for Success at a Speed Networking Events
- Little Things You Can Do to Grow Your Business
- Market to Generation X
- Cooler Cups The Promotional Friend For The Small Business
- Ideas for Starting an Online Business
- What is Reputation Marketing
- Business Development - How to Start Your Small Business
- What Makes a Good Testimonial
- 5 Steps to Effectively Build Your Business thru Referrals
- 10 Ways to Get Referrals Fast
- Open More Doors with a Great Elevator Speech
- Online Shopping Cart Alternatives For Web Based Businesses
- Time is not the enemy get the most out of your day
- Turning Hits into Leads
- Take Action Now and Achieve Your Goals Sooner
- Why Name Badges are Vital in Networking
- How to Leverage your Small Business
- Breaking the Backbone of Limiting Beliefs
- SmartGuy Now Surpasses 145,000 Businesses
- How Businesses Rank High on Google INSTANTLY
- SmartGuy® Completes New Platform
- SmartGuy Tops 50,000 in Global Internet Engagement
- SmartGuy Now Manages 20,000 City Business Networks
- SmartGuy Gives Away Money LIVE Online Weekly
- Using Pinterest As One of Your Marketing Strategies
- Chain Link Vs Wood- Which Is the Better Fence
- How to Design Your Own Closet What is Best
- Tips for Building the Dream Kitchen
- Harry Winston Watches Prices - Deals for Sale Mens and Womens
- Best Local Tax Preparation
- High Risk Driver Auto Insurance and Classes
- How to Decide on a Foundation Repair Company
- Egress Windows Size And Safety Requirements
- Use Wall Murals To Decorate Your Childs Room
- Orthopedics Mobility Restored for Movement Challenges
- Press Releases to Improve Website Traffic
- Mobile Application Development The Driving Force Behind Mobile Devices
- Moving How to Pack Efficiently
- Pet Waste Removal Services Just Doo It
- Foreign Real Estate Be Careful when you Buy or Sell
- Find the Best Thai Restaurant near Me How to Select
- Stephen Anthony Leprohon Havasu City Motorsports owner faces 3 felony counts
- Find High Quality Sunglasses
- How to Choose the Best Jewelry Designer