Useful Tips for International Travel with Your Pets
Getting an airline ticket for yourself is quite an easy job, but if you plan to take your pet along, then be ready to face some complicated situations. Each country has its own set of rules and regulations meant for international pet travel.
While most of the guidelines would be regarding the health of the pet, there are other considerations too that have to be kept in mind. Rabies-free countries are the strictest when it comes to allowing a pet into their domain.
So it would be better to contact the US Department of Agriculture and Animal Plant and Health Inspection Service for the current set of rules regarding the country that you intend to travel to. Do the paper work in advance, as arriving without meeting the necessary guidelines would pose many problems.
Here are some rules that the mentioned vacation destinations follow. Remember to contact the USDA and the Ministry of Agriculture of the country that you are visiting.
- Australia is the strictest when it comes to international pet travel. This country even prohibits some specific breeds from entering into the country. You would require an import permit for your pet and get a microchip implanted at the time of the rabies vaccination.
- United Kingdom allows only those cats and dogs into their domain who meet all the requirements of the UK Pet Travel Scheme. A health certificate and several blood tests are also a requisite.
- Japan allows those pets that have been residing in the same country for the past 6 months or more. A proof of rabies vaccination and a health certificate are the other requisites.
- Mexico requires a health certificate and several other vaccination proofs.
- Brazil requires a health certificate that is legalized by the Brazilian consulate. A rabies vaccination proof is another demand.
- China requires a valid health certificate and proof of rabies and distemper vaccination. Also for the past three years, the dog must have been free of parvovirus, hepatitis and corona.
- France requires international pets to be identifiable through a microchip or a tattoo. Maximum five animals are allowed at a time and they should be at least 3 months old.
- Germany does not allow certain breeds from entering its domain. So make sure that the pet you intend to take is not one of those breeds.
- Hawaii, though not a foreign country, also has certain restrictions that must be met regarding pets.
Besides the above, many countries also require the pets to undergo quarantine for a certain amount of time. Be very sure to ask for all the details from the Ministry of Agriculture of the state that you are visiting, or you just might get stuck with your pet at the airport and wouldn’t know what to do next.
Category: Travel Agencies & Bureaus
- Best Cities to Find a Job
- 2 For 1 Luxury Cruise Deals
- All Inclusive Cruises How To Find The Best One
- Caribbean Vacation Deals and How An Unreachable Dream Gets Reached
- Travel Fitness Tips
- What is the Cost of Living Abroad
- Grand Canyon Helicopter Tours Of The South Rim
- Work in Fiji What to Know
- Americans in South America A Growing Trend
- Best Places to Live in the World
- American Expatriates What are they
- Packing For Vacations Things That You Must Know
- Nothing Is More Relaxing Than A Cruise Vacation
- Foreign Real Estate Be Careful when you Buy or Sell
- Where to Live in Brazil Best Places
- What A Charter Airline Service Offers
- Working Overseas What you Need to Know
- What to Consider when Moving Abroad
- How Working Overseas Benefits your Career
- Travel Insurance - A Necessary or a Luxury
- What should I eat today
- How to get rid of acne
- What is love
- How to make pizza
- How to make friends
- How to bake a cake
- How to create an app
- What is the meaning of life
- How to get a passport
- How to get more followers on Instagram
- How to become more communicative
- How to become a strategic thinker
- how to balance your mind and achieve greater happiness
- Mastering Your Mindset - A Comprehensive Guide to Improving Your Mental Well-being
- Building a Positive Attitude - Strategies for a Happier and More Fulfilling Life
- Why is Mind Balance so important
- Why Mind Balance is so important for everyone
- Mind Balance - for those who dare to redefine their limits
- Mind Matters- The Chiropractic Approach to Personal Growth
- Take the Wheel-Navigating Life Beyond the Screen