Useful Tips for International Travel with Your Pets
Getting an airline ticket for yourself is quite an easy job, but if you plan to take your pet along, then be ready to face some complicated situations. Each country has its own set of rules and regulations meant for international pet travel.
While most of the guidelines would be regarding the health of the pet, there are other considerations too that have to be kept in mind. Rabies-free countries are the strictest when it comes to allowing a pet into their domain.
So it would be better to contact the US Department of Agriculture and Animal Plant and Health Inspection Service for the current set of rules regarding the country that you intend to travel to. Do the paper work in advance, as arriving without meeting the necessary guidelines would pose many problems.
Here are some rules that the mentioned vacation destinations follow. Remember to contact the USDA and the Ministry of Agriculture of the country that you are visiting.
- Australia is the strictest when it comes to international pet travel. This country even prohibits some specific breeds from entering into the country. You would require an import permit for your pet and get a microchip implanted at the time of the rabies vaccination.
- United Kingdom allows only those cats and dogs into their domain who meet all the requirements of the UK Pet Travel Scheme. A health certificate and several blood tests are also a requisite.
- Japan allows those pets that have been residing in the same country for the past 6 months or more. A proof of rabies vaccination and a health certificate are the other requisites.
- Mexico requires a health certificate and several other vaccination proofs.
- Brazil requires a health certificate that is legalized by the Brazilian consulate. A rabies vaccination proof is another demand.
- China requires a valid health certificate and proof of rabies and distemper vaccination. Also for the past three years, the dog must have been free of parvovirus, hepatitis and corona.
- France requires international pets to be identifiable through a microchip or a tattoo. Maximum five animals are allowed at a time and they should be at least 3 months old.
- Germany does not allow certain breeds from entering its domain. So make sure that the pet you intend to take is not one of those breeds.
- Hawaii, though not a foreign country, also has certain restrictions that must be met regarding pets.
Besides the above, many countries also require the pets to undergo quarantine for a certain amount of time. Be very sure to ask for all the details from the Ministry of Agriculture of the state that you are visiting, or you just might get stuck with your pet at the airport and wouldn’t know what to do next.
Category: Travel Agencies & Bureaus
- Where to Live in Brazil Best Places
- Travel Fitness Tips
- What to Consider when Moving Abroad
- Cheapest Place in the World to Live
- Best Cities to Find a Job
- Things You Should Know About Travel Insurance
- Data Protection While Traveling 3 Economical Tips
- Job Opportunities Overseas
- Best Places to Live in the World
- Packing For Vacations Things That You Must Know
- How To Find The Best Luxury Cruise
- Foreign Real Estate Be Careful when you Buy or Sell
- Nothing Is More Relaxing Than A Cruise Vacation
- Travel Insurance - A Necessary or a Luxury
- Work in Fiji What to Know
- How Working Overseas Benefits your Career
- What A Charter Airline Service Offers
- 2 For 1 Luxury Cruise Deals
- Employment Abroad How to find a Job Overseas
- American Expatriates What are they
- SmartGuy Tops 50,000 in Global Internet Engagement
- SmartGuy Now Surpasses 145,000 Businesses
- How Businesses Rank High on Google INSTANTLY
- SmartGuy® Completes New Platform
- SmartGuy Now Manages 20,000 City Business Networks
- SmartGuy®️ introduces Free Phone App
- What is a Youth Development Program
- Best Business Networks Near Me
- Who Is Ron DeSantis and his Political Positions
- How Businesses Rank High on Google INSTANTLY
- Risks of Artificial Intelligence
- What Are The Four Types of AI
- What are the Common Uses and Applications of AI
- What are Neural Networks and How Do They Relate to AI
- What is Deep Learning and How Does It Relate to AI
- What are Constraint Satisfaction Problems
- What are some common misunderstandings about AI
- How Does the Strong AI Differ From the Weak AI
- Where Does Artificial Intelligence Go From Here
- How Many Different Kinds of Agents Exist in Artificial Intelligence
- What is a Chatbot
- How Can Artificial Intelligence Be Used to Identify Fraud
- What are Different Platforms for Artificial Intelligence Development
- What is the Future of Artificial Intelligence
- Which Assessment is Used to Test the Intelligence of a Machine
- If you are starting a new business how Will you use AI to promote your business