Best Places to Live in the World
We might not all agree when discussing the best places to live in the world, but some places really stand out when such criteria as cost of living and quality of life are considered. There are several magazines, websites, and bodies that rank the best places to live. According to The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) Global Livability Report, the most livable cities in 2011 were Melbourne, Australia, Vienna, Austria, Vancouver, Canada, Toronto, Canada, Calgary, Canada, Adelaide, Australia, Sydney, Australia, Helsinki, Finland, Perth, Australia, and Auckland, New Zealand, in that particular order.
Another reputable survey is Mercers Quality of Living Survey. In 2011, the annual survey, that compared 221 cities and that used 39 criteria, gave New York a baseline score of 100 (for comparison purposes). Once such criteria as public transport, environment, recreation, culture, political-economic stability, and education were used, the results were Vienna, Austria, Zurich, Switzerland, Auckland, New Zealand, Munich, Germany, Dsseldorf, Germany, Vancouver, Canada, Frankfurt, Germany, Geneva, Switzerland, Bern, Switzerland, and Copenhagen, Denmark, in that particular order. Mercer has a Personal Safety list. The list is dominated by Swiss and EU cities. The top cities are Bern, Helsinki, Zurich, Luxembourg, and Vienna.
International Living, a monthly magazine, also does annual rankings of the best places to live in the world. One such ranking is The Best Climates in the World. When it comes to The Best Climates in the World ranking, some of the best places to live are Spain, Belize, Mexico, Ecuador, Argentina, most countries in Africa, and Italy. Other rankings are The Worlds Best Quality of Life, Annual Quality of Life Index, The Worlds Best Real Estate Markets, Annual Retirement Index, and The Cheapest Countries in the World.
In the U.S., many rankings have put Portland, Oregon, as one of the best places to live in the country. One reason for this is the general atmosphere. The property in the area consists of bungalows built in the 1910s and 20s. These and the 1960s and 70s infill apartment blocks make for a really spectacular city. There are many places to hang out, walk, and cycle in the city. You find more open spaces here than in most other cities in the U.S.
If you want to call Germany home, most rankings put St Pauli, Hamburg as one of the best places to live in Germany. There are many reasons for this, one being the fact that it is near the Baltic. St Pauli is home to Hafen City. This is the biggest urban regeneration spot in Europe. St Pauli features stellar architecture and community-minded planning. You will really feel like you are in another world in St Pauli.
Another of the best places to live in the world is Northern coast, Maui, Hawaii. Maui is a laid-back place, with 15MPH as the speed limit in most of the island. This is the best place to live in if you love sun and sand and you do not want to leave the U.S. to enjoy good weather.
If you want something more different, consider Cihangir, Istanbul. This is where east meets the west. You will have a truly different experience here when it comes to culture, climate, language, and food.
Another amazing place to live is Santa Cruz, Tenerife. The neighborhood dates back to the 1890s and 1930s. This is a sexily exotic and magnificent city. The Spaniard has amazing architecture. Santa Cruz has great hang out spots.
Yet another option is Glasthule in Ireland. The Irish are known for their friendly manner. Here, you get lovely old fashioned main streets, many festivals, a good transport network, and good climate. The city won a competition for the best place to live in Island by The Irish Times
Category: Travel Agencies & Bureaus
- Nothing Is More Relaxing Than A Cruise Vacation
- All Inclusive Cruises How To Find The Best One
- Living and Working in Saudi Arabia
- How to Find a Job Abroad
- Telescoping Handle Luggage The Best And Worst Travel Aid
- Travel Insurance - A Necessary or a Luxury
- Job Opportunities Overseas
- 2 For 1 Luxury Cruise Deals
- Wineries Of British Columbias Okanagan Valley
- Working Overseas What you Need to Know
- Best Cities to Find a Job
- Employment Abroad How to find a Job Overseas
- Americans in South America A Growing Trend
- Useful Tips for International Travel with Your Pets
- All about Traveling
- What is the Cost of Living Abroad
- Data Protection While Traveling 3 Economical Tips
- Advantages to Living Over Seas
- American Expatriates What are they
- Where to Live in Brazil Best Places
- SmartGuy® Completes New Platform
- SmartGuy Tops 50,000 in Global Internet Engagement
- How Businesses Rank High on Google INSTANTLY
- SmartGuy Now Manages 20,000 City Business Networks
- SmartGuy Now Surpasses 145,000 Businesses
- SmartGuy Gives Away Money LIVE Online Weekly
- Traffic School Lawyers Why Important
- Cheap Car Insurance for Modified Cars
- Qualifications Needed to Become an Electrician
- Kitchen Pantry Designs For Storage or Display
- The Best Liquor Stores Near Me - Which Delivers
- Finding the Best Computer Repair
- Forever Living Brings You Natural Health and Beauty Products
- Finding Best Offshore Discount Broker
- Flood Clean Up - Who to Call
- Party Rentals Can Make a Party Fun For All
- Finding the Best Mortgage Companies Do Reviews Matter
- Which Pizza is Best Dominos Papa Johns or Little Caesars
- Live in Malta- What You Must Know
- Common Supplies for Dogs and Cats How Many Does Your Pet Have
- The 10 Greatest Mercedes-Benz Cars of All Time
- Are Electricians Expensive What do They Charge Per Hour
- How to get rid of crabgrass from your lawn
- Find the Best Vegan Restaurant near Me How to Choose
- What are the Advantages of Bitcoin
- Benefits Of The Quick Delivery Service