Best Places to Live in the World
We might not all agree when discussing the best places to live in the world, but some places really stand out when such criteria as cost of living and quality of life are considered. There are several magazines, websites, and bodies that rank the best places to live. According to The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) Global Livability Report, the most livable cities in 2011 were Melbourne, Australia, Vienna, Austria, Vancouver, Canada, Toronto, Canada, Calgary, Canada, Adelaide, Australia, Sydney, Australia, Helsinki, Finland, Perth, Australia, and Auckland, New Zealand, in that particular order.
Another reputable survey is Mercers Quality of Living Survey. In 2011, the annual survey, that compared 221 cities and that used 39 criteria, gave New York a baseline score of 100 (for comparison purposes). Once such criteria as public transport, environment, recreation, culture, political-economic stability, and education were used, the results were Vienna, Austria, Zurich, Switzerland, Auckland, New Zealand, Munich, Germany, Dsseldorf, Germany, Vancouver, Canada, Frankfurt, Germany, Geneva, Switzerland, Bern, Switzerland, and Copenhagen, Denmark, in that particular order. Mercer has a Personal Safety list. The list is dominated by Swiss and EU cities. The top cities are Bern, Helsinki, Zurich, Luxembourg, and Vienna.
International Living, a monthly magazine, also does annual rankings of the best places to live in the world. One such ranking is The Best Climates in the World. When it comes to The Best Climates in the World ranking, some of the best places to live are Spain, Belize, Mexico, Ecuador, Argentina, most countries in Africa, and Italy. Other rankings are The Worlds Best Quality of Life, Annual Quality of Life Index, The Worlds Best Real Estate Markets, Annual Retirement Index, and The Cheapest Countries in the World.
In the U.S., many rankings have put Portland, Oregon, as one of the best places to live in the country. One reason for this is the general atmosphere. The property in the area consists of bungalows built in the 1910s and 20s. These and the 1960s and 70s infill apartment blocks make for a really spectacular city. There are many places to hang out, walk, and cycle in the city. You find more open spaces here than in most other cities in the U.S.
If you want to call Germany home, most rankings put St Pauli, Hamburg as one of the best places to live in Germany. There are many reasons for this, one being the fact that it is near the Baltic. St Pauli is home to Hafen City. This is the biggest urban regeneration spot in Europe. St Pauli features stellar architecture and community-minded planning. You will really feel like you are in another world in St Pauli.
Another of the best places to live in the world is Northern coast, Maui, Hawaii. Maui is a laid-back place, with 15MPH as the speed limit in most of the island. This is the best place to live in if you love sun and sand and you do not want to leave the U.S. to enjoy good weather.
If you want something more different, consider Cihangir, Istanbul. This is where east meets the west. You will have a truly different experience here when it comes to culture, climate, language, and food.
Another amazing place to live is Santa Cruz, Tenerife. The neighborhood dates back to the 1890s and 1930s. This is a sexily exotic and magnificent city. The Spaniard has amazing architecture. Santa Cruz has great hang out spots.
Yet another option is Glasthule in Ireland. The Irish are known for their friendly manner. Here, you get lovely old fashioned main streets, many festivals, a good transport network, and good climate. The city won a competition for the best place to live in Island by The Irish Times
Category: Travel Agencies & Bureaus
- Foreign Real Estate Be Careful when you Buy or Sell
- Advantages to Living Over Seas
- What A Charter Airline Service Offers
- How To Find The Best Luxury Cruise
- 2 For 1 Luxury Cruise Deals
- Packing For Vacations Things That You Must Know
- Useful Tips for International Travel with Your Pets
- Travel Fitness Tips
- Living and Working in Saudi Arabia
- Grand Canyon Helicopter Tours Of The South Rim
- What to Consider when Moving Abroad
- Employment Abroad How to find a Job Overseas
- Caribbean Vacation Deals and How An Unreachable Dream Gets Reached
- Best Cities to Find a Job
- Nothing Is More Relaxing Than A Cruise Vacation
- Cheapest Place in the World to Live
- Paradise and Dialysis At Sea
- Telescoping Handle Luggage The Best And Worst Travel Aid
- Things You Should Know About Travel Insurance
- Job Opportunities Overseas
- How Businesses Rank High on Google INSTANTLY
- SmartGuy®️ introduces Free Phone App
- SmartGuy® Completes New Platform
- SmartGuy Now Surpasses 145,000 Businesses
- SmartGuy Tops 50,000 in Global Internet Engagement
- SmartGuy Now Manages 20,000 City Business Networks
- What is a Youth Development Program
- Best Business Networks Near Me
- Who Is Ron DeSantis and his Political Positions
- How Businesses Rank High on Google INSTANTLY
- Risks of Artificial Intelligence
- What Are The Four Types of AI
- What are the Common Uses and Applications of AI
- What are Neural Networks and How Do They Relate to AI
- What is Deep Learning and How Does It Relate to AI
- What are Constraint Satisfaction Problems
- What are some common misunderstandings about AI
- How Does the Strong AI Differ From the Weak AI
- Where Does Artificial Intelligence Go From Here
- How Many Different Kinds of Agents Exist in Artificial Intelligence
- What is a Chatbot
- How Can Artificial Intelligence Be Used to Identify Fraud
- What are Different Platforms for Artificial Intelligence Development
- What is the Future of Artificial Intelligence
- Which Assessment is Used to Test the Intelligence of a Machine
- If you are starting a new business how Will you use AI to promote your business