Understand Energy Efficiency Ratings to Help The Environment
Today, with global warming reaching alarming levels, it is each and every individual's duty and obligation to do as much as they can towards reducing it. Each person can easily contribute. They just need a little perseverance and will to do his / or her own part in tackling the issue, starting with their home.
Yes, you got it right. Start the revolution at your own home by opting for energy-efficient heating and cooling devices that emit relatively lesser greenhouse gases. This approach will mark your efforts in saving the environment and at the same time, save you big bucks.
So, how do you go about finding these energy-smart cooling and heating products? Consumers can easily identify these products by determining their energy efficiency ratings. This article aims at educating readers in this field.
First and foremost, you need to know that energy efficiency of a cooling or heating device is calculated by its annual fuel utilization efficiency (AFUE). This is measured by the percentage of energy used that is actually returned to your house as warm air. Today's energy-efficient forced-air furnaces generally have an AFUE of 93.2. This means that on every dollar spent on heating energy, your house gets back 93.2% in the form of warmth.
Hence, if you have furnaces with AFUE of less that 60%, you should upgrade them to high-efficiency models. This can reduce your monthly electricity bill by up to 40%. To find out the AFUE ratings of a particular product, you simply need to look at the yellow-black guidebook of the product.
Now that was about forced-air furnaces. What are you supposed to do when it comes to determining the energy efficiency of cooling devices? Well, the answer is check out for the air conditioner's seasonal energy efficiency ratio (SEER). SEER is derived when the cooling output is divided by power consumption, after factoring in the other variables such as climate. The higher the air conditioner's SEER, the better it is for the appliance. A SEER of 10 is ideal for an energy-efficient device. Like AFUE, SEER can also be located in the yellow-black guidebook.
To ensure that the electronic device that you have set your eyes on is highly energy-efficient, check for an EnergyStar logo on it. These products generally exceed the standards of minimum federal energy use. EnergyStar has thousands of products starting from basic water heaters to high-tech computers.
Doing your part in identifing energy-efficient products and replacing non-efficient appliances is not only eco-friendly, but will save you money every month. As they say, one good deed deserves another.
Category: Const - Electrical
- How To Find A Good Electrician
- 12 Things Electricians want you to know
- Qualifications Needed to Become an Electrician
- How to Save Money on my Electric Bill
- Are Electricians Expensive What do They Charge Per Hour
- Electrical Wiring Basics for do it yourselfers
- Finding the Best Residential Energy Rates
- Common Electrical Problems in the Home
- Save Energy and Save Money
- The Four Methods For Home Energy Savings
- The Best Way To Choose the Best Electrician
- Electric Energy A Geothermal Heat Pump Can Help You Save Money On Electric Energy Costs
- Electrician Hourly Wages - What is the Salary Range
- Electrical Wire Color Codes - What Do They Mean
- SmartGuy Tops 50,000 in Global Internet Engagement
- How Businesses Rank High on Google INSTANTLY
- SmartGuy Now Surpasses 145,000 Businesses
- SmartGuy Gives Away Money LIVE Online Weekly
- SmartGuy® Completes New Platform
- SmartGuy Now Manages 20,000 City Business Networks
- Using Pinterest As One of Your Marketing Strategies
- Chain Link Vs Wood- Which Is the Better Fence
- How to Design Your Own Closet What is Best
- Tips for Building the Dream Kitchen
- Harry Winston Watches Prices - Deals for Sale Mens and Womens
- Best Local Tax Preparation
- High Risk Driver Auto Insurance and Classes
- How to Decide on a Foundation Repair Company
- Egress Windows Size And Safety Requirements
- Use Wall Murals To Decorate Your Childs Room
- Orthopedics Mobility Restored for Movement Challenges
- Press Releases to Improve Website Traffic
- Mobile Application Development The Driving Force Behind Mobile Devices
- Moving How to Pack Efficiently
- Pet Waste Removal Services Just Doo It
- Foreign Real Estate Be Careful when you Buy or Sell
- Find the Best Thai Restaurant near Me How to Select
- Stephen Anthony Leprohon Havasu City Motorsports owner faces 3 felony counts
- Find High Quality Sunglasses
- How to Choose the Best Jewelry Designer