The Four Methods For Home Energy Savings
The rule of thumb for home energy savings is that if want energy, you have to save it, just like money. Everyone is reeling, especially in this economy, over the often huge energy bills that many homes and businesses receive every month. The overuse of energy drains not only our natural resources and oil / gas / electrical supplies, but also our wallets.
Were a nation that likes its comfort, however, so we do want our houses to be livable when the weather gets extreme. We might wonder how we got along before A / C was invented, but most of us just pay the bill. To make that payment more palatable, here are some home energy saving tips the Big Four of energy saving.
The best way to hit all four of these is to do a home audit, a procedure where you go over your whole house and find weaknesses in its eco - system, places where energy is being drained. If you contact a government agency, they provide free home audit forms and advice on how to conduct the procedure. The audit itself is very effective, showing you where youre wasting energy and where you can conserve.
1. Check for leaks, just as in a sailing vessel. These occur around doors, windows, walls, light sockets, plumbing joins, even the edges of ceilings. You should definitely check fireplace vents and door tops (jambs). If you have a single door with a space of air running along its bottom (because of lack of insulation or a runner), you have what amounts to a 4 x 4 hole in your wall. As you check for leaks and cracks, also check the insulation stuffed or blown into your walls, floors and ceilings, and look for bare spots or settling.
2. Maintain and service appliances, particularly the water heater (is its thermostat set at the lowest possible setting?), air conditioning system (which should be serviced annually) and other household helpers such as dishwasher, washer - dryer sets and refrigerators. Many of these do need professional service occasionally, but there are also a number of online do - it - yourself sites that will give you step by step instructions in minor maintenance (changing a refrigerator water filter, or the fuse in a drying unit, both of which are easily managed by homeowners). One thing to note: if your appliance is connected to the outside air (as via a dryer hose), make sure the connection is airtight. This is one of the invisible points of energy loss that many people miss.
3. Continue the paradigm of the home audit with a family audit, in which you determine the familys energy use (how often do they adjust a / c and heating thermostats) and the patterns they follow (what hours they most often need heat or cold). Then you can set thermostat timers accordingly (and maintain just a few degrees away from complete comfort: 78 degrees in the summer, 68 or lower in winter).
4. Finally, replace incandescent bulbs with energy conserving twists; they reduce energy consumption up to 60 percent and seldom need changing.
We hope you feel comfortable enough to start home energy savings right now!
Category: Const - Electrical
- 12 Things Electricians want you to know
- Finding the Best Residential Energy Rates
- Electrical Wiring Basics for do it yourselfers
- Electrical Wire Color Codes - What Do They Mean
- Save Energy and Save Money
- The Best Way To Choose the Best Electrician
- Electrician Hourly Wages - What is the Salary Range
- Electric Energy A Geothermal Heat Pump Can Help You Save Money On Electric Energy Costs
- Are Electricians Expensive What do They Charge Per Hour
- How To Find A Good Electrician
- How to Save Money on my Electric Bill
- Common Electrical Problems in the Home
- Understand Energy Efficiency Ratings to Help The Environment
- Qualifications Needed to Become an Electrician
- How to meditate
- How to write a cover letter
- What to do on a first date
- What is the meaning of life
- How to get a passport
- Mind Balance Free Education Platform
- How to become more communicative
- How to become more stress tolerant
- How to become more courageous
- How to become more analytical
- Unlocking Happiness and Success- Effective Positive Thinking Techniques
- Building a Positive Attitude - Strategies for a Happier and More Fulfilling Life
- Overcoming Negative Thoughts - Strategies for a Positive Mindset
- Boosting Self-Confidence and Self-Esteem - Your Path to Empowerment
- Stress Management Strategies-Your Roadmap to a Calmer and Healthier Life
- Mind Balance - for those who dare to redefine their limits
- Teenagers are rushing to MindBalance rather than wasting time on TikTok
- 50 ways to be more like Jesus in everyday life
- Take the Wheel-Navigating Life Beyond the Screen
- Three Sentences from a Billionaire That Changed My Life and Made Me Millions