The Four Methods For Home Energy Savings
The rule of thumb for home energy savings is that if want energy, you have to save it, just like money. Everyone is reeling, especially in this economy, over the often huge energy bills that many homes and businesses receive every month. The overuse of energy drains not only our natural resources and oil / gas / electrical supplies, but also our wallets.
Were a nation that likes its comfort, however, so we do want our houses to be livable when the weather gets extreme. We might wonder how we got along before A / C was invented, but most of us just pay the bill. To make that payment more palatable, here are some home energy saving tips the Big Four of energy saving.
The best way to hit all four of these is to do a home audit, a procedure where you go over your whole house and find weaknesses in its eco - system, places where energy is being drained. If you contact a government agency, they provide free home audit forms and advice on how to conduct the procedure. The audit itself is very effective, showing you where youre wasting energy and where you can conserve.
1. Check for leaks, just as in a sailing vessel. These occur around doors, windows, walls, light sockets, plumbing joins, even the edges of ceilings. You should definitely check fireplace vents and door tops (jambs). If you have a single door with a space of air running along its bottom (because of lack of insulation or a runner), you have what amounts to a 4 x 4 hole in your wall. As you check for leaks and cracks, also check the insulation stuffed or blown into your walls, floors and ceilings, and look for bare spots or settling.
2. Maintain and service appliances, particularly the water heater (is its thermostat set at the lowest possible setting?), air conditioning system (which should be serviced annually) and other household helpers such as dishwasher, washer - dryer sets and refrigerators. Many of these do need professional service occasionally, but there are also a number of online do - it - yourself sites that will give you step by step instructions in minor maintenance (changing a refrigerator water filter, or the fuse in a drying unit, both of which are easily managed by homeowners). One thing to note: if your appliance is connected to the outside air (as via a dryer hose), make sure the connection is airtight. This is one of the invisible points of energy loss that many people miss.
3. Continue the paradigm of the home audit with a family audit, in which you determine the familys energy use (how often do they adjust a / c and heating thermostats) and the patterns they follow (what hours they most often need heat or cold). Then you can set thermostat timers accordingly (and maintain just a few degrees away from complete comfort: 78 degrees in the summer, 68 or lower in winter).
4. Finally, replace incandescent bulbs with energy conserving twists; they reduce energy consumption up to 60 percent and seldom need changing.
We hope you feel comfortable enough to start home energy savings right now!
Category: Const - Electrical
- Electrician Hourly Wages - What is the Salary Range
- Common Electrical Problems in the Home
- Understand Energy Efficiency Ratings to Help The Environment
- Qualifications Needed to Become an Electrician
- Electrical Wiring Basics for do it yourselfers
- Electrical Wire Color Codes - What Do They Mean
- How to Save Money on my Electric Bill
- How To Find A Good Electrician
- Finding the Best Residential Energy Rates
- Electric Energy A Geothermal Heat Pump Can Help You Save Money On Electric Energy Costs
- Save Energy and Save Money
- Are Electricians Expensive What do They Charge Per Hour
- 12 Things Electricians want you to know
- The Best Way To Choose the Best Electrician
- SmartGuy Tops 50,000 in Global Internet Engagement
- SmartGuy®️ introduces Free Phone App
- SmartGuy Now Manages 20,000 City Business Networks
- How Businesses Rank High on Google INSTANTLY
- SmartGuy® Completes New Platform
- SmartGuy Now Surpasses 145,000 Businesses
- Benefits of Humanoid Robots like Optimus
- Benefits of AI
- What Are The Four Types of AI
- What is Theory of Mind
- What are the Common Uses and Applications of AI
- What are Intelligent Agents and How are They Used in AI
- What is Machine Learning and How Does It Relate to AI
- What is Deep Learning and How Does It Relate to AI
- What is Automatic Programming
- What are Constraint Satisfaction Problems
- What are some common misunderstandings about AI
- How Many Different Kinds of Agents Exist in Artificial Intelligence
- What is a Chatbot
- How Can Artificial Intelligence Be Used to Identify Fraud
- What are Different Platforms for Artificial Intelligence Development
- Which Assessment is Used to Test the Intelligence of a Machine
- If you are starting a new business how Will you use AI to promote your business
- How Do Face Detection Systems Work
- Advanced AI risks to humanity
- Can AI Data be Manipulated by Others