How to Save Money on my Electric Bill
In tough times like this we all want to save money anywhere we can. There are many ways to save money on our electric bill, such as by turning off the lights when we are not in a particular room or by keeping the doors and windows shut when the air conditioning is on and so on. However the most effective way to save money for you home or business is to look for alternative carriers in your area. But, how do you do that?
Before we get into that, we need to discuss what is called de-regulation. De-regulation is the removal of government controls from any industry or sector, to allow for a free and efficient marketplace. What does that mean? For saving money on your electric bill, it means shopping against the main electric provider in your state.
There are around 15 de-regulated states in our country, if your lucky enough to live in one of these states, you can get a better rate on your electricity and save money on your electric bill. These savings can be anywhere from 15% to 30% depending on how much you use and the local carriers rates.
Because of the terrible recession that we are all enduring, electric rates in many states for the last 2 or 3 years have been lowered. When businesses close, rates drop because of a decrease in demand. However, the economy we is getting healthier and prices will begin to rise. In Illinois for example we are seeing 178 new businesses coming into our area every month. This coupled with very low rates in Illinois for the past few years are making prices jump through the roof.
Also, if you live in Illinois, you should be aware that ComEd is tring to get a 2.2% rate increase annually plus they want to be able to pass through these charges to business and homeowners with having to get approval. Can anything be done?
Yes, seek out an energy consultant. An Energy Consultant is a consultant who is an expert within the electric markets and is appointed with all the carriers in your area.
This will allow he or she to shop the whole market for you to find the best prices in your area and to advise you on whether you should lock in rates or not.
If you should lock in they'll tell you for what period of time you should keep the rates lock for based on whats going on in the ever changing world that is energy rates. If rates are very high they'll advise you to go with a index rate that will protect you from falling prices.
Category: Const - Electrical
- Are Electricians Expensive What do They Charge Per Hour
- Electrician Hourly Wages - What is the Salary Range
- Electrical Wiring Basics for do it yourselfers
- Understand Energy Efficiency Ratings to Help The Environment
- 12 Things Electricians want you to know
- Common Electrical Problems in the Home
- How To Find A Good Electrician
- The Best Way To Choose the Best Electrician
- Save Energy and Save Money
- Electrical Wire Color Codes - What Do They Mean
- Electric Energy A Geothermal Heat Pump Can Help You Save Money On Electric Energy Costs
- Finding the Best Residential Energy Rates
- Qualifications Needed to Become an Electrician
- The Four Methods For Home Energy Savings
- How Businesses Rank High on Google INSTANTLY
- SmartGuy Now Manages 20,000 City Business Networks
- SmartGuy® Completes New Platform
- SmartGuy Gives Away Money LIVE Online Weekly
- SmartGuy Tops 50,000 in Global Internet Engagement
- SmartGuy Now Surpasses 145,000 Businesses
- Interventional Cardiologist: What It Is And How To Become One
- Juvederm Injection - Where to Get It
- Find Best IRS Tax Attorney
- What Should It Cost to Fix My Appliances
- Choose The Best Wood for Grilling
- How to Repair a Chimney - Who to Call
- Breast Augmentation and Reduction Surgery Cost
- How to lose weight and be skinnier
- Why Get Car Insurance You Need it
- How to Stop Spam SMS What to Do
- Refrigerator Repair Service Choose the Best for your Appliances
- Is Sushi Safe to Eat Pregnancy Risks
- How Working Overseas Benefits your Career
- What is the best way to remove bed bugs
- List of What Are the Most Popular Honda Cars
- How to Choose Composite Decking Secrets Revealed
- How Can a Real Estate Agent Find Me a Rental
- Information on the 2020 Volkswagen Model which Has Big Surprises In Store For You
- What are Social Media Influencers and How Can They Grow Your Business
- Independent Auto Repair Companies Near Me What do they do