Save Energy and Save Money
Whenever the summer is coming, be prepared for high electricity bills. If you seem to always get shockingly high electricity bills, at the end of every month, read on to discover some low-cost energy saving tips. To begin with, learn to be a speedy and energy efficient chef. If you use microwave for cooking, you will be saving one-third of the energy normally consumed by a stove. A fully loaded dishwasher consumes lesser energy and air-drying the dishes would save even more. Keep the fridge packed with food and defrost regularly, so as to maintain the cooling effect every time the door opens. While purchasing new appliances, go for energy efficient models. Here are others.
The thermostat temperature should be kept 6 -7 degrees Celsius lower then the normal, at night or when away from home. This saves about 2% of energy for every 1 degree Celsius lowered. Ceiling fans allows air movement and makes the room cool.
To keep up the efficiency of your furnace and save the cost of operation at the same time, be sure to give it regular maintenance. Clean the filter and lubricate the internal parts of the furnace to keep your house warm and cozy.
Use cold water while doing your laundry, as most of the energy is consumed in heating the water. Running full loads, using moisture sensing setting and proper cleaning of the dryer after each use are some of the best ways to help save energy and save money.
If you are planning to replace your air conditioner, then save excessive waste of energy and money by purchasing an energy-efficient model. Switch to energy-efficient low-wattage compact fluorescent lighting and fixtures to reduce the lighting bill. Also get the defective plumbing faucets fixed to avoid wastage of water, electricity or gas.
Windows And Door Shading
During the blistering summer, shade your home from sun by installing patio covers, solar window screens, and awnings. This way, you can reduce excessive energy consumption as required by the air conditioner to make the house cool.
Defective ducting can account for nearly 25% of cooling cost on an average. Regular testing, cleaning and repairing of leaking ducts save ample of energy from being wasted. Make space for some gap around pipes and ducts to enable effective ventilation.
Avoid using the fireplace and the central heating system at the same time. You can trap warm air and prevent it from escaping through the chimney by using dampers.
If the current insulation level is R-19 or lower, then raise attic insulation to R-30. This saves about 10% of energy.
A little investigation and smart purchases can assist in being eco-friendly and a few bucks richer!
Category: Const - Electrical
- Electrician Hourly Wages - What is the Salary Range
- The Four Methods For Home Energy Savings
- How To Find A Good Electrician
- Understand Energy Efficiency Ratings to Help The Environment
- Electrical Wire Color Codes - What Do They Mean
- Electric Energy A Geothermal Heat Pump Can Help You Save Money On Electric Energy Costs
- The Best Way To Choose the Best Electrician
- Common Electrical Problems in the Home
- Finding the Best Residential Energy Rates
- Are Electricians Expensive What do They Charge Per Hour
- Electrical Wiring Basics for do it yourselfers
- Qualifications Needed to Become an Electrician
- How to Save Money on my Electric Bill
- 12 Things Electricians want you to know
- SmartGuy Gives Away Money LIVE Online Weekly
- SmartGuy Now Manages 20,000 City Business Networks
- SmartGuy Tops 50,000 in Global Internet Engagement
- SmartGuy Now Surpasses 145,000 Businesses
- How Businesses Rank High on Google INSTANTLY
- SmartGuy® Completes New Platform
- Using Pinterest As One of Your Marketing Strategies
- Chain Link Vs Wood- Which Is the Better Fence
- How to Design Your Own Closet What is Best
- Tips for Building the Dream Kitchen
- Harry Winston Watches Prices - Deals for Sale Mens and Womens
- Best Local Tax Preparation
- High Risk Driver Auto Insurance and Classes
- How to Decide on a Foundation Repair Company
- Egress Windows Size And Safety Requirements
- Use Wall Murals To Decorate Your Childs Room
- Orthopedics Mobility Restored for Movement Challenges
- Press Releases to Improve Website Traffic
- Mobile Application Development The Driving Force Behind Mobile Devices
- Moving How to Pack Efficiently
- Pet Waste Removal Services Just Doo It
- Foreign Real Estate Be Careful when you Buy or Sell
- Find the Best Thai Restaurant near Me How to Select
- Stephen Anthony Leprohon Havasu City Motorsports owner faces 3 felony counts
- Find High Quality Sunglasses
- How to Choose the Best Jewelry Designer