How to Get Cheap Auto Insurance At 18
Want to know how to get cheap auto insurance at 18? Eighteen year olds are considered adults when it comes to voting and serving in the military. However, they are still considered kids when it comes to buying car insurance. While these rates will always be higher, there are things you can do to lower them. Here is a breakdown of some of the most common ways a young driver can reduce their cost of auto insurance.
Get More That One Quote
This should always be the case, but especially for teenagers. Finding cheap car insurance always involves getting more than one rate quote. Some websites can provide you with multiple quotes at the same time. Always check with your local independent agents. They have a better chance of finding affordable insurance for young drivers because they have access to several companies.
Maintain Good Grades
Insurance companies discovered long ago that students who make good grades also make safer drivers. By maintaining a B average in high school or a 3.0 in college, you can save hundreds of dollars a year on car insurance for teens. This discount can be as high as 10%.
Keep Work Or School Close To Home
Insurance companies want to know where you work and go to school because it affects how many miles you will drive in a year. How to get cheap auto insurance at 18 is easier when you work or go to school close to home. When you drive fewer miles than average, you qualify for low mileage discounts.
Buy An Inexpensive Car
You can't get cheap car insurance for an expensive car. Wait until you turn 25 to buy that fancy sports car. Until then, when you are still considered a kid by the car insurance companies, drive a less expensive and more practical car. Insurance companies charge less to cover cars that cost less to repair or replace. When your rates go down on your 25th birthday, you can get that high performance car of your dreams. Until then, think practically.
Take A Driver's Education Course
Although most schools have stopped offering these classes, they are still available and still a good way to save money on insurance for young drivers. Car insurance for teens encourages taking these classes. If your high school offers the class, then take it. Otherwise, you will have to pay for the class. Still, the cost of the course will be made up by the savings in insurance premiums.
Consider A Higher Deductible
When you are buying that less expensive car, put away the money you save and keep it available to pay a higher deductible if you should get into an accident. Higher deductibles mean more out of pocket expense if you get into an accident, but they also mean lower rates. And, the money you save will be more that the increase in the deductible. So long as you can keep the money for the higher deductible available, this can amount to a substantial savings without putting you at greater risk.
How to get cheap auto insurance at 18 is relative. An eighteen year old will always pay more for insurance than an older driver because young drivers are a greater accident risk. Statistics clearly show a drop in the accident rate when drivers reach the age of 25. Insurance companies cover this additional risk by charging higher rates to younger and less experienced drivers. Still, there are things any young driver can do to lower those rates to a level that is more affordable. When buying insurance, be sure to ask about the availability of these discounts to lower your insurance costs.
Category: Insurance - Auto
- How to Lower Auto Insurance Costs What To Do
- Why Get Car Insurance You Need it
- How Much Is Auto Insurance a month
- How to Get Cheap Motorcycle Insurance
- Car Insurance for Non Residents - Where to Find
- Car Insurance Deposit What You Have to Pay
- Finding Best 3 Day Car Insurance
- Young Driver Classic Car Insurance Who to call
- How to Buy Auto Insurance Find Best Companies
- Cheapest Car Insurance for Teenage Boys
- How to Buy Car Insurance Find The Best Companies
- What is Classic Auto Insurance
- How to Find the Best Classic Car Auto Insurance
- What Is the Average Cost for Motorcycle Insurance
- Cheap Car Insurance for Women Finding Best Rates
- Finding Best Hail Damage Car Insurance
- Car Insurance for a Week Finding the Best
- How to Buy Motorcycle Insurance
- Best Car Insurance for Young Adults and Teenagers
- How to Find Cheap Car Insurance
- how to balance your mind and achieve greater happiness
- Cultivating Resilience and Mental Toughness - Keys to Thriving Amidst Lifes Challenges
- 50 positive affirmations to be read every day
- Why Mind Balance is so important for everyone
- Teenagers are rushing to MindBalance rather than wasting time on TikTok
- Take the Wheel-Navigating Life Beyond the Screen
- Mind Balance - A Comprehensive Solution for Navigating Modern Mental Health Challenges
- Unlocking Potential - The Power of Personality Assessment in Overcoming Obstacles
- Embracing Faith and Self - A Christian Guide to Personal Strengths and Weaknesses
- Uniting in Universal Love - Embracing Commonalities Across Faiths
- Bridging Divides - Understanding Barriers to Unity and Happiness in World Religions
- Overcoming Ego and Self-Centeredness - Lessons from World Religions
- Overcoming Prejudice and Intolerance - Guidance from Global Faiths
- Cultivation and Improvement of Personality Traits to Deepen Ones Relationship with God
- A Tapestry of Faiths - Exploring the Common Threads in World Religions
- Fostering Harmony Among Christianity Islam Buddhism Hinduism and Judaism
- Preparing Kids for Adulthood - 15 Vital Skills They Wont Learn in School
- Cultivating Key Skills to Overcome Anti-Semitism and Hate
- Navigating Diversity - Jerusalem's Tactical Approach to Interfaith Harmony
- Living the Teachings of Jesus - 100 Lessons for a Compassionate and Faithful Life