Turn Algae into Oil
Sounds Impossible? We thought so, until we received a call from Smart Guy member John Kelsall, CEO of the Greater Lakewood Chamber of Commerce. He sent us a video (linked below) that explains how.
In the video, Mr. Glen Kertz, CEO Valcent Products, states that you can create oil from algae and that "if we took 1/10 of the state of New Mexico and converted it into algae production, we could meet all the energy demands for the United States."
In the Video, Mr. Kertz shows his "closed loop photo bio reactor" that produces bio mass from algae. It is designed vertically to increase the yield or volume area of the surface exposed to the sunlight. The system continuously recycles the algae in a closed loop to sequester carbon dioxide and lipids - basically vegetable oil.
He states that the beauty of algae is that they can we can be selective about what carbon chains are coming out of it. In other words, a strain of algae can even make jet fuel or diesel more effectively.
Here is a video explaining the ability to grow vegetables much more effectively by growing upward and in motion to reduce the crops density on a given surface of land and greatly reduce the amount of water that is needed. According to Kertz, an average acre or lettuce grows around 400,000 heads per year, but he can grow 4-6 million heads in the same space with 1/20 the amount of water. They can also cut down on transport by setting up the system nearly anywhere.
In summary, the conversion of Algae into fuels might very well serve many of the needs of our future. Here are some of the highlights:
- Produces approximately 20 times the normal production volume for field crops
- Requires 5% of the normal water requirements for field crops
- Can be built on non arable lands and close to major city markets
- Can work in a variety of environments: urban, suburban, countryside, desert etc.
- Does not use herbicides or pesticides
- Will have very significant operating and capital cost savings over field agriculture
- Will drastically reduce transportation costs to market resulting in further savings, higher quality and fresher foods on delivery, and less transportation pollution
- Will be easily scalable from small to very large food production situations
- Becoming an Energy Efficiency Consultant
- Water Conservation In The Home
- Alternative Energy - What Are the Best Sources
- Finding the Best Commercial Energy Broker Service
- Green Business - All From One New Idea of Going Green
- How Businesses Rank High on Google INSTANTLY
- SmartGuy Now Manages 20,000 City Business Networks
- SmartGuy® Completes New Platform
- SmartGuy Tops 50,000 in Global Internet Engagement
- SmartGuy®️ introduces Free Phone App
- SmartGuy Now Surpasses 145,000 Businesses
- Finding the Best Structured Settlement Lawyers
- Getting an Accounting Degree - Who to Call
- Which Style of Yoga is Right for you - Best Choices
- How Much Does a Limo Cost
- Finding the Best Carpet Installation
- Ways to Accept Credit Cards on a Smart Phone
- Finding the Best Decorators and Designers
- Avon Still the Number One Provider of Women Products
- Robotic Trading Systems - Find Reviews
- Water Damage Restoration Have Extractor Will Travel
- What Is the Best Tasting Fruit to Eat
- Tips For Finding The Best Dog Walkers
- What Are Some Creative Bathroom and Kitchen Remodeling Ideas That Add Value
- Tips for Finding Storage Units at Unbeatable Prices
- All Inclusive Cruises How To Find The Best One
- Living in Panama Advantages There
- Mobile Auto Repair Questions and Troubleshooting
- Find The Best Car Wraps Near Me How to Choose
- Find Out how to Watch Free Sports MLB NFL NBA NHL UFC on Streaming LIVE TV
- Best HGH Gel For Sale Near Me Reviews Benefits and Weight Loss