Tips To Help You Choose Your Countertop
A counter top is a very important purchase for any kitchen. So, one must be very careful about the material that is to be selected and give proper thought to the kind of design scheme that they are looking at. A counter top would be the first thing that people would notice once they enter your kitchen, so be very cautious about what you choose.
The first consideration while buying the counter top should be the material that you are interested in. Review your budget and determine the usability of the counter and then go ahead with the purchase. You can choose from granite, marble, slate, soapstone or other plastic made materials.
While granite would be the best choice, it would be the costliest too. It is chip free and has a long life unlike many other stone counter tops.
Marble is softer than granite and needs to be sealed at least twice a year. A marble counter top is cool to work on and is heat resistant too. You could even try some of the engineered stone counter tops that are made out of plastic polymer. Counter tops made of this material are kid-friendly as you can easily remove all stains and scratches from it.
Once you have selected the material for the counter top, next on the agenda would be the color. Choose a color that reflects your personality and complements the kitchen decor. If you wish to select an unusual color then make sure that the other furnishings of your kitchen are neutral in color.
Avoid overtly bright colors like red and yellow as they would appear a total put off after a few weeks.
How to blend the look of the counter top with the rest of your home? This is yet another common question that is asked by many. Well, firstly, try and pick a counter top that goes well with your cabinets and flooring. Also, inspect the counter before you get it installed and get appropriate changes done beforehand.
If you have selected a natural color then the color might vary from what you had chosen earlier. Don’t worry; these minor differences are bound to occur from one piece to the next. Just make sure that the final outcome is a reflection of your personality and has been designed according to your requirements.
One important tip - make sure that the countertop top is measured by the square foot and not the linear feet. This would ultimately affect the pricing of the counter top. So be careful.
Category: Kitchen Remodeling
- Contemporary Kitchen Cabinets Customizing Considerations
- What Are Some Creative Bathroom and Kitchen Remodeling Ideas That Add Value
- Kitchen Remodeling - Where to Start
- Kitchen Remodeling For Style and Function
- Kitchen Food Pantry a Great Place to Store Items
- Five Tips for Estimating Kitchen Remodeling Costs
- Tips For Hiring a Kitchen Remodeler
- Tips On How To Remodel Your Home Kitchen
- Tips for Building the Dream Kitchen
- how to balance your mind and achieve greater happiness
- Cultivating Resilience and Mental Toughness - Keys to Thriving Amidst Lifes Challenges
- 50 positive affirmations to be read every day
- Why Mind Balance is so important for everyone
- Teenagers are rushing to MindBalance rather than wasting time on TikTok
- Take the Wheel-Navigating Life Beyond the Screen
- Mind Balance - A Comprehensive Solution for Navigating Modern Mental Health Challenges
- Unlocking Potential - The Power of Personality Assessment in Overcoming Obstacles
- Embracing Faith and Self - A Christian Guide to Personal Strengths and Weaknesses
- Uniting in Universal Love - Embracing Commonalities Across Faiths
- Bridging Divides - Understanding Barriers to Unity and Happiness in World Religions
- Overcoming Ego and Self-Centeredness - Lessons from World Religions
- Overcoming Prejudice and Intolerance - Guidance from Global Faiths
- Cultivation and Improvement of Personality Traits to Deepen Ones Relationship with God
- A Tapestry of Faiths - Exploring the Common Threads in World Religions
- Fostering Harmony Among Christianity Islam Buddhism Hinduism and Judaism
- Preparing Kids for Adulthood - 15 Vital Skills They Wont Learn in School
- Cultivating Key Skills to Overcome Anti-Semitism and Hate
- Navigating Diversity - Jerusalem's Tactical Approach to Interfaith Harmony
- Living the Teachings of Jesus - 100 Lessons for a Compassionate and Faithful Life