Five Tips for Estimating Kitchen Remodeling Costs
Interested in five tips for estimating kitchen remodeling costs? For a majority of homeowners, the kitchen is one of the most important rooms of the house! It follows logically then that they invest a considerable of time, energy and resources into creating a beautifully functional kitchen, maximizing its efficiency and reflecting their unique personality at the same time!
A kitchen remodeling project can thus be a very important home improvement plan, ranging from just a few hundred dollars to even ten's of thousands of dollars!
Here are some tips to help you determine the cost of remodeling your kitchen.
Always ascertain the current market value of your house before starting on your kitchen improvement plan.
Ideally, the total cost of remodeling your kitchen should not exceed 15% of the total worth of your house. And out of this, you should keep aside roughly 30-50% of the amount for cabinets, fixtures and appliances.
Make a plan and put it down on paper.
List everything that you're going to need and then find out how much each item in that list will cost you. If you find that it's exceeds your budget, then you can go through the list once again and see if you can reuse any of your existing stuff, like painting the cabinets instead of getting some new ones installed or reviving the existing wooden flooring with a touch of fresh paint.
Ascertain if you will need any new appliances or fixtures
Such as a new microwave or a sink or even a new decorative panel for your dishwasher. Check out the online stores for any available discounts. Some stores offer considerable discounts if you purchase more than one appliance from them.
If you are planning to hire a contractor, make sure that he is licensed and insured, and communicate your budget clearly to him in advance.
Get the plan in writing from him, including an estimate of the start-date and end-date, labor costs, as well as material costs. Ideally, the labor costs should not be more than 30% of the total cost. And avoid paying more than one-third of the total estimate upfront so as to ensure professionalism in service delivery. A D-I-Y project, however, can save much of these labor costs, although gas installations, plumbing and electrical fittings should be left to experts.
Make a "contingency fund" for unexpected expenses.
here could be irreparable leakages in old water pipes or termites in the wooden fittings, and you may find that you would need to replace these as well. So keep aside a tenth of your budget for such unplanned repair work.
Putting everything down on paper makes it easier to ascertain the costs of the remodeling. But you also need to avoid "changing your mind" frequently during the project!
Category: Kitchen Remodeling
- What Are Some Creative Bathroom and Kitchen Remodeling Ideas That Add Value
- Tips To Help You Choose Your Countertop
- Tips For Hiring a Kitchen Remodeler
- Kitchen Remodeling - Where to Start
- Contemporary Kitchen Cabinets Customizing Considerations
- Tips On How To Remodel Your Home Kitchen
- Kitchen Remodeling For Style and Function
- Tips for Building the Dream Kitchen
- Kitchen Food Pantry a Great Place to Store Items
- How to meditate
- How to write a cover letter
- What to do on a first date
- What is the meaning of life
- How to get a passport
- Mind Balance Free Education Platform
- How to become more communicative
- How to become more stress tolerant
- How to become more courageous
- How to become more analytical
- Unlocking Happiness and Success- Effective Positive Thinking Techniques
- Building a Positive Attitude - Strategies for a Happier and More Fulfilling Life
- Overcoming Negative Thoughts - Strategies for a Positive Mindset
- Boosting Self-Confidence and Self-Esteem - Your Path to Empowerment
- Stress Management Strategies-Your Roadmap to a Calmer and Healthier Life
- Mind Balance - for those who dare to redefine their limits
- Teenagers are rushing to MindBalance rather than wasting time on TikTok
- 50 ways to be more like Jesus in everyday life
- Take the Wheel-Navigating Life Beyond the Screen
- Three Sentences from a Billionaire That Changed My Life and Made Me Millions