List of The Best Alcoholic Drinks
Looking for a list of the best alcoholic drinks? Every once in a while, people need to cut back, relax, and enjoy some of the smaller, finer things in life, like a well-prepared drink. Sometimes it’s a glass of fine wine or excellent champagne. Occasionally it's something a bit stiffer, as people often drink to take the edge off of life. Drinking has become more popular, whether it is socializing with friends, or just tosoftensome tense moments life has thrown your way.But what are the most popular drinks people choose? If you want to wow your friends with your bartending expertise, here's a list of 10 extremely popular drinks that are simple to make, incredibly delicious, and designed to make you the bartender of choice at all future parties.
The Black Russian/ White Russian
2 oz. vanilla vodka, 1 oz. Kahlua, light or heavy cream (some bartenders use a 3:2 ratio, while some use a 5:2 ratio Vodka to coffee liqueur)Served over cubes or crushed ice, a Black Russian is a simple, yet incredibly tasty mixed drink. Mix the vodka and Kahlua together, generally in an old-fashioned glass. To turn the drink into a White Russian, prepare as before then fill up the rest of your glass with the light or heavy cream. Some connoisseurs shake the cream to thicken it prior to adding. Very easy to make, even easier to enjoy.
1 oz. light rum, 1 oz. Blue Curacao liqueur, 1 oz. crème of coconut liqueur, 2 oz. pineapple juiceIts electrifying color, coupled with its sweet taste makes this a fun drink to imbibe. Created by a bartender at the Hilton Hawaiian Village over fifty years ago, this drink is served over ice, or for the more adventurous, can be blended in a blender with crushed ice to form a frozen cocktail. Less traditional, yet equally tasty. Please do not use coconut milk as a substitute for the crème of coconut. For the authentic presentation, use a hurricane glass.
Sex On The Beach
2 oz. vodka (fruit flavored preferred), 1 oz. peach schnapps, 2 oz. cranberry juice, 2 oz. orange juiceA typical social drink served in countless restaurants and bars, Sex On The Beach is a delicious blend of fruit juices with just a splash of vodka. Enjoy this sweet alcoholic drink in a highball glass. It’s probably as much fun to order it, as to drink it.
3 oz. champagne, oz. Triple Sec, 1 ½ oz. orange juice. In a champagne flute, add regular orange juice and jazz it up a bit by combining with quality champagne and some Triple Sec. This is a popular drink at many upscale brunches, so impress your friends when they come over early in the day.
2 oz. Tequila, 4 oz. orange juice, ¾ oz. grenadineThe perfect fruity mix with a kick, a Tequila Sunrise is a great way to enjoy an afternoon by the pool on a hot day. Originated at the Biltmore Hotel in Arizona, its name is derived from the graduation of color, as the denser ingredients settle at the bottom and lighter ingredients at the top.
Whiskey and Coke
2 oz. Whiskey, 10 oz. CokeOften prepared with Jack Daniels + Coca-Cola, this easy to make drink is generally served in a Collins glass, but is known as a Highball. Who knew such a combination could be so good?
Long Island Ice Tea
½ oz. vodka, ½ oz. gin, ½ oz. Triple Sec, ½ oz. white rum, ½ oz. tequila, 2 oz. sweet and sour mix, finish with cola (1:1:1:1:1:2 ratio) Yet another incredibly popular beverage, the Long Island Ice Tea combines so many things people love into one incredible glass. Use the ratio above to combine the liquors, then add coke and serve over ice. The drink is deceiving in its appearance, as it resembles iced tea, but packs a considerable punch. A word to the wise, one is probably sufficient, as this is generally served in a very tall glass.
1 ½ oz. vodka, 3 oz. tomato juice, 1 tsp. lemon juice, 1 tsp. lime juice, ½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce, 6 drops Tabasco sauce, celery stalkThis spicy blend is definitely not for the faint of heart, but it is the “perfect” hangover cure, courtesy of urban legends. The celery stalk helps cool down the overall zest of the drink, and it is highly recommended as an accoutrement. If you don’t like spicy foods at all, stay away from this one. Usually served in a highball glass over ice, it is often a “morning drink”.
2 oz. Green Apple vodka, 1 oz. Sour Apple pucker Invented by an Irish bartender in the 1970’s, this drink can be made with apple juice, apple cider, or apple liqueur. Though the recipe isn’t set in stone this is the base for a good Appletini. Other iterations include adding some sweet and sour mix , apple schnapps or lemon juice to the blend.
1 ¼ oz. light rum, ½ oz. dark rum, ½ oz Triple Sec, ¾ oz. orange juice, ¾ oz. pineapple juice, ¼ oz. lime juice, dash of grenadine. (there are many recipes that include Orgeat syrup and orange curacao, as well as rock candy syrup, but if these ingredients aren’t available at your local market the above recipe will suffice) This is perhaps the single greatest drink of all time. Perfect for enjoying at home, or on the beaches of Maui (where it should be), the Mai Tai is the ultimate relaxation drink. Mixing all ingredients except the dark rum in a cocktail shaker, then serve over ice, and float the dark rum on top, is the preferred method for bringing out the full flavor. The list of ingredients and prep time are well worth it for this amazing beverage.
So there you have it, a list of 10 popular drinks that can transform you into the toast of every party. Try making them for yourself the next time you want to take the edge off of a long day, or become the latest 'Brian Flanagan' in your locale. Just remember the basic rules and responsibilities of alcohol consumption to avoid any troubles. Enjoy!
- Ingredients in Diet Soda - What is in them
- Which Alcohol has the Fewest Calories - Healthiest
- Which Liquor has the Least Number of Calories - Healthiest
- The Best Liquor Stores Near Me - Which Delivers
- How to make lasagna
- How to become more analytical
- How to become a quick learner
- How to become more visionary
- Unlocking Happiness and Success- Effective Positive Thinking Techniques
- Teenagers are rushing to MindBalance rather than wasting time on TikTok
- Take the Wheel-Navigating Life Beyond the Screen
- Mind Balance - A Comprehensive Solution for Navigating Modern Mental Health Challenges
- Journey Within - A Jewish Path to Self-Discovery and Spiritual Growth
- Uniting in Universal Love - Embracing Commonalities Across Faiths
- Universal Pursuit of Happiness - Wisdom from World Religions
- Transcending Materialism - Spiritual Practices from World Religions
- Illuminating the Path - Overcoming Ignorance and Misunderstanding in World Religions
- Cultivation and Improvement of Personality Traits to Deepen Ones Relationship with God
- Balancing Act - How Understanding Personalities Could Unlock World Peace
- Exploring World Religions - A Colorful Journey for Kids
- Understanding Buddhism - Insights into Its Teachings Meditation and Cultural Impact
- How Mind Balance Empowers You Against Misinformation
- Clearing Mental Plaque: The Path to Enhanced Communication and Divine Connection
- Living the Teachings of Jesus - 100 Lessons for a Compassionate and Faithful Life