Credit Bureaus Is Your Identity Safe
Let's face it. Your name should be worth everything to you. The reason why is that it is you, and there is only one of you. Here is something that you need to know. Please forward this to others. Many people don't realize that every time that their credit is checked, the information provided to the chosen credit bureaus (Equifax, TransUnion, Innovis or Experian) instantly becomes a commodity that is sold. It goes to not only to other lenders, but also to companies that actually sell and resell the same names and personal information.
Just imagine, credit bureaus have discovered a way to increase their revenues at your expense and it is without your permission.
These 'inquiry leads' include a lot of information, such as your name, address, phone numbers (including unlisted), credit score, current debt and debt history, property information, gender, age, and estimated income.
The fact is that they are marketing your personal, confidential information to competing creditors and making millions on it. Therefore, your privacy is being sold, not just once, but multiple times.
The lenders and others that have purchased these leads at a premium will then do everything they can to recapture their original investment and turn it into a hefty profit. Often, bait and switch tactics are being used to lure clients away from their reputable lender.
There is some good news, though. You can make it stop! There are organizations within the consumer credit reporting industry, which has provided a way for you to "opt out" or remove your name from these lists. Please note - in many cases, you must opt out at least 48 hours prior to having your credit checked to make sure it is processed in time. You can either choose a five year or lifetime option. The lifetime option does require a signed form.
Currently, the practice of generating and selling these lists is allowed by the law. If you would like to send a complaint about this or have been targeted after opting out, you can contact the FTC or your state Attorney General's Office directly. These agencies will investigate reported violations. Contacting them is important since in most cases, it is their primary source of information.
The point is as a consumer, it is your right to shop for the best service and price for a product, but this should be on your terms. These unsolicited marketing tactics are a both a nuisance and intrusive. Take your privacy back and don't allow yourself to be a part of this system.
Category: Financial Plan & Invest
Featured Financial Plan & Invest
- Robotic Trading Systems - Find Reviews
- The Best Penny Stocks - How to Find them
- Finding Buyers of Structured Settlement Annuities
- Find Automated Trading Software and Systems
- How to Open And Set Up An IRA - Who To Cal
- Business Loans Why Hire a Professional
- Trading Stocks Online - How To Do It
- Financial Scams Await Uninformed House Owners
- The Rich Get Richer and the Poor Get Poorer
- Stock Picking Strategy - What Works
- Top 10 Mistakes Business Owners Make
- How to Reduce Debt Fast
- Debt Reduction Can Set You On Course For A Brighter Future
- How to Protect Your Identity
- Stock Market Trading Strategies and Software - Which Is Best
- Self Directed IRA and 401k - What Is It
- Best Software Programs for Stock Trading
- Building a Better Future in an Economic Downturn
- How to meditate
- How to write a cover letter
- What to do on a first date
- What is the meaning of life
- How to get a passport
- Mind Balance Free Education Platform
- How to become more communicative
- How to become more stress tolerant
- How to become more courageous
- How to become more analytical
- Unlocking Happiness and Success- Effective Positive Thinking Techniques
- Building a Positive Attitude - Strategies for a Happier and More Fulfilling Life
- Overcoming Negative Thoughts - Strategies for a Positive Mindset
- Boosting Self-Confidence and Self-Esteem - Your Path to Empowerment
- Stress Management Strategies-Your Roadmap to a Calmer and Healthier Life
- Mind Balance - for those who dare to redefine their limits
- Teenagers are rushing to MindBalance rather than wasting time on TikTok
- 50 ways to be more like Jesus in everyday life
- Take the Wheel-Navigating Life Beyond the Screen
- Three Sentences from a Billionaire That Changed My Life and Made Me Millions