Bathroom Decorating Ideas Big Effects on a Small Budget
Looking for bathroom decorating ideas but on a small budget? Why do you need new bathroom decorating ideas, anyway? Well, just think of your bathroom for a moment. Hard to picture, isnt it? Its the smallest room in the house, and the dullest. Its got blank white walls (well, there's that one wildlife picture), rods for towels, a sink, a tub and shower combination, and the commode. Big whoop.
However, with just a few of the more innovative small bathroom decorating ideas, you can have a truly remarkable room, perhaps the most artistic and interesting one in the house. At the very least, it would make the daily shower a new and exciting adventure.
So what are some of the best bathroom decorating ideas? One of the most creative new ones involves one of the least expensive kinds of furniture out there - wicker. Imagine what happens to the room with the addition of a tropical look, in the form of wicker shelves, corner pieces and that unusual, plantation-style shelving designed specifically to fit above the commode tank. A once utilitarian (and utterly boring) room is transformed into something out of the enchanted Tiki room, for less than a new paint job.
Speaking of that, why not a new paint job? It's cheap, it's easy, and it can usually be done in an afternoon, even with two coats. You pick a single light shade that's completely different from the off-white blandness you've got now, and that simple change in the palette of the room creates a whole new appearance. Or you could try a two-toned look, with a darker shade border above the lighter hue. It's a spectacular look for those wanting bathroom decorating ideas on a small budget.
Another one of the great bathroom decoration ideas is tile - on the floors, sure, but also in borders along the tops of the walls, around the sink, around the bathtub (to create a "sunken tub" look), set in the wall in lieu of paintings. The Europeans have a whole new idea for tile - they choose brightly colored, elegantly glazed tiles with single patterns, pictures or designs on them, and these are set at eye level and at key places. The mind boggles at it, but the eye is captivated.
Finally, we haven't mentioned the piece de resistance. This is the focal point of the bathroom, the part that takes up the whole of the vision and yet is so dull that it is completely ignored. It's the thing you see first, and the one (now that you're used to it) you notice least. And yet a single change, effected in this piece, can brighten, enliven and transform the entire bathroom.
Of course, we're talking about the shower curtain. A brand new one of these, with an elegant net-sheen of gilt or silver, or a broad swatch of tropical color and design, or a single soothing and warming hue, can absolutely work miracles in a bathroom. And of all the small bathroom decorating ideas, it's the least expensive to do.
So now you have plenty of great bathroom decorating ideas and you can remain on your small budget. Stop reading this and get to work!
- Space Saving Tips for Your Bathroom
- Finding the Best Decorators and Designers
- Tips for Decorating your Home
- Architectural Salvage An Affordable Artistic Alternative
- Wild Holiday Decorating Ideas within a Budget
- Use Wall Murals To Decorate Your Childs Room
- Multifunctional Family Bath Ideas For Everyone
- Seven Tips on How You Can Make a Small House Appear Spacious
- how to balance your mind and achieve greater happiness
- Cultivating Resilience and Mental Toughness - Keys to Thriving Amidst Lifes Challenges
- 50 positive affirmations to be read every day
- Why Mind Balance is so important for everyone
- Teenagers are rushing to MindBalance rather than wasting time on TikTok
- Take the Wheel-Navigating Life Beyond the Screen
- Mind Balance - A Comprehensive Solution for Navigating Modern Mental Health Challenges
- Unlocking Potential - The Power of Personality Assessment in Overcoming Obstacles
- Embracing Faith and Self - A Christian Guide to Personal Strengths and Weaknesses
- Uniting in Universal Love - Embracing Commonalities Across Faiths
- Bridging Divides - Understanding Barriers to Unity and Happiness in World Religions
- Overcoming Ego and Self-Centeredness - Lessons from World Religions
- Overcoming Prejudice and Intolerance - Guidance from Global Faiths
- Cultivation and Improvement of Personality Traits to Deepen Ones Relationship with God
- A Tapestry of Faiths - Exploring the Common Threads in World Religions
- Fostering Harmony Among Christianity Islam Buddhism Hinduism and Judaism
- Preparing Kids for Adulthood - 15 Vital Skills They Wont Learn in School
- Cultivating Key Skills to Overcome Anti-Semitism and Hate
- Navigating Diversity - Jerusalem's Tactical Approach to Interfaith Harmony
- Living the Teachings of Jesus - 100 Lessons for a Compassionate and Faithful Life