What is in Makeup Cosmetics Ingredients
If you like using makeup, you probably have very many types to choose from to go with an outfit or an occasion. You can use makeup to enhance your beauty or perpetuate a certain feature of your face that you would want to be noticeable. You can even use makeup to decorate yourself for an acting role. Actors normally use make up to enable them portray certain memorable characters that would not easily stand out without the distinct makeup. Before you go out shopping, you need to know what is in makeup. Knowing the cosmetic ingredients can enable you choose the best one for your needs.
You might be more interested in food ingredients than you are in cosmetic ingredients. However, what you put on your skin is as important as what you eat.
You can get cosmetic ingredients from various sources. Your makeup could be derived from numerous plant and animal sources among others. Anything that can produce color can be used to make a cosmetic. Animal products are being used less because of the campaigns by animal rights groups.
The use of makeup is not new but technology has enabled people to create more varieties of cosmetics. The ingredients have also changed, as people try to avoid ingredients that are considered harmful. Early civilizations used minerals and plant-based paints to make their cosmetics. These cosmetics were as natural as you could want. Most of them used water or natural oils as solvent.
Today, other substances have been used as solvents. You can find artificial and natural ingredients today. One of the most common is castor oil, which is preferred by many because it does not add or cause acne. Dye carmine is one of the ingredients commonly used to make strong red colors. It is made from carminic acid. You will find this ingredient in your eye makeup.
You would be surprised to know that what is in makeup could be something that you see every day. Some cosmetics are derived from the substance found on fish scales, particularly herring. Herring are very beautiful to look at therefore it is understandable that something used to enhance beauty would be taken from it.
Pearlescence is also a widely used effect applied in cosmetic products for its gloss effect. Pearlescence can be obtained from mica, a natural mineral. If used in combination with a layer of titanium dioxide, you get a marvelous effect. The coating causes interference effects between the two ingredients that create color changes.
Some cosmetics also use ingredients such as a type of wax known as glycol distearate. Nail polish could contain shiny ingredients known as bismuth oxychloride flakes. You can find foundation makeup based on silicone, water or minerals. The cosmetic ingredients used to make lipstick include common iron rust. Synthetic colors are now used extensively because they are more economical.
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is responsible for regulating the use of various cosmetic ingredients. However, this is only if the ingredients are found to violate the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act). In addition, the Fair Packaging and Labeling Act (FPLA) provides guidelines on packaging. FDA performs inspections to ensure that all cosmetics manufactures adhere to such regulation. The FDA certainly knows what is in makeup and they encourage people to know the ingredients and report any unpleasant incidences.
If you take more interest in knowing about the ingredients in your makeup, you will play a major role in making cosmetics safer for everyone. For many people, cosmetics have made their lives better and complete. Safe ingredients are what everyone would want to use.
Category: Skin Care
Featured Skin Care
- SmartGuy Tops 50,000 in Global Internet Engagement
- SmartGuy® Completes New Platform
- SmartGuy Now Surpasses 145,000 Businesses
- SmartGuy®️ introduces Free Phone App
- SmartGuy Now Manages 20,000 City Business Networks
- How Businesses Rank High on Google INSTANTLY
- Types of Irrigation Systems
- Ten Social Media Tools You Better Be Using Now
- What Air Quality Monitoring Does
- Finding the Best Animal Hospitals
- Best Firewood- Types and Finding the Right Mix
- Windshield Repair Business - Getting Started Amidst Competition
- What Are Factory Horsepower Ratings
- Street Bicycles vs Mountain Bikes - How Do They Compare
- Egress Windows Size And Safety Requirements
- Trading Stocks Online - How To Do It
- How to Sell Annuities - What to Know
- Finding the Right Pet Sitter
- Folding Steps are Great to Reach High Places
- Is Steam Cleaning The Engine A Good Idea
- Find the Right Method to Determine the Value of Your Business
- How to Sell My House Fast and get Cash Offers
- Car Accident Lawyer Near Me Where to Find One
- What is a Good Business Opportunity
- Why are Youth Programs Important
- Best Business Networks Near Me