Living in Madrid Best Places to Visit
Madrid, the capital of Spain and the country's largest city, is the most popular tourist destination in the city. It is considered to be the urban tourism capital of Europe. The city is characterized by world-class architecture and buzzing public spaces. There are several memory-making places that should entice you to live in Madrid. A must-visit destination when living in Madrid is Museo del Prado. The museum houses some of the most famous classical artists in Spain, among them El Greco, Goya, and Velazquez, among other sculpting and painting masters. Some of the art is dark and even whimsical. The museum is free on weekdays from 6 PM to 8 PM and on evenings during the weekends.
Consider visiting El Parque del Buen Retiro. This is the main urban park in Madrid. The green-space is located in the city center near other top Madrid attractions. Here, you will find a lake, flower gardens, and many trees to escape from the concrete jungle that is Madrid.
Another must-visit attraction in Madrid is Museo Taurino (the Bullfighting Museum). The museum is free to enter. Its main focus is Spain's most popular pastime, bullfighting. This is a good place to get introduced to Spanish culture if you are planning on living in Madrid. Some of the exhibits include costumes by bullfighters, bloodies outfits worn by famous bull fighters killed or injured during bullfighting, stuffed bull heads, and props.
If you are into archeology, visit Museo Archeologico. The museum is free to enter to the public. It houses archeological finds as well as an impressive collection of Greek, Egyptian, and Roman artifacts. There are exhibition halls with ancient Iberia day-to-day utensils and with statues. You get to see well-preserved pre-historic cave paintings here.
Plaza Mayor, Madrid's central square, has atmospheric plazas used by people as gathering places, one of the most popular being Mayor. Plaza Mayor has a rich and colorful history, from royal coronation ceremonies to public executions. The city's social scene comes alive here every evening.
No visit to Madrid is complete without a visit to Centro de Arte Reina Sofia. The museum houses the most famous modern art works by the likes of Dali and Picasso. There are also several works by Reina Sofia. The museum is free to enter after 7 PM on weekday evenings and all day on Sunday.
Yet another must-visit attraction in Madrid is Gran Via. This is the most famous street in Madrid and it has appeared in many films set in Madrid. The street features Michelin-starred cafes, high-end boutiques, and restaurants. This is the best place to visit if you want to see classic Spanish architecture.
Consider visiting Royal Palace of Madrid if you are planning on living in Madrid. Visiting the palace grounds is free of charge. The building is supposed to be home to the King of Spain, but he does not live here and it is only used for official ceremonies. You get to enjoy the beautiful facade here. Yet another attraction worth visiting is El Rastro. Here, you get to enjoy the local culture of Madrid. The flea market where you can buy cheap souvenirs makes you feel one with the rest of Spain. You also get to mingle with the locals.
Mercado de San Miguel is a famous indoor market that is characterized by ornate iron posts. It was established in 1913 and it is known for its variety of high quality foods. Other places worth visiting if you are planning on living in Madrid are Catedral de la Almudena, Plaza de Espana, Plaza de Cibeles, Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum of Art, Real Jardin Botanico, and Zoo Aquarium Madrid.
Category: Travel Agent
- Discount Travel How to Save Money while Traveling
- Compare Best All Inclusive Resorts Bahamas vs Cancun
- Find the Best Affordable Honeymoon Wedding Packages Where to go
- Family Friendly All Inclusive Resorts Cancun Bahamas
- Travel Agent Companies Finding the Best One
- Live in Paris Where to Go and What to See
- Best Adventure Trekking Company Holidays in Nepal
- Costco Travel Vacation Packages Best Value
- Living in Panama Advantages There
- Living in Budapest What to Know
- Fees for check luggage Southwest vs JetBlue vs others
- Advantages of Living Overseas
- 5 of the Greatest Places to Go On Vacation
- Semester Away Programs How to Study Abroad in High School
- Retirement in Nova Scotia What is it Like
- Relocation to Europe Things to Consider
- The Best Places To Go On Vacation
- SmartGuy Now Manages 20,000 City Business Networks
- SmartGuy Now Surpasses 145,000 Businesses
- SmartGuy®️ introduces Free Phone App
- How Businesses Rank High on Google INSTANTLY
- SmartGuy Tops 50,000 in Global Internet Engagement
- SmartGuy® Completes New Platform
- Types of Irrigation Systems
- Ten Social Media Tools You Better Be Using Now
- What Air Quality Monitoring Does
- Finding the Best Animal Hospitals
- Best Firewood- Types and Finding the Right Mix
- Windshield Repair Business - Getting Started Amidst Competition
- What Are Factory Horsepower Ratings
- Street Bicycles vs Mountain Bikes - How Do They Compare
- Egress Windows Size And Safety Requirements
- Trading Stocks Online - How To Do It
- How to Sell Annuities - What to Know
- Finding the Right Pet Sitter
- Folding Steps are Great to Reach High Places
- Is Steam Cleaning The Engine A Good Idea
- Find the Right Method to Determine the Value of Your Business
- How to Sell My House Fast and get Cash Offers
- Car Accident Lawyer Near Me Where to Find One
- What is a Good Business Opportunity
- Why are Youth Programs Important
- Best Business Networks Near Me