Fees for check luggage Southwest vs JetBlue vs others
All the passengers boarding the airlines are allowed to carry checked luggage only to a certain number of bag(s) and are made to pay for the rest. In other cases, not even a single bag is allowed free of cost and the passengers are charged based on the weight of the luggage they bring or on the number of bags.
These charges may be justified based on the fact that the prices for fuel are soaring, and regardless of trying to increase the profit margins, the airlines need to maintain them in the first place. The aero planes are designed in such a way that they can carry only a certain weight. In such cases, the passengers who take up even an insignificant proportion of the allowed weight should rationally pay for it. Any idea of what the fees are for check luggage on southwest vs JetBlue vs others?
The luggage policy from one airline to other varies. The Southwest Airline in general allows a passenger boarding the economy flight to carry two bags for free. This policy is more detailed than it looks like. The two bags each should not weight more than 50 pounds while the size of each bag should not exceed 62 inches in total. This include the length, breath and the height of the checked luggage. Each extra item for the next 50 pounds is charged at $75 each.
On the other hand, JetBlue provides a slightly different policy. The airline which was once known as the cheapest American airline has changed its policies drastically. You may be given a leverage if you are participating in their loyal members’ club. However if the case is not so, it shall cost you around $25 for the first bag, while $35 for the second and a whopping $150 for the third. Each extra bag will cost you likewise and thus soar the total cost of your travel.
Other popular options to travel other than Southwest and JetBlue and their check luggage policies are as follow:
The check luggage charges depend massively on the place you are travelling to, and is subject to change for local and international flights. It is also altered for people who participate in their loyalty programs. For passengers who are travelling domestically and do not take part in their loyalty programs; the first bag costs $25, while the second costs $35, the third bag costs $150, while the forth costs you $200.
For the passengers flying through the economy class, the first check luggage bag will cost you $45 and the second will cost you $50.
For any flight with in the United States of America and Canada, you will be expected to pay $25 for the first bag, while $35 for the second bag. These bags should not weigh more than a maximum of 50 pounds and a total of 62 inches.
This airline charges similar to most of its competitors. The first bag will cost $25 while the second bag will cost you $35. These prices are exclusive to travelling within Canada and the United States of America.
For the first bag, you are expected to pay between $27.50 and $31.62; while for the second bag, you are expected to pay an amount between $37.50 and $43.13. The third bag shall cost you from $92.50 to $106.38. These price quotations are only limited to the people flying domestically.
The first bag on your domestic flight will cost you $25, and so will the second bag in your checked luggage. The third bag would cost you $75. One thing is to be kept in mind, none of the bags can exceed the weight of 50 pounds each, while they cannot exceed the size of 62 inches in totals.
For a passenger flying in the economy class, the first checked bag will cost $25, while the second will cost $35. For international flights, you are allowed to check two bags for free.
However, all the airline options listed will provide you variation in services and customer satisfaction, so you may choose what you like the best.
All the rates quoted in the article are the latest, as quoted by the airlines, however you should always check first as they can change at any time.
Category: Travel Agent
- Retirement in Nova Scotia What is it Like
- Compare Best All Inclusive Resorts Bahamas vs Cancun
- Travel Agent Companies Finding the Best One
- Discount Travel How to Save Money while Traveling
- Relocation to Europe Things to Consider
- Live in Paris Where to Go and What to See
- Find the Best Affordable Honeymoon Wedding Packages Where to go
- Advantages of Living Overseas
- Best Adventure Trekking Company Holidays in Nepal
- Costco Travel Vacation Packages Best Value
- Living in Budapest What to Know
- Semester Away Programs How to Study Abroad in High School
- Living in Panama Advantages There
- Family Friendly All Inclusive Resorts Cancun Bahamas
- The Best Places To Go On Vacation
- Living in Madrid Best Places to Visit
- 5 of the Greatest Places to Go On Vacation
- SmartGuy Now Manages 20,000 City Business Networks
- SmartGuy Now Surpasses 145,000 Businesses
- How Businesses Rank High on Google INSTANTLY
- SmartGuy Tops 50,000 in Global Internet Engagement
- SmartGuy®️ introduces Free Phone App
- SmartGuy® Completes New Platform
- Types of Irrigation Systems
- Ten Social Media Tools You Better Be Using Now
- What Air Quality Monitoring Does
- Finding the Best Animal Hospitals
- Best Firewood- Types and Finding the Right Mix
- Windshield Repair Business - Getting Started Amidst Competition
- What Are Factory Horsepower Ratings
- Street Bicycles vs Mountain Bikes - How Do They Compare
- Egress Windows Size And Safety Requirements
- Trading Stocks Online - How To Do It
- How to Sell Annuities - What to Know
- Finding the Right Pet Sitter
- Folding Steps are Great to Reach High Places
- Is Steam Cleaning The Engine A Good Idea
- Find the Right Method to Determine the Value of Your Business
- How to Sell My House Fast and get Cash Offers
- Car Accident Lawyer Near Me Where to Find One
- What is a Good Business Opportunity
- Why are Youth Programs Important
- Best Business Networks Near Me