How to make pancakes
Wondering how to make pancakes? Pancakes are a beloved breakfast treat that's relatively easy to make. Here's a basic recipe for making fluffy pancakes:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk (or 1 cup milk with 1 tablespoon lemon juice or white vinegar added—let sit for 5 minutes)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (plus more for the pan)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, melted butter, and egg. If you don't have buttermilk, you can make your own by adding 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar to a cup of milk. Let it sit for about 5 minutes until it slightly curdles.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Gently fold them together using a spatula or a whisk. Mix just until combined, but be careful not to overmix. It's okay if there are a few lumps.
Preheat Your Pan or Griddle
- Place a non-stick pan or griddle over medium heat. Once hot, add a small amount of butter or oil. Allow it to melt and spread.
Cook the Pancakes
- For each pancake, ladle 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot pan or griddle.
- Cook until bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake and its edges look set (about 2-3 minutes).
- Using a spatula, flip the pancake and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve pancakes warm with your choice of toppings, such as maple syrup, fresh fruits, whipped cream, or butter.
- If you want to add flavors or ingredients like blueberries, chocolate chips, or nuts, sprinkle them onto the pancake right after you ladle the batter onto the pan.
- Keeping the cooked pancakes warm: If you're making a large batch and want to keep the first ones warm while you cook the rest, place them in a single layer on a baking sheet in a 200°F (93°C) oven.
- For even fluffier pancakes, you can separate the egg. Add the yolk to the wet ingredients as directed, then beat the white until it forms soft peaks and fold it into the batter at the end.
So if you were wondering how to make pancakes, now you know! Your homemade pancakes will be delicious!
- How to bake a cake
- How to make pizza
- How to cook rice
- How to boil eggs
- What should I eat today
- How to make lasagna
- How to make scrambled eggs
- How to meditate
- How to write a cover letter
- What to do on a first date
- What is the meaning of life
- How to get a passport
- Mind Balance Free Education Platform
- How to become more communicative
- How to become more stress tolerant
- How to become more courageous
- How to become more analytical
- Unlocking Happiness and Success- Effective Positive Thinking Techniques
- Building a Positive Attitude - Strategies for a Happier and More Fulfilling Life
- Overcoming Negative Thoughts - Strategies for a Positive Mindset
- Boosting Self-Confidence and Self-Esteem - Your Path to Empowerment
- Stress Management Strategies-Your Roadmap to a Calmer and Healthier Life
- Mind Balance - for those who dare to redefine their limits
- Teenagers are rushing to MindBalance rather than wasting time on TikTok
- 50 ways to be more like Jesus in everyday life
- Take the Wheel-Navigating Life Beyond the Screen
- Three Sentences from a Billionaire That Changed My Life and Made Me Millions