How to Find a Good Plumber
What would you do if all of a sudden, a pipe burst and water was spilling all over your nice wood floors? Do you know who to call? Or, would you just pick a random name out of the phone book? The fact is not all plumbers are the same; some are fair and do great quality work, while others do poor quality work and charge a lot. The answer in finding a good plumber is to search in advance.
But, where to look? Sure, you can ask your friends for plumber referrals, or use a plumber that you had a good experience with before. But, if both of those fail, you can always use an online direct like SmartGuy.com. Regardless, it is important to know the different types of plumbers and what each type of work each plumber does.
First, there is the smaller scale plumber who handles basic fixes and repairs, many times in emergency circumstances. Next, there is the larger scale plumbers who focuses in remodeling projects and additions
The smaller scale plumber. The local smaller scale plumber handles everyday problems that arise: a leaky faucet, a clogged drain, a stopped up toilet, etc. Sure you can try and fix some of the problems yourself, but you have to know when to call in a professional. For example, you might know how to fix a problem, but by the time you buy the tools and supplies to do it, it will cost you more than just calling the local plumber. Ask yourself, do you know how hard you can tighten PVC pipe before it cracks? Probably not. It takes time to master. Not knowing can turn an inexpensive repair into a flood of problems.
The larger scale plumber. When adding a room addition or other larger job, it is best to hire a plumber who is very experienced at larger jobs. They will not only know what to do, but have the specialized tools, experience working with city building inspectors and have a team to assist them. Often, when adding a room, timing is critical. It is important that a plumber gets in and out of your job quickly so as not to hold others back.
Secure a few estimates. Seek a written detailed estimate from each of the plumbers you consider. The plumbing estimate should include a summary of labor, material costs, the specific brand of materials, and details of the scope of the job. If it is a small job, this isn't as important. However, if it is a big job, there is a big difference in materials used. If they are say they use the best parts and materials, make sure they do.
Look into references and past jobs. Again, if this is a small job, this isn't as iportant. Yet, it is always a good idea to ask them for a list of past clients. If it is a room addition of larger job, you might want to even ask them for references of a few jobs they did five years earlier to see how their plumbing is holding up.
Check out the online reviews. Before hiring any plumber, look and see if they have a BBB rating or SmartGuy rating. You can also enter the plumber's name followed by the words “rip off” or “scam” and see if anything comes up. You might also find some information on their company at your state’s Contractors License Reference Site.
Request a detailed contract. Make sure everything that ithe plumber discusses pertaining to job is in writing. The contract needs to include all the plumber's information, including: name, address, office and cell numbers, and license number, plus whatever details were in the estimate. It is important that the contract clearly states what is and is not included in the job.
Finally, always ask them what is the guarantee and make sure they are carrying a current workers' compensation policy and a minimum amount of liability insurance to cover the job they are working on. When trying to find out how to find a good plumber, it is best to do your research in advance.
- What is the cost to repair a leaky faucet
- Install a garbage disposal cost to install or replace
- What is a Master Plumber
- Frozen Pipes A Homeowners Winter Nightmare
- Common plumbing faqs problems and solutions
- How Much Should I Pay a Plumber What Do They Cost
- Repipes and Replumbs Best Residential Service for Homes
- How To Find A Good Plumber For Every Situation
- Gas Leak Repair
- Toilet Repair Basics For First Time Homeowners
- Plumber Salary and Employment Outlook Information
- How to Find the Cheapest Plumber
- SmartGuy Tops 50,000 in Global Internet Engagement
- SmartGuy Gives Away Money LIVE Online Weekly
- How Businesses Rank High on Google INSTANTLY
- SmartGuy Now Surpasses 145,000 Businesses
- SmartGuy Now Manages 20,000 City Business Networks
- SmartGuy® Completes New Platform
- Surgery Cost and Recovery Time
- Asbestos Siding Removal - How to do It?
- How to Find a Great Kitchen Remodeler
- Home Plumbing Tips and Tricks
- The Best Trucks on the Road
- Affordable Brazilian Blowout - Extensions and Hair Bundles
- Light Colored Roofs - Will They Keep the House Cooler
- How a Cardiologist Training is Important
- Medical Billing A Promising Healthcare Business
- Personal Counseling Services
- Shingle Types and Quality Find Out Which is Best
- How to Find the Best Social Media Consultants to Help Build Your Business
- How to Heat a Commercial Property or Home | Best Way to do it
- Find High Quality Sunglasses
- Who controls the Bitcoin network
- How does one acquire bitcoins
- How Difficult is it to Make a Bitcoin Payment
- What are the Advantages of Bitcoin
- What is a Good Business Opportunity
- Best Business Networks Near Me