Hiring a Qualified Plumber for your Plumbing Needs
Hiring a qualified plumber for your plumbing needs can end up being a wonderful experience or a nightmare. It is important to have a basic understanding of what to look out for. After all, how do you choose the right plumbing service company or contractor? Sure, you can choose a randon name out of the phone book, but how long have they been in business? What about testimonials? Are they insured? Here are a few things to think about to help point you in the right direction.
- Use Referrals. It is always good to begin by talking with family friends and neighbors. Ask them who they recommend and if they would use them again.
- Ask about Prices. Keep in mind though that the cheapest company isn't always the best. Ask about regular rates and if there are any other service charges, like dispatch fees & after hours fees.
- Ask About their Experience. How long have they been in business? How many times have they done what you need, for example installing a water heater, installing air conditioning, clearing our drains, etc. A competent service contractor that focuses on repairs & emergencies may not be qualified to put an addition onto your home, and vice versa.
- Find out if they are Licensed, Insured, and State-Certified. It is a good idea to call and check if their license and certification are current & in good standing. Also, be sure to verify they have liability insurance and have workman's compensation. This will help protect you and your home.
- Ask About Getting a Written Estimate. States like California, for example, protects consumers from being charged a certain percentage above a written estimate without signed consent. Getting a written estimate will help ensure you won’t be surprised with a huge bill at the end of the job.
- Ask for References. A good plumbing service provider wants you to know and see his work experience. Be sure to ask for and call references, asking if they were satisfied with the workmanship, price, and if there were any communication problems.
- Check them out on the Internet. Take a few minutes to look at their website, read some of their testimonials. Are they members of the Better Business Bureau? Check a few of the local review sites: SmartGuy.com Yelp, Yahoo Local, Insider pages, Angie’s list
While there is no guarantee you will be completely satisfied with your plumbing job, asking these simple questions will help you in finding a qualified plumber to assist you with your plumbing needs, whether it’s emergency plumbing services, small plumbing repairs, or a major plumbing remodel to your existing home. You'll will save money, time and headaches that can happen when you hire an unqualified plumbing contractor. Hope this Helps!
Category: Const - Plumbing
- What To Do When Your Sink Drains Slowly
- How to Fix a Faucet Drip
- The Art of Choosing the Best Plumber
- Selecting A The Plumber That Is Right For The Job
- Plumbing Faucets
- Repairing And Maintaining A Water Heater Yourself
- Hiring a Plumber for Home Renovation Projects
- Home Plumbing Tips and Tricks
- Common Plumbing Problems You Can Fix Yourself
- How to cure a hangover
- How to make pancakes
- How to get rid of acne
- How to train a dog
- What is love
- How to make slime
- How to write a cover letter
- How to make pizza
- How much water should I drink daily
- What is my zodiac sign
- How to kiss
- How to make friends
- What to do on a first date
- How to grow hair faster
- How to create an app
- What is the meaning of life
- How to get a passport
- How to make scrambled eggs
- How to make lasagna
- How to get more followers on Instagram