DIY Tips for Perfect Painting
If you have undertaken a Do-It-Yourself home remodeling project, you will find that painting is perhaps one of the easiest things to do in it!
Even if a paint job goes wrong, the maximum that is on stake is your pride! With such low risk involved, painting is the one aspect of home remodeling that you can do on your own and save cost. The only requisites of a good paint job are your time and patience, along with a lot of preparation.
If you plan everything in advance that you will need: the tools, the colors, the type of surface-care required, as well as the time of the year when you want to set this project into motion, it will all be a "smooth sailing" for you!
So the first step is to create a plan and a shopping-list to go with it!
Painting doesn't just mean buying some brushes and paint and hitting the word "go!" As mentioned above there are a lot of preparatory steps involved before you actually get to pick up the brush!
You need to first clean the existing surface of any grime, oil or smoke that will prevent the new coat of paint from sticking on. This means that you might need to add some cleaning solutions to your shopping list, along with a sponge-head floor-mop.
Once the surface is clean and dry, you'll have to even it out and fill up all the holes and cracks, followed by a vigorous sanding - because the light reflections on a fresh coat of paint can easily catch and highlight any such blemishes on the surface.
If it is not possible to smooth out all such blemishes, then you can use a flat paint (instead of the high-gloss kind) which will reduce any reflections.
You will also need some masking tape to cover those areas which you don't want painted, like trims, glass edges and the edges where walls meet the ceiling or where two walls meet which have to be colored differently. Include some plastic sheets or masking paper as well, to cover those items of furniture in the room that cannot be moved.
Once the surfaces have been prepared, you can start with the actual painting. Use synthetic bristles with latex paint and natural ones with oil-based paints. Applying a coat of primer first, followed by two coats of paint can give a long-lasting result and a good finish.
Lastly, you need to ensure that you start this painting work when the temperature is between 55-90 degrees. If it's less than 55 degrees, the paint with not adhere to the surface; if it is more than 90 degrees, it won't apply smoothly.
- Are You Painting The House Correctly
- How Paint Jobs Improve The Look Of Your Older Car
- Interior Painters How To Find The Best Interior House Painter
- You Dont Need a Painting Contractor to Paint the Kids Room
- Painting Masonry - Learn Master Strokes
- Paint Your Home In The Right Colors - Heres How
- Painting contractors The People With Excellent Coverage
- House Painting Do it Yourself Tips for Interior and Exterior
- Essential Information For Interior Painting
- Price for Painting Homes and Businesses Whats the Cost
- Finding the Best Painters Reviews Count
- Proper Power Washing for Painting Preparation
- SmartGuy Gives Away Money LIVE Online Weekly
- SmartGuy® Completes New Platform
- How Businesses Rank High on Google INSTANTLY
- SmartGuy Tops 50,000 in Global Internet Engagement
- SmartGuy Now Surpasses 145,000 Businesses
- SmartGuy Now Manages 20,000 City Business Networks
- How to Be a Top Mortgage Executive
- How to Find a Physician Assistant Position
- How Can You Learn Cake Decorating?
- What An ENT Specialist Can Do For You
- What the Real Cost of a DUI
- Getting an Accounting Degree - Who to Call
- Finding Best 3 Day Car Insurance
- Finding the Best Traffic School - Who is it
- Slab Leak Detection Cost and Equipment
- What Is The Best Roof To Install On Your Home
- Find Best Hard Money Loans - Bad Credit Rates
- Finding the Best Property Surveyor
- Baume and Mercier Watches Reviews Prices for Sale Men Women
- Live in a Tree Treehouses for Adults
- How to Find a good Real Estate Agent
- Best Business Opportunities in 2019
- Common Questions to Ask When Looking For a Good Doctor
- Installing Wood Flooring Over Concrete How to Do It Right
- How to Get Rid Of Gnats around Your Home
- How to Choose the Best Jewelry Designer