7 Ways to Connect and Get Noticed on LinkedIn
Looking for ways to connect and get noticed on LinkedIn? You should. After all, LinkedIn is a major social networking site designed specifically for the business community. The goal of the site is to help allow registered members to establish and document networks of people they know and trust professionally. But if you think spending hours and hours typing feverishly on your keyboard in hopes of generating new clients is the key, stop! Spamming messages to those you know is a waste of time!
There are proper ways to connect and get noticed on LinkedIn, but spamming is not one. Instead spend some time to properly complete your LinkedIn profile and connect with others in a professionally way. After all, they are not meeting you personally. Their entire impression of you will be based first on your profile and then the things you say. Not just what you say to them, but comments you have made to others as LinkedIn tacks messages.
So let's begin with a few things:
Fill in a complete profile
The most obvious but also most overlooked tip. In order for your profile to work its magic on LinkedIn, it needs to be complete. That means, don’t leave any section incomplete or you will be missing out on good opportunities. A complete profile starts with a strong introduction. It includes a list of your specialties with the right keywords. Don’t forget to make a list of the jobs you have done, institutions you have attended, and associations you are a part of. A complete profile is the surest way to high visibility!
Endorse connections but smartly
Do you know person A as LinkedIn suggests you do? A few clicks and they are now one of your connections. Now, you know them to be an expert in fiscal year budgeting and internal auditing because you two have worked together. However, you have no clue if they are good for the other skills they have added to their profile. It is completely okay for you to endorse them for something you have seen them display an expertise for. The other skills and specialties? Don’t endorse them because it is akin to vouching for you know they can do it. It might never come up, but don’t take a chance because it could hurt your credibility in the eyes of the recruiters.
Send personalized connection requests
When LinkedIn suggests people that you might know, don’t send them the generic request. Instead, change the message that goes with the request to connect before clicking on the blue outlined "connect" button. View their profile and write down a personal note to include with your connection request. If you already know them, you can add something about why you are reaching out to them. You might not yet know them, but are adding them because they work in a similar role as you do. Then let them know you’d like to connect to hear their perspective about the job etc.
While there is many more things you can so, these are a few ways to connect and get noticed on LinkedIn. It will also help increase your visibility to hiring managers, but also form genuine connections with others. It is all about getting people’s attention and keeping their interest. So, don’t waste time getting your friends and family endorse you just to up the number on LinkedIn. Instead, follow this advice to complete LinkedIn success!
Category: Internet Marketing Services
- Email Marketing How to Do It Effectively
- Best Digital Marketing Program For Students 2019
- Best Way to Use Social Media for Business
- Press Releases to Improve Website Traffic
- Best Free Ways to Get More Views Followers and Traffic to your Site
- How to Become a Social Media Consultant
- Cultivating Resilience and Mental Toughness - Keys to Thriving Amidst Lifes Challenges
- 50 positive affirmations to be read every day
- Teenagers are rushing to MindBalance rather than wasting time on TikTok
- Mind Matters- The Chiropractic Approach to Personal Growth
- Mind Balance - A Comprehensive Solution for Navigating Modern Mental Health Challenges
- The SmartGuy plan to Fostering Unity in a Multi-faith Society
- The Imperative of Unity - Why SmartGuy and Coexistence is Key to Global Survival
- Universal Pursuit of Happiness - Wisdom from World Religions
- Illuminating the Path - Overcoming Ignorance and Misunderstanding in World Religions
- Bridging Beliefs - Finding Common Ground in Love and Respect
- The SmartGuy Vision - A United Future Through Interfaith Love and Respect
- A Cautionary Vision - The Grim Future of a Divided World Without Love and Balance
- Balancing Act - How Understanding Personalities Could Unlock World Peace
- Understanding Judaism - A Comprehensive Overview of Beliefs Practices and Cultural Impact
- A Universal Prayer for Peace and Understanding Embracing Diverse Faiths
- Preparing Kids for Adulthood - 15 Vital Skills They Wont Learn in School
- How Mind Balance Empowers You Against Misinformation
- Jerusalem's Lesson - A Blueprint for Global Harmony Among Diverse Faiths
- Clearing Mental Plaque: The Path to Enhanced Communication and Divine Connection
- Living the Teachings of Jesus - 100 Lessons for a Compassionate and Faithful Life