Nails and Vitamins Flacking and Breaking
There is a strong connection between nails and vitamins. Your nails rely on vitamins to remain healthy. These include vitamin A, B-complex, D, E and C. In addition, minerals such as iron, iodine, Zinc and calcium are crucial towards having healthy nails. Nails that shine and don't have any blemishes are indications that you are eating a healthy diet. On the other hand, weak, dull and brittle nails signal a deficiency of vitamins. People judge good health by the way you look from outside. Unfortunately, you cannot hide your nails from public view.
Dry nails peel and break easily. If you notice that on your nails, it shows that you are lacking vitamins C and D. It is also an indication that your body is lacking vitamin B or the following nutrients: selenium, copper, iodine, silicon, iron or zinc. For fragile nails the missing dietary requirement is protein and vitamin B. There is also another nutrient deficiency mark which is that of a moon shaped white mark at the base of your nails. The mineral lacking in this case is zinc or iron. Horizontal or vertical ridges are a sign of iron deficiency plus B range of vitamins.
As you can see, nails and vitamins are inseparable. For people on antibiotics, you can develop fungus under the nails. It shows that your body has been deprived of nail friendly bacteria. You can help deal with this by eating foods rich in vitamin B. Another option is to supplement the food and nutrients. There are a number of vitamin supplements available. Ideally, you should first seek the indulgence of a medic before buying any of these supplements. The most inexpensive way is to always ensure that the food you eat is well balanced. In addition to fruits, cereals and vegetables, take lots of water too. At least do 8 glasses a day. Water flushes out harmful toxins from the body.
Lack of vitamin A results in the body failing to process or absorb protein. Similarly, without vitamin D, your body cannot assimilate calcium. Therefore, vitamins are of paramount importance in nail care. That is why you need to eat well all the time. The body also requires plenty of rest in order for these processes to take place. Make sure you sleep well every day. Doctors recommend an average of 8 hours uninterrupted sleep. Proper sleep also keeps you alert and your mind remains fresh all day long. As you look after your nails, the rest of the body stands to benefit too.
Some of the foods you can eat to maintain a good nails and vitamins relationship include fruits, vegetables, whole grains, fish, eggs, nuts and seeds. All these food types contain important vitamins as well as nutrients that are critical to the well-being of your nails. Examples of fruits or vegetables you can include in your diet are: apples, avocado, grapes, cucumber, onions, garlic, sweet potatoes and leafy vegetables.
As mentioned earlier, you can also supplement your dietary requirements. Look for multivitamins with the right balance of nutrients for good and healthy nails. The market is awash with a range of formulas that are made specifically for keeping your nails healthy. They contain correct proportions of the main vitamins needed. Don't rely so much on supplements to an extent of letting up on a healthy diet. Eat well and supplement sparingly. The way you eat will be reflected through gleaming and strong nails that your friends will envy.
Avoid subjecting your nails to harsh treatment such as using them to scrap off bits of food from surfaces or keeping them in water for too long when washing clothes or utensils.
Category: Nail Salons
- How to meditate
- How to write a cover letter
- What to do on a first date
- What is the meaning of life
- How to get a passport
- Mind Balance Free Education Platform
- How to become more communicative
- How to become more stress tolerant
- How to become more courageous
- How to become more analytical
- Unlocking Happiness and Success- Effective Positive Thinking Techniques
- Building a Positive Attitude - Strategies for a Happier and More Fulfilling Life
- Overcoming Negative Thoughts - Strategies for a Positive Mindset
- Boosting Self-Confidence and Self-Esteem - Your Path to Empowerment
- Stress Management Strategies-Your Roadmap to a Calmer and Healthier Life
- Mind Balance - for those who dare to redefine their limits
- Teenagers are rushing to MindBalance rather than wasting time on TikTok
- 50 ways to be more like Jesus in everyday life
- Take the Wheel-Navigating Life Beyond the Screen
- Three Sentences from a Billionaire That Changed My Life and Made Me Millions