If my roof leaks do I need a whole new roof
One of the most common questions people ask roofers is, If my roof leaks do I need a whole new roof? A roof leak may seem to be a major problem at times. Although there are several preventive measures that can be taken, a roof leak may occur at the most unexpected of times. There are a number of reasons why this might happen, it can be a pipe that has blown off or just an old leak that has matured. At this point, you might be worried whether you will have to replace your entire roof or not.
Many people do not consider a roof replacement as something that will actually save you money especially if it is a simple roof leak. But here, the truth is that is that when a roof has reached its life expectancy, it usually proves to be more beneficial to replace the roof instead to patching it up or simply replacing it. The issue is that many homeowners are unaware of the option to change the entire roof when it comes to roof repair.
Signs You Need A New Roof
We have created a list for you here so that you can look out for certain signs that you need a roof replacement.
The Age of Your Roof
According to the experts, an asphalt roof which is one of the most common types of roofing has a lifetime of around 20 to 25 years. Although, it really depends on the type of material used in the roofing. There are several various kinds of materials, but the theory remains the same. In case you have a roof that is older than its life expectancy, and you start to see signs of wear and tear, it is a clear indication that there is a need for a roof replacement. Remember that if you routinely maintain your roof, and get inspections done on a regular basis, it is highly like that you will be able to increase the life expectancy of your roof.
Your Shingles Aren’t Looking Too Hot
Shingles are the most popular items used to cover roofs. However, they are not immune to damages that may occur with time or due to extended exposure to severe weather conditions. Signs that it is time to replace your roof is mostly when shingles show the slightest signs of clawing or curling, when there are missing shingles or when you see cracks appearing. If you simply replace your shingles, you will have an uneven roof, and this can make your house and roof subject to damage from leakages. So in case you have a leak in your roof, it is a wiser decision to change the entire roof then to simply replace the damaged or missing shingles.
The Entire Roof is sagging
This is a very serious sign and a sign that you need to consider replacement urgently. A sagging roof is a clear indication that there may be a structural issue with the roof; either that there is a problem related to decking or rotting in the trusses and the supports of the foundations of the roof. Either way, it is a clear indication that it is time for you to consult roofing contracting.
Flushing Your Flashing down the Drain?
The flashing is a part of the roof that surrounds skylights, chimneys and vents, and it is highly necessary to prevent water from seeping in these places. Watch out for breaks or cracks in the flashing that can lead to damage to underlying structures. This might require further investigation and possibly a redoing of the whole roof.
Category: Roofing Contractors
- Should Someone Mix Old Roof Shingles With the New Ones
- How To Choose The Best Roofer
- Commercial Building Roof Leaks and Repairs - Replacement Costs 2
- This is when you need to replace your roof
- When to Replace Your Flat Roof
- Information on the Roof System for Your House
- Choosing a quality roofing contractor How to do it
- Your Guide to Find the Best Roofers and What you Need to Ask Them
- How long do roofs last How to save money
- What Is The Cheapest Roof To Install
- Roof Repair Contractors Finding the Best
- Install a new roof what will it cost installation vs repair
- Best Roofers near me Roofing Materials explained
- Hiring the Best Roofing Contractors for You
- How much roofing do I need how to find out
- SmartGuy Tops 50,000 in Global Internet Engagement
- SmartGuy Now Surpasses 145,000 Businesses
- SmartGuy®️ introduces Free Phone App
- SmartGuy Now Manages 20,000 City Business Networks
- How Businesses Rank High on Google INSTANTLY
- SmartGuy® Completes New Platform
- Thai Massage For Stress Reduction And Improved Circulation
- Do Tankless Water Heaters Save Money
- Instructions for Building a Chimney - What to Know
- Nicotine Cravings - How Long Do They Last
- Building a Garage - Where to Start
- How to Find Custom Furniture
- Photographers for Those Special Occasions
- Property Management as a Small Business
- Options for a Mortgage Broker
- 2 For 1 Luxury Cruise Deals
- How to Find the Best Reception Halls for Your Special Day
- Find a Good Dentist Near Me
- List of the Most Popular Hyundai Cars
- How Often Should a Dog or Cat be Vaccinated
- Are Electricians Expensive What do They Charge Per Hour
- Free Online Education Courses Grow your Small Business
- Best Tire Shops Near Me Prices and Selection
- Find High Quality Sunglasses
- How does one acquire bitcoins
- How to Choose the Best Jewelry Designer