Best Fencing Wood vs Chain Link
When it comes to choosing the best fencing many people are torn between wood vs. chain link. This is because these two types of fences have been used for many years in different parts of the world. However, comparing wood and chain link fence makes it easier for you to make an informed choice of the fence to install in your property. The most important thing to consider before choosing the fence to install in your property is the purpose that you want the fence to play. For instance, if you want increased privacy, then wood fence is the best option for you. If you want a reasonably priced fencing option, then chain link fence beats wood fence.
Although both wood and chain link fences are suitable for fencing a property, one of them might be suitable for you and unsuitable for another property owner. There are several factors that you should consider before making your final decision when it comes to choosing between these two types of fences. These include the following:
The materials that you choose to use in the installation of a chain link fence are tied to market value of the raw materials. As such, the choice of a chain link fence should be dictated by several factors including current price of stainless steel. On average, chain link costs 7 dollars per square foot. This implies that by this price a 500 linear foot costs about 3500 dollars. On the other hand, wood fence costs almost double or even more than this price when you use pressure-treated wood material such as cedar. Lumber solution costs about 17 dollars per foot.
Before making your decision, it is important to consider the additional expenses. For instance, after installing a wood fence you may want to aesthetic to the fence. This implies that you will need paint or stain for the raw material. This will add your expenses because you will purchase the paint or stain and pay for the project. Therefore, consider the overall cost of the two fences before making your choice.
When it comes to installation of the fence, chain link is not bulky and this makes it easier to install. It also does not have much preparation work before installation. Chain link fence is also capable of installing with ease at places with varying terrain unlike wood fence that will require modification of the material or the terrain to install. Therefore, consider the terrain of the area that you want to fence before choosing the fence to install.
It is also important to consider post-installation issues of both wood and chain link fences. While termites can eat wood, they cannot eat the stainless steel of a chain link fence. As such, a wood fence has to deal with termites’ problem. In addition, in the event of harsh weather conditions, wood fence bears more burden that chain link fence since chain link fence is not more of a solid object like wood fence.
The main advantage of a wood fence is privacy that it allows the property owner. On the other hand, chain link fence is almost invisible when installed in the shrubs or when outfitted with lattice or fabrics panels.
Wood fence requires more maintenance starting with the initial lumber treatment which requires investment of money and time. Even after installation, checking and maintaining a wood fence will save you from the cost of major alterations. Chain link, on the other hand is extremely low maintenance especially the chain link vinyl fabric material.
A good fence adds beauty, value, privacy and security to a property. However, it is important to choose the best fencing by choosing wisely between wood and chain link fences.
Category: Fence - Sales, Service & Contractors
- SmartGuy® Completes New Platform
- SmartGuy Now Surpasses 145,000 Businesses
- SmartGuy Tops 50,000 in Global Internet Engagement
- SmartGuy Gives Away Money LIVE Online Weekly
- SmartGuy Now Manages 20,000 City Business Networks
- Finding the Best Locksmith How to Choose
- What is The Difference Between 1080i And 1080p on TVs
- How Working Overseas Benefits your Career
- How to Find a Good Auto Body Shop
- Body Language When Networking for a job
- Are Electricians Expensive What do They Charge Per Hour
- How Much Should I Pay a Plumber What Do They Cost
- Concrete countertops how much to install
- Ways to Avoid Laminate Flooring Mistakes by Installing it Right
- Find the Best Steak Restaurant Near me How to Choose
- Best Small Business Bloggers and Influencers
- How does one acquire bitcoins
- How Difficult is it to Make a Bitcoin Payment
- What are the Advantages of Bitcoin
- How to Find a Good Business Opportunity
- Grow your SmartGuy City Business Network by 50-100 Businesses in the Next 60 Days
- Why are Youth Programs Important
- What is a Youth Development Program
- Who Is Ron DeSantis and his Political Positions
- A Mans Desperate Attempt to Improve Mankind and Counter the Inevitability of Mans Demise