Why Do Gutters Have to Be Routinely Cleaned
Ever ask why do gutters have to be routinely cleaned? Homes with 1,500-square-foot roof shed 1,000 gallons of water for every inch of falling rain. To prevent water from penetrating your home or damaging the foundation, it is essential that this water is gathered and channeled away from your home. Gutters and leaders serve just that purpose. However, even a handful of debris prevents your gutters from working!
The best gutter contracting experts are certified to handle all types of gutter repairs, including
- Re-nailing loose gutters
- Re-strapping loose leaders
- Replacing damaged and split leaders
- Inspecting your gutter system for pitch problems
- Inspecting your miters for leaks in the joints
- Inspecting your underground drain system for clogs and more
All existing gutters are removed and disposed. Existing damaged fascia (which is the wood board behind the gutter) is replaced. All work is guaranteed. Sample terms-twenty years on the material and one year on the workmanship, so long as the system is properly maintained with regular gutter cleaning.
Companies have tried to market everything imaginable to achieve the goal of never cleaning your gutter. They come in the form of gutter guards, screens, helmets, covers, shields, shells, louvers, gloves, sponges, brushes, and one company created a gutter cleaning robot.
Why do these gutter guard systems fail? Debris always finds a way into the system. Additionally, in heavy rains, the water will simply pour right over the top of the gutter. Small leaves, twigs and other debris accumulate on your roof every single day.
When it rains, the gutters will overflow, and your home and basement remain exposed to thousands of gallons of water pooling around your foundation. The wood behind the gutter will begin to rot, the gutters themselves will go “off pitch” (meaning they will have lost their angle and they will actually hold water), and your “100% guaranteed” no-clog gutter guards will end up damaging your home.
It is recommended you do not use Gutter Guards. Leave your gutters open and clean them on a regular schedule
While screens will prevent some large debris from entering the home, small debris will always find its way into your gutters. That small debris will accumulate over time, leading to clogged and damaged gutters, eventually harming your home. So, if you plan to continue cleaning your gutters on a regular basis, and simply want screens to prevent penetration of large debris.
Importance of Gutter Maintenance
Gutters that are neglected will carry heavy debris which has accumulated over time, in addition to standing water. That debris and water can weigh as much as 370 pounds, and can damage the angle of the gutter (known as the gutter’s ‘pitch’). If that pitch is lost due to excess weight, standing water can back up into the home or overflow into the home’s foundation, possibly flooding your basement, which is why clearing your gutters is so important.
Category: Contractors - Gutters
- SmartGuy Now Surpasses 145,000 Businesses
- SmartGuy® Completes New Platform
- How Businesses Rank High on Google INSTANTLY
- SmartGuy Tops 50,000 in Global Internet Engagement
- SmartGuy Now Manages 20,000 City Business Networks
- SmartGuy®️ introduces Free Phone App
- A Mans Desperate Attempt to Improve Mankind and Counter the Inevitability of Mans Demise
- Benefits of Humanoid Robots like Optimus
- Risks of Artificial Intelligence
- What is Theory of Mind
- What are the Common Uses and Applications of AI
- What are Intelligent Agents and How are They Used in AI
- What is Deep Learning and How Does It Relate to AI
- Why is Image Recognition a Key Function of AI
- What are Constraint Satisfaction Problems
- What is Supervised Versus Unsupervised Learning in AI
- How Does the Strong AI Differ From the Weak AI
- How Many Different Kinds of Agents Exist in Artificial Intelligence
- What is Artificial Intelligence
- What is the Future of Artificial Intelligence
- What are the Types of Artificial Intelligence
- Which Assessment is Used to Test the Intelligence of a Machine
- If you are starting a new business how Will you use AI to promote your business
- How Do Face Detection Systems Work
- Advanced AI risks to humanity
- Can AI Data be Manipulated by Others