What are the Advantages of Bitcoin
Want to know what what are the advantages of Bitcoin? Here are a few.
- Payment freedom - Did you know that It is possible to send and receive bitcoins anywhere in the world at any time? Think about it... no bank holidays. No borders. No bureaucracy. Bitcoin allows its users to be in full control of their money.
- Choose your own fees - Typically, there is no fee to receive bitcoins, and many wallets will let you control how large a fee to pay when spending. Higher fees can encourage faster confirmation of your transactions. Fees are unrelated to the amount transferred, so it's possible to actually send 100,000 bitcoins for the same fee it costs to send 1 bitcoin. Additionally, merchant processors often exist to assist merchants in processing transactions, converting bitcoins to fiat currency and depositing funds directly into merchants' bank accounts daily. As these services are based on Bitcoin, they can be often be offered for much lower fees than with PayPal or credit card networks.
- Fewer risks for merchants - Bitcoin transactions are secure, irreversible, and do not contain customers’ sensitive or personal information. This protects merchants from losses caused by fraud or fraudulent chargebacks, and there is currently no need for PCI compliance. Merchants can easily expand to new markets where either credit cards are not available or fraud rates are unacceptably high. The net results are lower fees, larger markets, and fewer administrative costs.
- Security and control - Bitcoin users are in full control of their transactions; it is impossible for merchants to force unwanted or unnoticed charges as can happen with other payment methods. Bitcoin payments can be made without personal information tied to the transaction. This offers strong protection against identity theft. Bitcoin users can also protect their money with backup and encryption.
- Transparent and neutral - All information concerning the Bitcoin money supply itself is readily available on the block chain for anybody to verify and use in real-time. No individual or organization can control or manipulate the Bitcoin protocol because it is cryptographically secure. This allows the core of Bitcoin to be trusted for being completely neutral, transparent and predictable.