Wallpaper Removal Easy As 1-2-3
When you hear wallpaper removal, is your first thought impending drudgery? Don't fret. Planning and knowing whats involved makes the process easy for the beginner and established do it yourself. The first stop in planning the removal is a little homework. Research YouTube and remodeling websites to get a firm grasp on whats involved. They provide an abundance of wallpaper removal tips and instructions. These resources help you with the pricing, the wallpaper removal materials needed and the step-by-step guides to complete the project.
Doing the removal yourself can cost from a few dollars up to $50, so make a budget to manage expenses. Next, put a plan together to organize the project. Wallpaper removal materials include drop cloths, wallpaper scoring tool, removal solvent, water, bucket, putty knife, sponges, step ladder and dish detergent. Again, websites, YouTube, and your local do-it-yourself store can provide a wealth of wallpaper removal tips.
Now you're ready to begin. First, prepare the room by using drop cloths to protect floors and carpets. Make sure to turn off all electricity and pull switch plates, outlet covers and any hardware you don't want to get wet. Then using the scoring tool, score the walls.
The second step is soaking the wallpaper. The scoring tool made tiny holes in the paper. This helps the solvent get into the wallpaper. You can get wallpaper solvent or make a solution of fabric softener and water. Remodeling websites recommend working the paper in 15-minute increments. Generously soak the wallpaper with removal solvent and let set.
After a few minutes, lift the paper at a corner and pull upwards. Using a putty knife speeds the process. Remember soak enough to remove the paper in 15 minutes. Then its a matter of repeating the process until all the wallpaper is removed.
As an alternative to the removal solvent, you can also use a steamer. This is also a green wallpaper removal method. Steamer rentals are inexpensive. You apply the steam after scoring the wall. Hold the steamer to the wall to loosen the glue. Once loosened, use the putty knife to help scrape away the glue and paper. Keep in mind the more you steam, the less scraping will be needed.
Another green wallpaper removal method is to make your own solvent. Combine a 50/50 solution of vinegar or a green fabric softener and water in a spray bottle. Both homemade solutions are inexpensive to make. Adjust the solution if needed to make the solvent work faster on the paper. Simply substitute your choice of home solution for the solvent and continue the steps as shown above.
The third and final step is to clean the walls. Remodeling websites recommend a tablespoon of dish detergent in very hot water to clean the walls. After cleaning, patch and repair walls as needed. Now your walls are ready for their new look.
If you're still put off by the process, consider wallpaper removal services. Professional wallpaper removal services handle residential and commercial needs. Usually services that hang wallpaper can also remove wallpaper. Check with your installer or interior designer for referrals. Your local remodeling store or do-it-yourself websites are another resource. Customer referral sites like Craigs List and Angies List provide pricing and recommendations along with local wallpaper removal services.
Once wallpaper is removed. You have a number of choices for new treatments, including new wallpaper. Keep in mind new wallpaper requires upkeep. Check manufacturers instructions and use their recommendations. Also, consider painting and wall treatments like wainscoting. Visiting your favorite renovation supplier or designer is a great place to start gathering ideas. Remodeling websites also provide great style ideas.
Remember, all wall paper may need to be replaced due to the latest styles and changing tastes. If you need to plan a wallpaper removal, you have the steps in hand.
Category: Const - Wallpaper
- SmartGuy Now Manages 20,000 City Business Networks
- SmartGuy®️ introduces Free Phone App
- SmartGuy® Completes New Platform
- SmartGuy Tops 50,000 in Global Internet Engagement
- SmartGuy Now Surpasses 145,000 Businesses
- How Businesses Rank High on Google INSTANTLY
- Removing Scratches and Stains from Wood Flooring
- Find the Best Janitorial Cleaning - Commercial and Office
- How to Find a Good Plumber
- Whats the best color for a car or truck
- What A Boiler Service Does
- Buying Furs Does Not Have To Be Intimidating
- How Much Does Lawn Treatment Cost
- What Is The Best Roof To Install On Your Home
- What Are Top Administrative Executive Duties and Responsibilities
- What Are Top Investment Executive Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Finding the Best Health Clubs - How they Compare
- Which Alcohol has the Fewest Calories - Healthiest
- Kitchen Food Pantry a Great Place to Store Items
- What is a Square Meter Conversions
- Finding the Best Refrigerator Repairmen Are Reviews Important
- Refrigerator Repair Service Choose the Best for your Appliances
- What is The Difference Between 1080i And 1080p on TVs
- Best Adventure Trekking Company Holidays in Nepal
- How Long Does Reglazing a Tub Last and How Does it Work
- Medical Tourism Information and Where to go