Root Canal Treatment A Pain But A Big Relief
Root canal treatment is probably the most feared of all dental procedures, and with good reason: it usually takes a while and it usually hurts for a while afterwards. Dental root canal treatment is one of the least pleasant aspects of dentistry, both for patient and dentist, since it involves the actual removal of gum and root matter, a surgical procedure, done in the dentists office, which lasts several hours in some cases. However, unlike the old wives tales and newer stereotypes, the root canal usually does not hurt the patient during the actual procedure.
So, when anyone says something like, agreeing with my wife is my second favorite thing; my first favorite is a root canal, you might remind him that the second favorite is probably more painful than the first.
What is root canal treatment? Its the removal of the pulp tissue beneath a tooth, tissue that has become contaminated with a microbe infection that will not respond to dental washes or antibiotic medication. Because an infected root or tooth pulp may damage or contaminate other teeth, the root material must be removed.
This is a rather complicated procedure (its called endodontic surgery) that removes blood vessels, nerve tissue and the contaminated pulp material from the bottom of the tooth. In the case where a tooth can actually be saved from this infection rather than lost (extracted), the dentist will drill into the pulp center, called the chamber, of the tooth, and will remove the infected cells.
A long needle-like drill is used for this procedure, which accounts for the fearful reputation dental root canal treatment has, but, in actuality, the dentist will completely numb the area. The patient may feel a mild pressure, but no actual pain should be experienced during the operation.
Once the infection is removed, the canal is sterilized clean and refilled with a substitute material, a non-elastic substance called gutta-percha. This compound, a form of latex, is melted, then inserted into the hollow of the pulp and sealed over with orthodontic sealer and cement. Usually when the latex is heated, an overabundance is injected into the cavity and allowed to cool, to thus fit itself to the hollow of the pulp.
Most dentists recommend, once root canal treatment is complete, that the renewed and refilled tooth be covered with a crown; this extends the life and health of the tooth nearly six times beyond what it might otherwise experience.
NOW is when the pain startsas the numbing solution wears off and the full extent of the invasive technique makes itself known with tooth and gum pain. In most cases, the discomfort is mild and easily overcome with aspirin or Ibuprofen; in more markedly painful cases, a toothache solution such as oil of cloves may be indicated. If the treated tooth abscesses (developing pus in the chamber), the dentist may need to drain the tooth in a second visit, and then prescribe an antibiotic.
So now youve answered the question, what is root canal treatment?And of course, once the pain clears, the relief beginsparticularly the relief that root canal treatment has given you back a healthy mouth again.
Category: Dentist - Dental Surgery
- SmartGuy Now Surpasses 145,000 Businesses
- SmartGuy Tops 50,000 in Global Internet Engagement
- SmartGuy Now Manages 20,000 City Business Networks
- SmartGuy® Completes New Platform
- SmartGuy®️ introduces Free Phone App
- How Businesses Rank High on Google INSTANTLY
- How To Find A Good Plumber For Every Situation
- How To Consolidate Your Debt - Lower Your Payments
- How Much Is Auto Insurance a month
- How Much is Long Term Care Insurance and Who Needs it
- Loan Settlement Structure Charges and Agreements
- Photographers for Those Special Occasions
- Live in Paris Where to Go and What to See
- What Audio and Video Services are Available
- Your Guide to Find the Best Roofers and What you Need to Ask Them
- This is when you need to replace your roof
- Are Electricians Expensive What do They Charge Per Hour
- How to Find the Cheapest Plumber
- Action Steps to get Past the Coronavirus as well as Future Pandemics
- Best Car Rentals Locations Near Me
- Find High Quality Sunglasses
- Bitcoin Basic Information FAQs
- What are the Advantages of Bitcoin
- What is a Good Business Opportunity
- Grow your SmartGuy City Business Network by 50-100 Businesses in the Next 60 Days
- A Mans Desperate Attempt to Improve Mankind and Counter the Inevitability of Mans Demise