Prepare for the Future
You are happy, have a nice family and earn a nice income, what is there to worry about right? Wake up and prepare for the future! Reality is not always right in front of your eyes, but it is something you will have to face.
When I was about 18, my mother who was very successful, pulled me aside and told me something… something I never forgot. She said,
“Jordan…It is much easier to be poor when you’re young than poor when you’re old. “
As I got older, I never forgot that statement. You see, right after college, I moved to Chicago for a great job opportunity and took about $1,800 to cover the first month of rent, some food and the purchase of a futon to sleep on.
As I earned more money, I saved and bought silverware, a dining room table, furniture and so on. It was fine. Sure, there were weeks I had to survive on just rice and beans, or 0.19 bags of Top Ramen, but I was young, healthy and was upward moving. I knew I had to prepare for the future.
But as I got older, I met a lot of people who also didn’t have much money; however they were old. Their health wasn’t good, many couldn’t afford to eat well or heat their houses, it was very sad. I kept thinking about what my mom told me.
As I continued to grow and succeed, I saw my mother continue to age. Now, she has difficult seeing well and getting around, but she positioned yourself financially to prepare for this time in her life. To provide her comforts to help make up for that which age takes away.
I urge you all too also prepare for your future…but now, not later.
- Do not depend on your kids, your friends, your family or the government to take care of you when you’re older
- Do not depend on having the strength, capabilities, youth and vitality your whole life
- Do not expect to die young or that prices will stay the same
On the contrary, expect that you will live a long time, that things will continue to increase and become more expensive and that you cannot really on anyone for financial support.
Sounds bleak? Consider that according to the National Council of Aging, “Almost 75% of single Social Security recipients aged 65+ depend on Social Security for all or most of their monthly income. Also, keep in mind that 4 in 5 older adults will battle at least one chronic condition or illness such as heart disorders, arthritis, or osteoporosis. 50% will battle at least two.
I mention these not to depress you, but to motivate you to prepare for the future. Now is the time to take action and control of your financial future, while you can. Whether you take advantage of utilizing SmartGuy.com to create a nice income stream, or another opportunity, do something to prepare and help ensure a comfortable future.
Category: Business Consultants
- Risk Free Fundraising - What is it
- Excellent Resume Services That Are Offered by the Resume Experts
- The Creative Problem Solving Re Frame
- Find the Best Telemedicine Service in Cherry Hill NJ Urgent Health Care near me
- How to Become A Career Coach
- Note Taking Notes And How To Take Them
- SmartGuy Now Surpasses 145,000 Businesses
- SmartGuy® Completes New Platform
- SmartGuy Now Manages 20,000 City Business Networks
- SmartGuy Tops 50,000 in Global Internet Engagement
- SmartGuy Gives Away Money LIVE Online Weekly
- How Businesses Rank High on Google INSTANTLY
- How to Be a Top Mortgage Executive
- How to Find a Physician Assistant Position
- How Can You Learn Cake Decorating?
- What An ENT Specialist Can Do For You
- What the Real Cost of a DUI
- Getting an Accounting Degree - Who to Call
- Finding Best 3 Day Car Insurance
- Finding the Best Traffic School - Who is it
- Slab Leak Detection Cost and Equipment
- What Is The Best Roof To Install On Your Home
- Find Best Hard Money Loans - Bad Credit Rates
- Finding the Best Property Surveyor
- Baume and Mercier Watches Reviews Prices for Sale Men Women
- Live in a Tree Treehouses for Adults
- How to Find a good Real Estate Agent
- Best Business Opportunities in 2019
- Common Questions to Ask When Looking For a Good Doctor
- Installing Wood Flooring Over Concrete How to Do It Right
- How to Get Rid Of Gnats around Your Home
- How to Choose the Best Jewelry Designer