Prepare for the Future
You are happy, have a nice family and earn a nice income, what is there to worry about right? Wake up and prepare for the future! Reality is not always right in front of your eyes, but it is something you will have to face.
When I was about 18, my mother who was very successful, pulled me aside and told me something… something I never forgot. She said,
“Jordan…It is much easier to be poor when you’re young than poor when you’re old. “
As I got older, I never forgot that statement. You see, right after college, I moved to Chicago for a great job opportunity and took about $1,800 to cover the first month of rent, some food and the purchase of a futon to sleep on.
As I earned more money, I saved and bought silverware, a dining room table, furniture and so on. It was fine. Sure, there were weeks I had to survive on just rice and beans, or 0.19 bags of Top Ramen, but I was young, healthy and was upward moving. I knew I had to prepare for the future.
But as I got older, I met a lot of people who also didn’t have much money; however they were old. Their health wasn’t good, many couldn’t afford to eat well or heat their houses, it was very sad. I kept thinking about what my mom told me.
As I continued to grow and succeed, I saw my mother continue to age. Now, she has difficult seeing well and getting around, but she positioned yourself financially to prepare for this time in her life. To provide her comforts to help make up for that which age takes away.
I urge you all too also prepare for your future…but now, not later.
- Do not depend on your kids, your friends, your family or the government to take care of you when you’re older
- Do not depend on having the strength, capabilities, youth and vitality your whole life
- Do not expect to die young or that prices will stay the same
On the contrary, expect that you will live a long time, that things will continue to increase and become more expensive and that you cannot really on anyone for financial support.
Sounds bleak? Consider that according to the National Council of Aging, “Almost 75% of single Social Security recipients aged 65+ depend on Social Security for all or most of their monthly income. Also, keep in mind that 4 in 5 older adults will battle at least one chronic condition or illness such as heart disorders, arthritis, or osteoporosis. 50% will battle at least two.
I mention these not to depress you, but to motivate you to prepare for the future. Now is the time to take action and control of your financial future, while you can. Whether you take advantage of utilizing SmartGuy.com to create a nice income stream, or another opportunity, do something to prepare and help ensure a comfortable future.
Category: Business Consultants
- How to write a business plan
- Note Taking Notes And How To Take Them
- Excellent Resume Services That Are Offered by the Resume Experts
- The Creative Problem Solving Re Frame
- Find the Best Telemedicine Service in Cherry Hill NJ Urgent Health Care near me
- Risk Free Fundraising - What is it
- How to Become A Career Coach
- Cultivating Resilience and Mental Toughness - Keys to Thriving Amidst Lifes Challenges
- 50 positive affirmations to be read every day
- Teenagers are rushing to MindBalance rather than wasting time on TikTok
- Mind Matters- The Chiropractic Approach to Personal Growth
- Mind Balance - A Comprehensive Solution for Navigating Modern Mental Health Challenges
- The SmartGuy plan to Fostering Unity in a Multi-faith Society
- The Imperative of Unity - Why SmartGuy and Coexistence is Key to Global Survival
- Universal Pursuit of Happiness - Wisdom from World Religions
- Illuminating the Path - Overcoming Ignorance and Misunderstanding in World Religions
- Bridging Beliefs - Finding Common Ground in Love and Respect
- The SmartGuy Vision - A United Future Through Interfaith Love and Respect
- A Cautionary Vision - The Grim Future of a Divided World Without Love and Balance
- Balancing Act - How Understanding Personalities Could Unlock World Peace
- Understanding Judaism - A Comprehensive Overview of Beliefs Practices and Cultural Impact
- A Universal Prayer for Peace and Understanding Embracing Diverse Faiths
- Preparing Kids for Adulthood - 15 Vital Skills They Wont Learn in School
- How Mind Balance Empowers You Against Misinformation
- Jerusalem's Lesson - A Blueprint for Global Harmony Among Diverse Faiths
- Clearing Mental Plaque: The Path to Enhanced Communication and Divine Connection
- Living the Teachings of Jesus - 100 Lessons for a Compassionate and Faithful Life