How to Heat a Commercial Property or Home | Best Way to do it
Interested in learning the best way to heat a home or commercial property? Can you do it in a more efficient way? Before you begin your search for a HVAC contractor, you need to know what options you have. What kind of heating unit do you want in your home? WIll you switch from electric to gas, or from gas to electric? Or are you going to update what you already have?
Keeping your property warm should be a priority during the colder seasons. Below you will find a list of seven different ways you can heat your home or commercial property.
1. Central Warm Air Furnace
A central furnace is something many households in colder climates rely on to keep their house warm. This furnace delivers heated air to each room in the house through air vents and ducts. This furnace can be powered by electric, oil or gas.
2. Steam or Hot Water System
Steam does a great job in making sure heat is transferred throughout your house. It’s mass density is low and can be adjusted at most temperatures. It is fast acting and has very good control. However, hot water boilers are more efficient than steam boilers.
3. Heat Pump
Heat Pumps move heat made by thermal energy in the opposite direction of where the heat is transferred. It takes heat from a colder area and releases it to a warmer location. A small amount of power is needed for this process.
4. Floor, Wall, or Pipeless Furnace
This type of furnace does not have ducts. It has an enclosed chamber where the fuel is burned. The electrical-resistance heat is then generated to warm the rooms of a building. This type of furnace is found beneath the floor and this helps radiate heat into the room above or to the sides.
5. Heating Stove
Heating stoves can burn a many different types of fuel including gas, wood, or pellet fuel. The design of the heating stove appeals to people who like a more old fashioned or comforting feel to their home . The heating stove is connected to a chimney or flue with heat that travels through stove pipes. Once the fuel is turned on or enginited, warm gases begin to flow through the pipes.
6. Room Heater
Small space heaters are generally used for one room only. The heat doesn’t reach very far, so it's not convenient to heat the whole house.
Fireplaces decrease heating costs down significantly. It allows you to cut back on how much you use your central thermostat, something that makes a dent in your monthly bill during the colder weather. Homeowners can reduce heating costs up to 40 percent.
Electric vs Gas Heating
If you live in a colder area and depend on heating your home most of the year, gas heat is the best way to go.
- Cheaper use
- Faster Heating
- Expensive to install
- Unit has shorter lifespan
- More Maintenance Required
Electric heat is the best option if you live in a warmer area or where gas heat isn’t an option.
- Low Installation Cost
- Flexible installation
- Easy Maintenance
- Higher lifetime costs
- Takes longer to generate heat
So now it’s time to decide, Electric or gas?
Category: Heating Contractors
- SmartGuy® Completes New Platform
- SmartGuy Now Manages 20,000 City Business Networks
- How Businesses Rank High on Google INSTANTLY
- SmartGuy Tops 50,000 in Global Internet Engagement
- SmartGuy Now Surpasses 145,000 Businesses
- SmartGuy Gives Away Money LIVE Online Weekly
- Interventional Cardiologist: What It Is And How To Become One
- Juvederm Injection - Where to Get It
- Find Best IRS Tax Attorney
- What Should It Cost to Fix My Appliances
- Choose The Best Wood for Grilling
- How to Repair a Chimney - Who to Call
- Breast Augmentation and Reduction Surgery Cost
- How to lose weight and be skinnier
- Why Get Car Insurance You Need it
- How to Stop Spam SMS What to Do
- Refrigerator Repair Service Choose the Best for your Appliances
- Is Sushi Safe to Eat Pregnancy Risks
- How Working Overseas Benefits your Career
- What is the best way to remove bed bugs
- List of What Are the Most Popular Honda Cars
- How to Choose Composite Decking Secrets Revealed
- How Can a Real Estate Agent Find Me a Rental
- Information on the 2020 Volkswagen Model which Has Big Surprises In Store For You
- What are Social Media Influencers and How Can They Grow Your Business
- Independent Auto Repair Companies Near Me What do they do