If there is a mildew smell in your home or you can see black fungus in the bathroom, there is a good chance that you have black mold in your house. But what exactly is black mold? It is a slimy substance that is greenish-black in color. It grows from tiny microorganisms known as strachyboty chartarun and starchybotys astra. Mold can be found anywhere from the bathroom to the carpet in the living room. However, it is mostly found in damp places that also happen to be poorly ventilated.
One thing you may not know about black mold is that it is capable of causing such respiratory problems such as allergies or asthma. It is worth noting that mold grows in humid areas that are also moisture rich. That is why it is mostly found in the bathroom. If you suspect you have mold in your house, it is very important that you get rid of it before it starts wreaking havoc on your health. If you are not sure how to get rid of black mold, your first stop should be the Internet. There is a wealth of information on cheap and effective ways to get rid of mold. The good news is that you do not have to hire a professional as you can easily deal with the mold yourself.
If you think there is mold in your home, the first thing you should do is conduct a thorough investigation. You need to find out which areas have been affected and how bad the situation is. It is of utmost importance that you look beyond the areas that you are able to see. You must know that you cannot be able to effectively get rid of the mold if you only deal with what you cannot see. The mold problem will persist if you do not deal with the hidden areas as well.
If the area that has been affected is small, you can easily use some household vinegar to clean it up. This is by far the easiest and cheapest way to get rid of the mold. You just need to mix a little vinegar with some water then spray it on the affected area. You can then use a cloth to clean out the mold. The vinegar will not only kill the mold but also disinfect the area. You may also use some bleach and laundry detergent to clean off the mold. Keep in mind that some elbow grease is necessary to get rid of all the mold.
One important tip on how to get rid of mold is to seal off the area that has been affected especially when cleaning. This will prevent mold spores from getting into other rooms in the house. It is also important that you wear some protective clothing. As has already been stated, mold cause respiratory problems. If you inhale mold spores, you will get an allergic reaction. Accordingly, you need to wear not only gloves and goggles but also a dust mask as well. You can easily get these at the local department store. Make sure that you dispose of these items after use.
The most important tip on how to get rid of mold is to deal with the source of the problems. You must find where the moisture that is causing the mold to grow is coming from. Maybe you have leaky faucets or the dehumidifier is not working properly.
Mold can cause serious health problems if not dealt with properly. You can use some vinegar or bleach to clean out small areas. However, getting rid of mold permanently will ensure there are no leaky pipes.