How Much Does it Cost to Carpet a Room What is Cheapest
Do you know how much does it cost to carpet a room? Well, to determine the average cost per square foot to Install carpeting, you need to look at several factors, including room size and shape, carpet style, furniture removal, hauling out old flooring, labor, and more. That's why there is so much variety in our user reports, which show that the average cost of an entire carpet installation project is $1,603, with most homeowners paying between $765 and $2,521 but with some paying as little as $200 or as much as $4,000.
Here's a look at those costs, broken down by square foot:
- Cost of carpeting: $1-$11 per square foot
- Cost of padding (if not included in the carpet or labor cost): $0.30-$0.60 per square foot
- Cost of labor: $0.50-$1 per square foot
- Cost of labor add-ons (furniture removal, Berber carpet installation, special cuts, hauling away, etc.): $0.50-$2 per square foot
Therefore, a standard 12-foot by 12-foot room without any odd angles or cutouts should cost between $300-$750 for carpet installation using a low- to middle-grade carpet material. That equals approximately $2-$5 per square foot.
The Cost of Carpet Itself
The single most influential element that affects the final cost to install carpeting is the price of the carpet itself. The range of options is vast, spanning from basic olefin and polyester, priced around $1-$2 per square foot, all the way to wool and patterned Berber, which can cost upwards of $9-$11 per square foot. Basically, the style and materials used to make the carpet determine its cost, which means homeowners need to balance the desired look and effect with their budgets.
Carpet Styles and Options
Despite the many choices in stores, carpet really only comes in three basic styles known as piles. These three types - cut, loop, and cut and loop - each offer distinctive features and benefits to homeowners and work best in different rooms of the home based on the level of foot traffic.
- Cut Pile Carpet: Created when the woven loops of carpet are all cut to the same height and tufted at the ends, its resulting appearance is dense and soft. Cut pile carpet includes four subcategories:
- Saxony or Plush: The most common type of carpet, this looks like a freshly mowed lawn. It’s subject to wear, however, and therefore best in low-traffic areas.
- Textured Saxony: This type is twisted to create a permanent curl and resist lines and wear. It’s great for medium- to high-traffic areas.
- Frieze: More tightly twisted than textured Saxony, the yarn from Frieze carpet actually curls over to create a durable product that resists lines and works well in high-traffic areas.
- Cable: Notable for its thicker and longer yarn, cable carpet is the plushest style. However, it is subject to wear and matting, making it best for low-traffic areas.
- Loop Pile Carpet: Also known as commercial carpet, loop pile is the uncut version of cut pile carpet commonly found in high-traffic areas of the home and in businesses. It is made of yarn that is actually looped into its backing, making it incredibly durable and resistant to lines. Often multicolored to hide dirt and stains, different types of loop pile carpet may include both low- and high-profile areas to add additional texture and concealment.
- Cut and Loop Carpet: By combining the techniques used to create cut pile and loop pile carpet, it is possible to make unique patterns and designs that add interest and texture to a room. Alternately known as "cut and uncut carpet" and "sculpted carpet," this style of carpeting is durable and easily conceals lines, making it a good choice for medium- to high-traffic areas.
Category: Carpet Sales and Installation
Featured Carpet Sales and Installation
- How to meditate
- How to write a cover letter
- What to do on a first date
- What is the meaning of life
- How to get a passport
- Mind Balance Free Education Platform
- How to become more communicative
- How to become more stress tolerant
- How to become more courageous
- How to become more analytical
- Unlocking Happiness and Success- Effective Positive Thinking Techniques
- Building a Positive Attitude - Strategies for a Happier and More Fulfilling Life
- Overcoming Negative Thoughts - Strategies for a Positive Mindset
- Boosting Self-Confidence and Self-Esteem - Your Path to Empowerment
- Stress Management Strategies-Your Roadmap to a Calmer and Healthier Life
- Mind Balance - for those who dare to redefine their limits
- Teenagers are rushing to MindBalance rather than wasting time on TikTok
- 50 ways to be more like Jesus in everyday life
- Take the Wheel-Navigating Life Beyond the Screen
- Three Sentences from a Billionaire That Changed My Life and Made Me Millions