How Fountains Add Beauty And Relaxation To Landscaping Projects
People have been adding fountains to their landscaping since ancient times. They served to add beauty to the landscaping and keep the area cool. Now, a fountain can be used to provide a focal point for a landscaping project, or to create a relaxation corner in a backyard. A fountain in any landscaping project will draw attention, so it is best not to add one in a haphazard fashion. The fountain should be considered part of the overall theme of the landscape design, not just an afterthought. With poor planning, the fountain will seem oddly out of place. But properly placed, it will enhance the look of the landscape, and can tie all of the design elements together.
While landscapers can add a fountain for you, some people would rather build a fountain from scratch. This is not necessary, however, as there are several types of fountain kits that can be bought on line or at your local home improvement store. These kits come with all the materials you need to build your own fountain. A typical kit will include a fountain basin, a pump, a filter, a power supply, and perhaps lights for a striking effect at night. These kits range in price from $50 to more than $200 depending on how big the fountain, how much water it moves, and how many features it has.
Choosing to build a fountain will result in a more unique result, and a great conversation starter when entertaining outdoors. Choices for your water fountain basin are numerous, but concrete and copper are the most popular. When using concrete, it is best to weather seal the basin, or to apply epoxy resin to protect it from cracking. A copper basin will make a striking appearance in your yard.
There are other types of fountain designs as well. The traditional design with a basin, while adding a classic look, might be considered outdated. A newer idea in fountain design is the waterfall fountain. These fountains look like walls, and include a light usually hidden in the top of the fountain. The water pump moves the water to the top of the fountain. From there, it is directed along a pipe across the top that sends the water gently down a wall to the bottom. From there, the cycle starts over again. These waterfall wall fountains can be quite large, or can be fitted to one corner of your yard perhaps in an area featuring an oriental design to serve as a relaxation corner.
If you are designing your landscaping with an environmentally friendly theme, you should consider a solar fountain. Solar fountains gather energy from the sun to power the water pump. So far, the selection is more limited than for regular electric fountains. A solar fountain is more flexible, as it can be placed almost anywhere in the yard, rather than having its placement dictated by the availability of an electrical outlet. The solar fountain market is growing, and more selections are sure to become available in the future.
Fountains can add serenity to your yard. They are not as expensive as you might think, and the solar versions will not add to your utility bill. They must be kept clean, as dirt can clog the water pump causing it to fail. They also can become a home to insect larvae if they are not maintained and allowed to run on a regular basis. Adding a fountain to your landscaping will add a touch of class to your yard. It will serve as an outstanding focal point as well as a conversation piece for your next backyard soiree.
- SmartGuy Now Manages 20,000 City Business Networks
- SmartGuy Tops 50,000 in Global Internet Engagement
- SmartGuy® Completes New Platform
- SmartGuy Now Surpasses 145,000 Businesses
- How Businesses Rank High on Google INSTANTLY
- SmartGuy Gives Away Money LIVE Online Weekly
- Traffic School Lawyers Why Important
- Cheap Car Insurance for Modified Cars
- Qualifications Needed to Become an Electrician
- Kitchen Pantry Designs For Storage or Display
- The Best Liquor Stores Near Me - Which Delivers
- Finding the Best Computer Repair
- Forever Living Brings You Natural Health and Beauty Products
- Finding Best Offshore Discount Broker
- Flood Clean Up - Who to Call
- Party Rentals Can Make a Party Fun For All
- Finding the Best Mortgage Companies Do Reviews Matter
- Which Pizza is Best Dominos Papa Johns or Little Caesars
- Live in Malta- What You Must Know
- Common Supplies for Dogs and Cats How Many Does Your Pet Have
- The 10 Greatest Mercedes-Benz Cars of All Time
- Are Electricians Expensive What do They Charge Per Hour
- How to get rid of crabgrass from your lawn
- Find the Best Vegan Restaurant near Me How to Choose
- What are the Advantages of Bitcoin
- Benefits Of The Quick Delivery Service