Handy Hints to Help In Hiring a Housekeeper
Everyone has gone through days when cleaning the house has been the last thing on their mind. If you're tired after a long day at work, you definitely don't want to come home and clean the house for another couple of hours. Then what do you do? You could hire a housekeeper.
If the idea sounds appealing, first you have to decide on what exactly you want done around the house. Once that's decided, you have to consider whether you want to employ a housekeeper directly or through a cleaning service. If you decide to do it on your own, there are a couple of pointers to bear in mind.
Finding a houskeeper
To start with, you could ask friends and family members for referrals. If they refer someone whose work they like, you will probably be satisfied too. If you have access to a computer, you could search your area for a local housekeeper by going to www.SmartGuy.com.
Once you find a few candidates, be sure to ask them for referrals, even if they come through people you know. Talk to the interviewees about themselves. Don't be shy about asking them questions you think are important. Ask them what kind of cleaning work they don't do. An important question would be to ask them why they've chosen this particular profession. If they say that it's just something to do between jobs, then it would be better not to hire the person. The person would probably not be too committed to the job and would most likely leave at the first opportunity.
If, after the interview, you like someone, you could set up a trial period. It should ideally be between two-four weeks. This gives you enough time to decide if you are happy with the service provided. You also have to settle on the payment. Whether you want to pay a flat fee or hourly wages?
One of the most important things you have to be well informed about is the employment laws. You have to make sure the person you're hiring is legally allowed to work in the USA. Asking for the social security number and a copy of the driver's license is important. You will also have to pay certain taxes for the person.
At the end of the day, hiring a housekeeper is not as easy as it seems. You are inviting a stranger into your house. Even after you have got all the details of the person you are considering, it is important going along with your intuition. If your gut instinct tells you the person is not right, despite all the correct papers, look around till you find the right person.
Category: House Cleaning
- SmartGuy Gives Away Money LIVE Online Weekly
- SmartGuy® Completes New Platform
- SmartGuy Now Surpasses 145,000 Businesses
- SmartGuy Tops 50,000 in Global Internet Engagement
- SmartGuy Now Manages 20,000 City Business Networks
- Gift Shops Just About Everything In One Store
- Find the Best Mothers Day Gift
- Goal Setting Exercises and Activities What Are Some
- Finding The Best Commercial REITs How to Invest Wisely
- Where to Live in Brazil Best Places
- How to Keep Your Small Business Growing During the Coronavirus Slowdown
- Best Small Business Bloggers and Influencers
- Top Small Business Bloggers Top 40
- Bitcoin Basic Information FAQs
- How does Bitcoin make money
- How Difficult is it to Make a Bitcoin Payment
- What are the Advantages of Bitcoin
- How to Find a Good Business Opportunity
- Benefits Of The Quick Delivery Service
- Grow your SmartGuy City Business Network by 50-100 Businesses in the Next 60 Days
- Why are Youth Programs Important
- What is a Youth Development Program
- Best Business Networks Near Me
- Who Is Ron DeSantis and his Political Positions
- A Mans Desperate Attempt to Improve Mankind and Counter the Inevitability of Mans Demise