Handy Hints to Help In Hiring a Housekeeper
Everyone has gone through days when cleaning the house has been the last thing on their mind. If you're tired after a long day at work, you definitely don't want to come home and clean the house for another couple of hours. Then what do you do? You could hire a housekeeper.
If the idea sounds appealing, first you have to decide on what exactly you want done around the house. Once that's decided, you have to consider whether you want to employ a housekeeper directly or through a cleaning service. If you decide to do it on your own, there are a couple of pointers to bear in mind.
Finding a houskeeper
To start with, you could ask friends and family members for referrals. If they refer someone whose work they like, you will probably be satisfied too. If you have access to a computer, you could search your area for a local housekeeper by going to www.SmartGuy.com.
Once you find a few candidates, be sure to ask them for referrals, even if they come through people you know. Talk to the interviewees about themselves. Don't be shy about asking them questions you think are important. Ask them what kind of cleaning work they don't do. An important question would be to ask them why they've chosen this particular profession. If they say that it's just something to do between jobs, then it would be better not to hire the person. The person would probably not be too committed to the job and would most likely leave at the first opportunity.
If, after the interview, you like someone, you could set up a trial period. It should ideally be between two-four weeks. This gives you enough time to decide if you are happy with the service provided. You also have to settle on the payment. Whether you want to pay a flat fee or hourly wages?
One of the most important things you have to be well informed about is the employment laws. You have to make sure the person you're hiring is legally allowed to work in the USA. Asking for the social security number and a copy of the driver's license is important. You will also have to pay certain taxes for the person.
At the end of the day, hiring a housekeeper is not as easy as it seems. You are inviting a stranger into your house. Even after you have got all the details of the person you are considering, it is important going along with your intuition. If your gut instinct tells you the person is not right, despite all the correct papers, look around till you find the right person.
Category: House Cleaning
- SmartGuy Now Manages 20,000 City Business Networks
- How Businesses Rank High on Google INSTANTLY
- SmartGuy®️ introduces Free Phone App
- SmartGuy® Completes New Platform
- SmartGuy Now Surpasses 145,000 Businesses
- SmartGuy Tops 50,000 in Global Internet Engagement
- Removing Scratches and Stains from Wood Flooring
- Find the Best Janitorial Cleaning - Commercial and Office
- How to Find a Good Plumber
- Whats the best color for a car or truck
- What A Boiler Service Does
- Buying Furs Does Not Have To Be Intimidating
- How Much Does Lawn Treatment Cost
- What Is The Best Roof To Install On Your Home
- What Are Top Administrative Executive Duties and Responsibilities
- What Are Top Investment Executive Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Finding the Best Health Clubs - How they Compare
- Which Alcohol has the Fewest Calories - Healthiest
- Kitchen Food Pantry a Great Place to Store Items
- What is a Square Meter Conversions
- Finding the Best Refrigerator Repairmen Are Reviews Important
- Refrigerator Repair Service Choose the Best for your Appliances
- What is The Difference Between 1080i And 1080p on TVs
- Best Adventure Trekking Company Holidays in Nepal
- How Long Does Reglazing a Tub Last and How Does it Work
- Medical Tourism Information and Where to go