Find the Best Real Estate Agent near Me How to Choose
Real estate agents promote themselves with yard signs, online ads, direct-mail postcards and even sponsored public benches. So, cutting through the advertising hype and finding the right agent can be tough. Still, there are ways to size up an agent’s record and potential. Check out these seven ways to find a great real estate agent, whether you’re buying or selling a home. If you ever wondered, how do I find the best real estate agent near, we will help...
Talk with agents’ recent clients
Ask agents to provide a list of what they’ve listed and sold in the past year, with contact information.
If you’re selling, ask whether the previous properties were similar to yours in price, location and other key features. You want someone who specializes in what you’re selling.
Another good question for sellers to ask: How long were the homes on the market?
Check for license and disciplinary actions
The states license and discipline real estate agents. Check with your state’s regulatory body to find out whether an agent you’re considering is licensed and or has any disciplinary actions or complaints. That information may be posted online.
Ask about professional awards
Peer-given awards count, says Ron Phipps, a past president of the National Association of Realtors. One that really means something is “Realtor of the Year,” which is awarded by the state or local branch of the NAR.
Select an agent with the right credentials
Doctors have specialties, and so do real estate agents, many of whom get additional training in particular areas. The alphabet soup after an agent’s name can indicate that the agent has taken classes in a certain area of real estate sales. Some of the designations include:
CRS (Certified Residential Specialist): Completed additional training in handling residential real estate.
ABR (Accredited Buyer’s Representative): Completed additional education in representing buyers in transactions.
SRES (Seniors Real Estate Specialist): Completed training aimed at helping buyers and sellers in the 50-plus age range.
Find out how experienced an agent is
A state licensing authority often can tell you how long an agent has been in business. Or, you can ask the agent directly.
“If they haven’t been in business five years, they’re learning on you and that’s not good,” says Robert Irwin, author of “Tips & Traps for Negotiating Real Estate.”
Ultimately, what you want is someone who is actively engaged in a particular area and price range. You’ll want an agent to demonstrate knowledge of the area and homes in your price range.
Look at the agent’s current listings
Check out an agent’s listings online, says Brobeck of the Consumer Federation of America. Places to look include the real estate agency’s website and sites such as Realtor.com, which offer a searchable online database of properties in the multiple listing service.
Most buyers start their search online, and you want an agent who uses that tool effectively. “A key thing is an attractive presentation on the web,” Brobeck says.
Look at how closely the agent’s listings mirror the property you want to buy or sell. Are they in the same area? Is the price range similar? Does the agent have enough listings to indicate a healthy business, but not so many that you’d be waiting days for him or her to return your call?
Gauge the agent’s knowledge of the area
A good agent should know about other properties that are available in the area, Irwin says. Mention a house in your area that recently sold or is for sale.
If the agent knows the property and can give you a few details, that means he or she really knows your area, he says. “You want someone like that, who’s on top of the market.”
Category: Real Estate Listing Agent
Featured Real Estate Listing Agent
- How to Find the Best Real Estate Agent to Sell My House What to Ask
- How to Find a good Real Estate Agent
- How Can a Real Estate Agent Find Me a Rental
- The Difference between Residential and Commercial Real Estate Agents
- How to meditate
- How to write a cover letter
- What to do on a first date
- What is the meaning of life
- How to get a passport
- Mind Balance Free Education Platform
- How to become more communicative
- How to become more stress tolerant
- How to become more courageous
- How to become more analytical
- Unlocking Happiness and Success- Effective Positive Thinking Techniques
- Building a Positive Attitude - Strategies for a Happier and More Fulfilling Life
- Overcoming Negative Thoughts - Strategies for a Positive Mindset
- Boosting Self-Confidence and Self-Esteem - Your Path to Empowerment
- Stress Management Strategies-Your Roadmap to a Calmer and Healthier Life
- Mind Balance - for those who dare to redefine their limits
- Teenagers are rushing to MindBalance rather than wasting time on TikTok
- 50 ways to be more like Jesus in everyday life
- Take the Wheel-Navigating Life Beyond the Screen
- Three Sentences from a Billionaire That Changed My Life and Made Me Millions