Elegant Bathroom Toilet Designs and Features
The bathroom toilet is indeed an elegant device. They are designed based on the premise that water stores at a certain height has enough potential energy to drive the mechanism, The work best if there is pressurized water supplied to the tank. If you do not have pressurized water, the concept still works by pouring a bucket of water down the bowl. Although this simple concept has not changed, the design of toilets has undergone some major changes over the years. New models that use much less water are swiftly gaining in popularity. Sleeker looks and bolder colors are available now as well.
Toilets come in a great variety of styles, shapes, and colors. However, white is the still the gold standard for colors, and vitreous china is the most prevalent material. You can choose integrated toilets where the tank and bowl is a single molded unit, or you can opt for a separate tank. For a Victorian look, you can choose a tank that is mounted high on the wall.
Low flush toilets are becoming more common as water conservation becomes a more serious consideration. It used to take 5 to 7 gallons of water to flush a toilet. National standards now limit this to 1.6 gallons per flush. Water conserving toilets are slightly more expensive that the old 5 - gallon units, but the money you save in water usage will make up the difference quickly.
When the low flush bathroom toilet was introduced, there were three common complaints. It took multiple flushes to clear the bowl, residue tended to remain even after multiple flushes, and they tended to clog easily. New low flush models are greatly improved, but many people still resort to double flushing which negates the water savings that were intended.
Traditional gravity toilets have been improved to reduce the amount of water required for flushing. These improved design features include taller and slimmer tanks, steeper bowls, and less water surface. Pressure assisted toilets use pressure in the water line to create compressed air to empty the bowl. They can be much more expensive. One model in particular uses only gallon of water per flush, but can be three times more expensive than standard gravity toilets. With vacuum flush toilets, two internal chambers create a vacuum that forces water into the bowl and through the trap.
A bidet is not an alternative to a toilet. It is instead a companion. Generally located directly next to the toilet, a bidet is for personal hygiene. Water is supplied by a sprayer mounted either on the back wall of the bottom of the bowl. They have been standard in Europe for decades, but are only recently catching on across the Atlantic. They are being made by every major bathroom fixture manufacturer. They require both a hot and cold water supply line, as well as a drain.
Choosing a toilet depends on the design theme for your bathroom. More traditional designs can use a traditional toilet. Sleek low - profile models will fit better in more contemporary bathroom spaces. If you are wanting for floor space, consider a corner toilet. They have a wedge - shaped tank that fits into the corner.</P> <P>The bathroom toilet is not necessarily the center piece of your bathroom renovation, but it is important enough to demand some attention. If you have the space and desire to make a bold statement, a toilet and bidet combination will be a real eye - catcher. Keep in mind when designing your space that you will need about 48 inches of room depth for the average toilet to fit. Widths can vary from 15 to 24 inches.
Category: Bathroom Accessories
- SmartGuy® Completes New Platform
- SmartGuy Gives Away Money LIVE Online Weekly
- SmartGuy Tops 50,000 in Global Internet Engagement
- SmartGuy Now Manages 20,000 City Business Networks
- SmartGuy Now Surpasses 145,000 Businesses
- Finding the Best Locksmith How to Choose
- What is The Difference Between 1080i And 1080p on TVs
- How Working Overseas Benefits your Career
- How to Find a Good Auto Body Shop
- Body Language When Networking for a job
- Are Electricians Expensive What do They Charge Per Hour
- How Much Should I Pay a Plumber What Do They Cost
- Concrete countertops how much to install
- Ways to Avoid Laminate Flooring Mistakes by Installing it Right
- Find the Best Steak Restaurant Near me How to Choose
- Best Small Business Bloggers and Influencers
- How does one acquire bitcoins
- How Difficult is it to Make a Bitcoin Payment
- What are the Advantages of Bitcoin
- How to Find a Good Business Opportunity
- Grow your SmartGuy City Business Network by 50-100 Businesses in the Next 60 Days
- Why are Youth Programs Important
- What is a Youth Development Program
- Who Is Ron DeSantis and his Political Positions
- A Mans Desperate Attempt to Improve Mankind and Counter the Inevitability of Mans Demise