Credit Card Fraud Protection Tips
Credit card fraud is widespread nowadays and you need to more careful than ever to protect your personal and credit card details. Here are some credit card fraud protection tips to help you minimize your risk. Just remember, there is always somebody waiting for you to slip up so follow the hints below rigorously protect yourself:
When you order checks have only your initials (instead of first name) and last name written on them. If someone steals your checkbook, they will not know if you sign your checks with just your initials or your first name, but your bank will know. <LI>Do not sign the back of credit cards. Instead, put "PHOTO ID REQUIRED."
When you are writing checks for credit card bills, DO NOT put the complete account number on the "For" line. Instead, only write the last four numbers. The credit card company knows the number. Otherwise anyone handling your check will have access to your account number
Put your work phone # on your checks instead of your home phone and use a PO Box address rather than your home address. If you do not have a PO Box, use your work address. Do not print your SIN number on your checks. You can add it if it is necessary.
Photocopy the contents of your wallet. Copy both sides of each license, credit card, etc. This will remind you of the contents of your wallet should it be stolen. Also copy phone numbers to contact in the event of theft and carry a photocopy of your passport when traveling abroad
When you check out of a hotel that uses cards for keys you should not hand the cards over to reception. Instead you should destroy them as these cards contain details of your address and credit card number etc. very handy for a fraudster! Someone with a card reader, or employee of the hotel, can access all that information with no problem whatsoever.
If you do fall a victim to credit card fraud here is useful information to limit the damage: Cancel your credit cards immediately using the toll free numbers which you should have with you at all times.
Report the theft/fraud to the local police station. This proves to credit providers that you took all necessary steps to limit the damage and would be the first step in an investigation.
Here is the most important step: Call Trans union, Experian and Equifax credit reporting organizations to put a fraud alert on your name and social insurance number. If anybody attempts to use your card this alert will notify the vendor that the card user is a fraudster
Please follow these credit card fraud protection tips and get these preventative measures in place. Write down the fraud action plan on a piece of paper which should be kept on you at all times. It takes a bit of effort now but you may regret it later if you do nothing!
Category: Information Bureaus
- SmartGuy Tops 50,000 in Global Internet Engagement
- SmartGuy®️ introduces Free Phone App
- SmartGuy® Completes New Platform
- SmartGuy Now Surpasses 145,000 Businesses
- SmartGuy Now Manages 20,000 City Business Networks
- How Businesses Rank High on Google INSTANTLY
- Removing Scratches and Stains from Wood Flooring
- Find the Best Janitorial Cleaning - Commercial and Office
- How to Find a Good Plumber
- Whats the best color for a car or truck
- What A Boiler Service Does
- Buying Furs Does Not Have To Be Intimidating
- How Much Does Lawn Treatment Cost
- What Is The Best Roof To Install On Your Home
- What Are Top Administrative Executive Duties and Responsibilities
- What Are Top Investment Executive Qualifications and Responsibilities
- Finding the Best Health Clubs - How they Compare
- Which Alcohol has the Fewest Calories - Healthiest
- Kitchen Food Pantry a Great Place to Store Items
- What is a Square Meter Conversions
- Finding the Best Refrigerator Repairmen Are Reviews Important
- Refrigerator Repair Service Choose the Best for your Appliances
- What is The Difference Between 1080i And 1080p on TVs
- Best Adventure Trekking Company Holidays in Nepal
- How Long Does Reglazing a Tub Last and How Does it Work
- Medical Tourism Information and Where to go