Credit Card Fraud Protection Tips
Credit card fraud is widespread nowadays and you need to more careful than ever to protect your personal and credit card details. Here are some credit card fraud protection tips to help you minimize your risk. Just remember, there is always somebody waiting for you to slip up so follow the hints below rigorously protect yourself:
When you order checks have only your initials (instead of first name) and last name written on them. If someone steals your checkbook, they will not know if you sign your checks with just your initials or your first name, but your bank will know. <LI>Do not sign the back of credit cards. Instead, put "PHOTO ID REQUIRED."
When you are writing checks for credit card bills, DO NOT put the complete account number on the "For" line. Instead, only write the last four numbers. The credit card company knows the number. Otherwise anyone handling your check will have access to your account number
Put your work phone # on your checks instead of your home phone and use a PO Box address rather than your home address. If you do not have a PO Box, use your work address. Do not print your SIN number on your checks. You can add it if it is necessary.
Photocopy the contents of your wallet. Copy both sides of each license, credit card, etc. This will remind you of the contents of your wallet should it be stolen. Also copy phone numbers to contact in the event of theft and carry a photocopy of your passport when traveling abroad
When you check out of a hotel that uses cards for keys you should not hand the cards over to reception. Instead you should destroy them as these cards contain details of your address and credit card number etc. very handy for a fraudster! Someone with a card reader, or employee of the hotel, can access all that information with no problem whatsoever.
If you do fall a victim to credit card fraud here is useful information to limit the damage: Cancel your credit cards immediately using the toll free numbers which you should have with you at all times.
Report the theft/fraud to the local police station. This proves to credit providers that you took all necessary steps to limit the damage and would be the first step in an investigation.
Here is the most important step: Call Trans union, Experian and Equifax credit reporting organizations to put a fraud alert on your name and social insurance number. If anybody attempts to use your card this alert will notify the vendor that the card user is a fraudster
Please follow these credit card fraud protection tips and get these preventative measures in place. Write down the fraud action plan on a piece of paper which should be kept on you at all times. It takes a bit of effort now but you may regret it later if you do nothing!
Category: Information Bureaus
- SmartGuy Gives Away Money LIVE Online Weekly
- SmartGuy Tops 50,000 in Global Internet Engagement
- SmartGuy Now Manages 20,000 City Business Networks
- SmartGuy® Completes New Platform
- SmartGuy Now Surpasses 145,000 Businesses
- Gift Shops Just About Everything In One Store
- Find the Best Mothers Day Gift
- Goal Setting Exercises and Activities What Are Some
- Finding The Best Commercial REITs How to Invest Wisely
- Where to Live in Brazil Best Places
- How to Keep Your Small Business Growing During the Coronavirus Slowdown
- Best Small Business Bloggers and Influencers
- Top Small Business Bloggers Top 40
- Bitcoin Basic Information FAQs
- How does Bitcoin make money
- How Difficult is it to Make a Bitcoin Payment
- What are the Advantages of Bitcoin
- How to Find a Good Business Opportunity
- Benefits Of The Quick Delivery Service
- Grow your SmartGuy City Business Network by 50-100 Businesses in the Next 60 Days
- Why are Youth Programs Important
- What is a Youth Development Program
- Best Business Networks Near Me
- Who Is Ron DeSantis and his Political Positions
- A Mans Desperate Attempt to Improve Mankind and Counter the Inevitability of Mans Demise