Control Mold and Mildew in Your Bathroom
Your bathroom surface has got a new shade - it's a mild pink, and at some spots, it's black. No, it's not some decoration; they are growths of mold and mildew! They simply love your bathroom. The dim lights, small space, humid environment, poor air flow, damp spots - it-s heaven for this fungus! And if you apply the rule "live and let live" in your bathroom, you'll pretty well see all the colors of rainbow on the surface in due course!
There's no doubt that this fungus comes in nice shades, but the sour odor that it leaves behind is not something you'd ever want in your bathroom.
6 Ways to Control Mold and Mildew in The Bathroom
- Switch on the bathroom fan. It pulls moisture and steam out from the air.
- If there’s a window in the bathroom, open it. It circulates the air.
- Turn on the bathroom lights before a bath and leave them on 15-20 minutes after the bath. Mildew hates light.
- After a bath, wipe the shower area or bathtub with a dry cloth.
- Always spread wet towels on the hanger or rod.
- Paint your bathroom with mildew proof paint. They are specifically designed for high-moisture areas.
How to Get Rid Of The Existing Mold And Mildew?
Ventilate the area well before starting the cleaning process. Wear rubber gloves. Mix one part chlorine bleach to five parts water. Use this mixture on bathroom surfaces. This kills bacteria while cleaning.
For the bathtub areas and shower, take a stiff brush and scrub the tiles and grout. If there are hard-to-reach corners in the bathroom, use a cotton ball soaked in bleach. Simply place them against the fungus and leave them there for 20 minutes. Then remove them and rinse the area.
Your shower curtains are another cozy place for mold and mildew to thrive. Wash them in water that has a cup of bleach added to it. This kills any fungus that is present on the curtains. After washing, soak the curtains in salt water. This prevents future formation of mold and mildew.
After each bath or shower, spray vinegar on the tiles and walls of the bath area. Keep your bathroom sparkling clean by using vinegar, bleach, or viable bathroom mildew cleaner.
Make sure the only shades that you see in your bathroom are that of paint, and not of mold and mildew!
Category: Const - Mold & Water Damage
- SmartGuy Gives Away Money LIVE Online Weekly
- SmartGuy Tops 50,000 in Global Internet Engagement
- SmartGuy Now Manages 20,000 City Business Networks
- SmartGuy Now Surpasses 145,000 Businesses
- SmartGuy® Completes New Platform
- Gift Shops Just About Everything In One Store
- Find the Best Mothers Day Gift
- Goal Setting Exercises and Activities What Are Some
- Finding The Best Commercial REITs How to Invest Wisely
- Where to Live in Brazil Best Places
- How to Keep Your Small Business Growing During the Coronavirus Slowdown
- Best Small Business Bloggers and Influencers
- Top Small Business Bloggers Top 40
- Bitcoin Basic Information FAQs
- How does Bitcoin make money
- How Difficult is it to Make a Bitcoin Payment
- What are the Advantages of Bitcoin
- How to Find a Good Business Opportunity
- Benefits Of The Quick Delivery Service
- Grow your SmartGuy City Business Network by 50-100 Businesses in the Next 60 Days
- Why are Youth Programs Important
- What is a Youth Development Program
- Best Business Networks Near Me
- Who Is Ron DeSantis and his Political Positions
- A Mans Desperate Attempt to Improve Mankind and Counter the Inevitability of Mans Demise