Concrete countertops how much to install
In case you have planned to install a luxury countertop in your kitchen, bathroom or other location, you need to select a material, like concrete. For 75 square feet of counter, materials total $5,000 on the low end, $7,500 average and $10,000 as a high. Cost per square foot ranges from $65 to $135. Installation rates vary between $30 and $90 per hour.
People often choose concrete for its modern feel and look. The ability to make a functional space that showcases your unique style cements this surfaces popularity for the modern home. These countertops rank high in cost for materials and installation, much more than granite, marble or quartz. The work required to create the counter itself calls for more skill than simply cutting stone. Do-it-yourself concrete countertops can be an option for experienced homeowners. But, given the skill and patience required, a professional may be the best choice for most people. But, how much is it to install concrete countertops?
Concrete Countertop Pricing Per Square Foot by Type
Choosing a cement countertop often means no limits on size, color and style. The rate for concrete counters ranges from $65-$135 per square foot. Most counters of this style for the home sit about 1.5 inches in width, with wider countertops generating higher expense. Specialty solid-surface materials may also weigh more, requiring additional support for cabinetry. Colors added during mixing, or stained into the concrete after curing, contribute additional charges.
The basic concrete countertop averages about $100 per square foot. Uncolored, unstained and unpolished, basic styles look like other types of concrete. Specifically, it features a matte appearance, in a somewhat mottled gray color.
Staining a countertop made of this material offers endless and custom design choices. The stain requires waiting for the surface to fully cure, which takes about 10 days. Experts typically charge $2 to $4 per square foot for simple staining, depending on the degree of complication. If you want an intricate design, you may pay up to $15 per square foot. This process usually happens once installation is complete. You can often arrange for staining with the same professional who installed the concrete or bring in another contractor after the fact. If you want to DIY this part of your project, you may find it reasonable to do.
White or Colored
Adding various colors to this material allows you to match the kitchen surfaces with your home décor. For example, many people love the look of a white concrete countertop. You can have colors added during the mixing process, or after curing with a dye-based application. Colored or white concrete increases the average cost by $4 to $6 per square foot, depending on the richness of the color you want.
Where to Buy Cement Countertops
If you go through a contractor, this person may pour the concrete themselves. They may also subcontract to someone else to build the countertop. Homeowners who want to DIY this project may find all the materials they need at their local home improvement store. If you pay for custom design and installation, your contractor will take care of the materials for you.
Which Is Cheaper/More Expensive?
As a rule, granite (in slab or tile form) stands as the least expensive choice. Granite costs around $2,000 to $3,000 just for a full slab, compared to about $7,500 for concrete. Cost of the material per square foot accounts for the largest price different between the installation projects.
DIY vs. Hiring a Pro
Starting a DIY concrete project requires a tiny portion of the expense of hiring a professional. But, building this kind of countertop demands absolute precision. You must understand how to remove the old counter. As soon as you pour it, the surface begins to dry and the clock ticks away to fix any errors. If you feel confident in your ability to mix and manage cement, you could find this DIY project a good challenge. Others might decide that hiring a countertop contractor saves them a lot of time and stress.
- SmartGuy Now Manages 20,000 City Business Networks
- SmartGuy Now Surpasses 145,000 Businesses
- SmartGuy® Completes New Platform
- SmartGuy Gives Away Money LIVE Online Weekly
- How Businesses Rank High on Google INSTANTLY
- SmartGuy Tops 50,000 in Global Internet Engagement
- Traffic School Lawyers Why Important
- Cheap Car Insurance for Modified Cars
- Qualifications Needed to Become an Electrician
- Kitchen Pantry Designs For Storage or Display
- The Best Liquor Stores Near Me - Which Delivers
- Finding the Best Computer Repair
- Forever Living Brings You Natural Health and Beauty Products
- Finding Best Offshore Discount Broker
- Flood Clean Up - Who to Call
- Party Rentals Can Make a Party Fun For All
- Finding the Best Mortgage Companies Do Reviews Matter
- Which Pizza is Best Dominos Papa Johns or Little Caesars
- Live in Malta- What You Must Know
- Common Supplies for Dogs and Cats How Many Does Your Pet Have
- The 10 Greatest Mercedes-Benz Cars of All Time
- Are Electricians Expensive What do They Charge Per Hour
- How to get rid of crabgrass from your lawn
- Find the Best Vegan Restaurant near Me How to Choose
- What are the Advantages of Bitcoin
- Benefits Of The Quick Delivery Service