Common Auto Air Conditioning Problems and What to do
Most people do not provide much attention to their car’s AC system until they have a problem. Much like any other problem in life, really. There is a list of problems that could arise with the AC’s function. It might take too long to condition the air inside the car, or that the car windows are not defogging adequately. Before that cause you much trouble and cost, let’s take a look at some common auto air conditioning problems and what to do.
Air not Cooling
There are three major reasons which might impede proper cooling. First, your refrigerant level might be low. Your condenser might have broken. And third, the compressor might have damaged belt, idle valves, inactive pressure or defective clutch.
You might want to check for your compressor engagement. When the AC is turned on, the magnetic clutch of the compressor should engage. If it is not, then the wiring problem or a blown a fuse might be the cause of the problem. Cooling might be restored for the time being when the fuse is replaced. However, you should try to identify the undergirding reason for the blown a fuse so as to avoid the same situation in the future.
Also, check for the system pressure. You might need AC service gauges to check the pressure. Attach the service gauges to the service fittings. In case both the high and low side pressure gauges are low, then you might want to recharge the system. Make sure you check for leaks when adding any refrigerant, so you know where the refrigerant is leaking too.
A dying compressor is usually where the noise comes from. However, some of the other causes of this noise include a wrong lubricant or the cross-contaminated refrigerant. You might have some loosely held parts which are making the noise.
You might want to change the compressor as it is dying out. Pinpoint the source of the noise by checking the hoses and support brackets.
Moisture within the Vehicle
A common cause for moisture inside the car is that your air conditioning system has some debris in it or it has locked the moisture in.
When that happens, you might want to flush the condenser, evaporator, and hoses with an approved chemical. This chemical removes the sludge, which is a black goo that can damage the compressor, from the AC system. When the system becomes contaminated, you should replace the receiver-drier or the accumulator.
The smell in the car might be due to the fact that the AC system hasn’t been turned on for a while. This causes the microorganisms to accumulate in the system and thereby producing that foul odor.
You can spray chemicals on the evaporator; you can use blower ducts to spray the chemicals. If the problem is recurrent, you could have those evaporators which already have a coating of anti-bacterial chemical on them and so it impedes the mold growth. Drainage tubes should also be inspected and cleaned.
AC system is sometimes leaking with refrigerant. This harms not only the environment but also the engine of the car.
There are few methods through which you can check the leaks. The older R-12 systems are easy to be assessed with the wet spots and the oil stains. The signs of the leaks are not so visible on the newer systems.
You can check for leaks by using a special dye to the AC system. These dyes come mixed with refrigerants. Next, you will be needing is an electronic leak detector or you just might use soapy water which will come up with bubbles to suggest leaks. Most leaks could be solved with the replacement of hoses, seals or O-rings. But you are in for expensive repairs for when the condenser or evaporator is leaking.
While there are many common auto air conditioning problems you might experience, we hope these solutions might help some of them.
Category: Auto Air Conditioning
- SmartGuy®️ introduces Free Phone App
- SmartGuy® Completes New Platform
- SmartGuy Tops 50,000 in Global Internet Engagement
- SmartGuy Now Manages 20,000 City Business Networks
- How Businesses Rank High on Google INSTANTLY
- SmartGuy Now Surpasses 145,000 Businesses
- Parts of a Chimney - How to Fix Problems
- How to Find and Hire the Best Carpet Cleaners
- Service Ratings An Important Way to Find the Best Professional
- Medical Lab Testing What Do They Do
- How to Get Cheap Auto Insurance At 18
- Physical Therapy Understanding the Most Common Reasons and What it Involves
- Finding the Best Chinese Restaurants Menu and Delivery
- Hidden Cameras Can Be Great for Security
- The Video Transfer Made Easy
- Life in the DR Living in the Dominican Republic
- To Live in Chile Is it for you
- What Audio and Video Services are Available
- Should Someone Mix Old Roof Shingles With the New Ones
- How long do roofs last How to save money
- Retirement Calculator Which Website Offers the Best
- Find the Best Casual Restaurant Near me How to Choose
- Popular Fine Dining Restaurants Near Me What Makes Them So Fine
- Free Images of Space Nasa as Makes Entire Media Library Accessible for Free
- Find High Quality Sunglasses
- Who Is Ron DeSantis and his Political Positions