Best Way to Clean Hardwood Floors
Installing hardwood flooring in your home is one thing, while maintaining it is quite another. This flooring will sure make your house feels like home but you will need to know how to take care of it. You will need to know how to maintain this type of floor if you are to do a good job of protecting the investment you have made for the floor. This is one reason why you will need to know the best way to clean hardwood floors. Cleaning is one of the most important means for you to maintain and care for your hardwood floor.
In maintaining a hardwood floor, you will need to know the role that a floor mat plays. Dirt and dust will no doubt scratch and damage your hardwood floor whenever any amount of force is exerted on them. Floor mats placed on entry doors will encourage anyone getting into the house or rooms to wipe off their feet before entering the house. This means that most of the dirt and dust will stay on the floor mat which you can dispose of later. You can also place a floor mat or rug where there is a high likelihood of water spilling, such as in the kitchen or near sinks. This prevents damage to the floor by moisture.
This is one best way to clean hardwood floors with floor mats that are specifically made for hardwood floors coming in different types. Do not use the non-ventilated as well the rubber-baked types which can damage the floor. Also make a point of shaking the mats regularly. It is supposed to be your responsibility fully to ensure that the cleanliness and appearance of the floor is maintained. The lifespan of the hardwood floor will partly be determined by how much care you give to it.
Broom quality is another best way to clean hardwood floors. Buy a high quality broom if your goal is to maintain the beauty of your hardwood floor. Sweep the floor regularly so as to get rid of the dirt and dust and any other small particles. The other way of taking care of these tiny particles is by using a vacuum cleaner which does not require a lot of work other than holding it and just letting it glide across the floor. If you want to clean between the boards and other areas that are hard to reach, you can use a vacuum cleaner that does not have a beater.
There are other ways through which deep cleaning is done though all of them will have to depend on the finish and installation of the particular floor. The best way to clean hardwood floors that require deep cleaning is to use an 8 by 14 inches terry mop that has a rotating head. This way, cleaning the corners, base boards and even below the cabinet will not be a hard task. There are cleaning products that floor specialists recommend which you can use to get rid of spills and stains without interfering with the floor's finish.
You can look at the manufacturers' guidelines to see what they recommend for finished hardwood floors from their own range of products that you can use for regular products. Your manufacturer should have complete information regarding the products which you can take full advantage of. The best way to clean hardwood floors that have started to look lifeless and dull is to do screening and coating. When you screen, it means you are grinding down the polyurethane finish of the floor after which you apply the fresh coats of urethane. This will leave your hardwood floor looking new.
Category: Floors - Hardwood
- SmartGuy Now Surpasses 145,000 Businesses
- SmartGuy Now Manages 20,000 City Business Networks
- SmartGuy Tops 50,000 in Global Internet Engagement
- SmartGuy® Completes New Platform
- SmartGuy Gives Away Money LIVE Online Weekly
- How Businesses Rank High on Google INSTANTLY
- Traffic School Lawyers Why Important
- Cheap Car Insurance for Modified Cars
- Qualifications Needed to Become an Electrician
- Kitchen Pantry Designs For Storage or Display
- The Best Liquor Stores Near Me - Which Delivers
- Finding the Best Computer Repair
- Forever Living Brings You Natural Health and Beauty Products
- Finding Best Offshore Discount Broker
- Flood Clean Up - Who to Call
- Party Rentals Can Make a Party Fun For All
- Finding the Best Mortgage Companies Do Reviews Matter
- Which Pizza is Best Dominos Papa Johns or Little Caesars
- Live in Malta- What You Must Know
- Common Supplies for Dogs and Cats How Many Does Your Pet Have
- The 10 Greatest Mercedes-Benz Cars of All Time
- Are Electricians Expensive What do They Charge Per Hour
- How to get rid of crabgrass from your lawn
- Find the Best Vegan Restaurant near Me How to Choose
- What are the Advantages of Bitcoin
- Benefits Of The Quick Delivery Service