KEMBA Louisville Credit Union was chartered by the Commonwealth of Kentucky on May 3, 1934. The Credit Union was one of 16 credit unions formed in 1934 to serve the employees, family members and retirees of the The Kroger Company's Louisville Marketing Area.
The first Credit Union office was located in the Kroger complex on Garland Street in Louisville. Then in 1959, the office moved to a location on Crittenden Drive.
In 1993, the Credit Union moved into its current office on Poplar Level Road. Complete with drive-thru and several teller-windows, this new facility enabled the Credit Union to grow and serve members with additional services and become the full-service financial institution it is today.