What do Animal Shelters do for Dogs and Cats
Ever wonder what do Animal Shelters do for Dogs and Cats? People have different understanding of what basically an animal shelter is. Animal shelters or ponds are in general places where abandoned, surrendered, stray and lost animals are rehabilitated. Most of these unwanted animals are usually cats and dogs. What do Animal Shelters do for Dogs and Cats?
Shelters generally take in all animals and thereby are majorly overcrowded. Shelters operate with a no-kill policy but at time when animals go beyond control, or are in miserable situations; it’s considered better to put them to sleep forever rather than letting them loose.
The life that the animal – be it the cat or the dog (since they are found in majority in the animal shelters), spends in the animal shelter plays a dominant role in shaping and/or changing their personalities. When any potential pet parent plans to adopt a pet, they should make sure that the kitty or the dog have stayed in a good animal shelter.
The life and well-being of an animal is equally important like any of the human beings’. A good animal shelter makes sure that:
- They groom the cats and dogs to stay friendly and try to rid them off the fear that they carry in their minds due to the inflictions upon them in the past. This is due to the fact that the caretakers in the shelter look after the animals with the implication of sending them off to a family who would cherish and nurture them – thus training them likewise.
- Provide for the cats and dogs, an opportunity to interact with the human beings through the initiation of volunteering programs by individuals who would spend time with them and make them feel loved.
- Ensure that the animals are treated with care and love by the regular staff. Also, that they are kept in hygienic and humane conditions. The place where they live should be comfortable, clean, dry and free from insects and fleas.
- The shelter should arrange for grooming classes and activities that would reduce the stress for the dogs and the cats. This can also be in the form of exercise programs and sessions to cater behavioral issues.
- A through assessment should be made of their physical and psychological health. Also, a proper vaccination schedule should be followed for them to make sure that they are also safe for every other animal and human beings around them.
- The animal shelters should try and stop uncontrolled breeding that actually results in pet overpopulation.
Not only can they do much for the cats and the dogs when they are in the shelters, but they can also run awareness programs regarding animal brutality with persuasive techniques to make people accountable for their actions and also to encourage sense of responsibility among them.
What makes us focus more on the feline and dogs is the fact that in today’s world, they live in the closest proximity to human beings. Owing to this, they are subjected to tortures more than any another animal and in turn end up in the shelters more. Lastly, any animal shelter shall be considered successful if they are able to send more cats and dogs to a loving family rather than putting them to sleep. Without any doubt there are many animal shelters who subject the poor souls to more torture than before. But the catch here is, that if the animal shelters who follow the ethical and moral standards, come about as a positive example and commend against such brutal practices, this realm of prejudice and pain shall end.
Category: Animal Shelters
- SmartGuy® Completes New Platform
- SmartGuy Now Surpasses 145,000 Businesses
- SmartGuy Tops 50,000 in Global Internet Engagement
- SmartGuy Now Manages 20,000 City Business Networks
- SmartGuy®️ introduces Free Phone App
- How Businesses Rank High on Google INSTANTLY
- How To Find A Good Plumber For Every Situation
- How To Consolidate Your Debt - Lower Your Payments
- How Much Is Auto Insurance a month
- How Much is Long Term Care Insurance and Who Needs it
- Loan Settlement Structure Charges and Agreements
- Photographers for Those Special Occasions
- Live in Paris Where to Go and What to See
- What Audio and Video Services are Available
- Your Guide to Find the Best Roofers and What you Need to Ask Them
- This is when you need to replace your roof
- Are Electricians Expensive What do They Charge Per Hour
- How to Find the Cheapest Plumber
- Action Steps to get Past the Coronavirus as well as Future Pandemics
- Best Car Rentals Locations Near Me
- Find High Quality Sunglasses
- Bitcoin Basic Information FAQs
- What are the Advantages of Bitcoin
- What is a Good Business Opportunity
- Grow your SmartGuy City Business Network by 50-100 Businesses in the Next 60 Days
- A Mans Desperate Attempt to Improve Mankind and Counter the Inevitability of Mans Demise