What do Animal Shelters do for Dogs and Cats
Ever wonder what do Animal Shelters do for Dogs and Cats? People have different understanding of what basically an animal shelter is. Animal shelters or ponds are in general places where abandoned, surrendered, stray and lost animals are rehabilitated. Most of these unwanted animals are usually cats and dogs. What do Animal Shelters do for Dogs and Cats?
Shelters generally take in all animals and thereby are majorly overcrowded. Shelters operate with a no-kill policy but at time when animals go beyond control, or are in miserable situations; it’s considered better to put them to sleep forever rather than letting them loose.
The life that the animal – be it the cat or the dog (since they are found in majority in the animal shelters), spends in the animal shelter plays a dominant role in shaping and/or changing their personalities. When any potential pet parent plans to adopt a pet, they should make sure that the kitty or the dog have stayed in a good animal shelter.
The life and well-being of an animal is equally important like any of the human beings’. A good animal shelter makes sure that:
- They groom the cats and dogs to stay friendly and try to rid them off the fear that they carry in their minds due to the inflictions upon them in the past. This is due to the fact that the caretakers in the shelter look after the animals with the implication of sending them off to a family who would cherish and nurture them – thus training them likewise.
- Provide for the cats and dogs, an opportunity to interact with the human beings through the initiation of volunteering programs by individuals who would spend time with them and make them feel loved.
- Ensure that the animals are treated with care and love by the regular staff. Also, that they are kept in hygienic and humane conditions. The place where they live should be comfortable, clean, dry and free from insects and fleas.
- The shelter should arrange for grooming classes and activities that would reduce the stress for the dogs and the cats. This can also be in the form of exercise programs and sessions to cater behavioral issues.
- A through assessment should be made of their physical and psychological health. Also, a proper vaccination schedule should be followed for them to make sure that they are also safe for every other animal and human beings around them.
- The animal shelters should try and stop uncontrolled breeding that actually results in pet overpopulation.
Not only can they do much for the cats and the dogs when they are in the shelters, but they can also run awareness programs regarding animal brutality with persuasive techniques to make people accountable for their actions and also to encourage sense of responsibility among them.
What makes us focus more on the feline and dogs is the fact that in today’s world, they live in the closest proximity to human beings. Owing to this, they are subjected to tortures more than any another animal and in turn end up in the shelters more. Lastly, any animal shelter shall be considered successful if they are able to send more cats and dogs to a loving family rather than putting them to sleep. Without any doubt there are many animal shelters who subject the poor souls to more torture than before. But the catch here is, that if the animal shelters who follow the ethical and moral standards, come about as a positive example and commend against such brutal practices, this realm of prejudice and pain shall end.
Category: Animal Shelters
- How to meditate
- How to write a cover letter
- What to do on a first date
- What is the meaning of life
- How to get a passport
- Mind Balance Free Education Platform
- How to become more communicative
- How to become more stress tolerant
- How to become more courageous
- How to become more analytical
- Unlocking Happiness and Success- Effective Positive Thinking Techniques
- Building a Positive Attitude - Strategies for a Happier and More Fulfilling Life
- Overcoming Negative Thoughts - Strategies for a Positive Mindset
- Boosting Self-Confidence and Self-Esteem - Your Path to Empowerment
- Stress Management Strategies-Your Roadmap to a Calmer and Healthier Life
- Mind Balance - for those who dare to redefine their limits
- Teenagers are rushing to MindBalance rather than wasting time on TikTok
- 50 ways to be more like Jesus in everyday life
- Take the Wheel-Navigating Life Beyond the Screen
- Three Sentences from a Billionaire That Changed My Life and Made Me Millions