Steak au Poivre Recipe Direct from France
This Steak au Poivre recipe comes from an old recipe. So here it is, enjoy!
The Ingrediants to make Steak au Poivre
5 tenderloin steaks, 6 to 8 ounces each and no more than 2 inches thick
2 tablespoons whole peppercorns
1.5 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/3 cup Cognac
1 cup heavy cream
The process to cook Steak au Poivre
Remove the steaks from the refrigerator 1 hour prior to cooking. Sprinkle all sides with salt. Coarsely crush the peppercorns and spread them evenly onto a plate. Then, press the fillets, on both sides, into the pepper until it coats the surface and set them aside.
In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and olive oil. As soon as the butter and oil begin to turn a golden brown, gently place the steaks in the pan. For medium-rare, cook for 4 minutes on each side. Once done, remove the steaks to a plate, cover with foil and set aside. Pour off the excess fat but do not wipe or scrape the pan clean.
Then (away from the heat) add 1/3 cup of Cognac to the pan and carefully ignite the alcohol with a long match or fire stick - be careful, I have seen here do this and it's a bit scarry. Gently shake pan until the flames die. Return the pan to medium heat and add the cream. Bring the mixture to a boil and whisk for about 5 minutes until the sauce coats the back of a spoon. Add the teaspoon of Cognac and season, to taste, with salt. Add the steaks back to the pan and spoon the sauce over.
Amazing! I have had Steak au Poivre at many restaurants but none as good as this. Enjoy!
Category: Restaurant - Steak
- SmartGuy Now Surpasses 145,000 Businesses
- SmartGuy Tops 50,000 in Global Internet Engagement
- SmartGuy®️ introduces Free Phone App
- How Businesses Rank High on Google INSTANTLY
- SmartGuy Now Manages 20,000 City Business Networks
- SmartGuy® Completes New Platform
- A Mans Desperate Attempt to Improve Mankind and Counter the Inevitability of Mans Demise
- Risks of Artificial Intelligence
- What Are The Four Types of AI
- What is Theory of Mind
- What are Intelligent Agents and How are They Used in AI
- What are Neural Networks and How Do They Relate to AI
- What is Deep Learning and How Does It Relate to AI
- Why is Image Recognition a Key Function of AI
- What is Automatic Programming
- What are Constraint Satisfaction Problems
- What are some common misunderstandings about AI
- How Does the Strong AI Differ From the Weak AI
- How Many Different Kinds of Agents Exist in Artificial Intelligence
- What is a Chatbot
- What is Artificial Intelligence
- What are Different Platforms for Artificial Intelligence Development
- What is the Future of Artificial Intelligence
- If you are starting a new business how Will you use AI to promote your business
- How Do Face Detection Systems Work
- Can AI Data be Manipulated by Others