Steak au Poivre Recipe Direct from France
This Steak au Poivre recipe comes from an old recipe. So here it is, enjoy!
The Ingrediants to make Steak au Poivre
5 tenderloin steaks, 6 to 8 ounces each and no more than 2 inches thick
2 tablespoons whole peppercorns
1.5 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/3 cup Cognac
1 cup heavy cream
The process to cook Steak au Poivre
Remove the steaks from the refrigerator 1 hour prior to cooking. Sprinkle all sides with salt. Coarsely crush the peppercorns and spread them evenly onto a plate. Then, press the fillets, on both sides, into the pepper until it coats the surface and set them aside.
In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and olive oil. As soon as the butter and oil begin to turn a golden brown, gently place the steaks in the pan. For medium-rare, cook for 4 minutes on each side. Once done, remove the steaks to a plate, cover with foil and set aside. Pour off the excess fat but do not wipe or scrape the pan clean.
Then (away from the heat) add 1/3 cup of Cognac to the pan and carefully ignite the alcohol with a long match or fire stick - be careful, I have seen here do this and it's a bit scarry. Gently shake pan until the flames die. Return the pan to medium heat and add the cream. Bring the mixture to a boil and whisk for about 5 minutes until the sauce coats the back of a spoon. Add the teaspoon of Cognac and season, to taste, with salt. Add the steaks back to the pan and spoon the sauce over.
Amazing! I have had Steak au Poivre at many restaurants but none as good as this. Enjoy!
Category: Restaurant - Steak
- How to meditate
- How to write a cover letter
- What to do on a first date
- What is the meaning of life
- How to get a passport
- Mind Balance Free Education Platform
- How to become more communicative
- How to become more stress tolerant
- How to become more courageous
- How to become more analytical
- Unlocking Happiness and Success- Effective Positive Thinking Techniques
- Building a Positive Attitude - Strategies for a Happier and More Fulfilling Life
- Overcoming Negative Thoughts - Strategies for a Positive Mindset
- Boosting Self-Confidence and Self-Esteem - Your Path to Empowerment
- Stress Management Strategies-Your Roadmap to a Calmer and Healthier Life
- Mind Balance - for those who dare to redefine their limits
- Teenagers are rushing to MindBalance rather than wasting time on TikTok
- 50 ways to be more like Jesus in everyday life
- Take the Wheel-Navigating Life Beyond the Screen
- Three Sentences from a Billionaire That Changed My Life and Made Me Millions