Medical Tourism Information and Where to go
Looking for medical tourism information and where to go? Medical tourism is a term to describe people who travel to a country other than their own in order to obtain medical treatment. Traditionally, this usually referred to those who traveled from less-developed countries to major medical centers in various highly developed countries for treatment unavailable at their home. Yet, in recent years, it has become more commonly occurring by those who travel to developing countries for lower-priced medical treatments. The motivation may also be as a result of the demand from those seeking medical tourism information or medical services unavailable or illegal in the their home country.
Medical Tourism Common Treatments
Medical tourism is most common for cosmetic or similar surgeries, though people also travel for dental tourism or fertility tourism. Often, people with rare conditions travel to countries where the treatment is better understood. However, virtually all types of health care are available, including psychiatry, alternative medicine, convalescent care, and even burial services.
Health tourism, on the other hand, is a more general term for travel that focus on medical treatments more specifically for the use of healthcare services. It covers a wide field of health-oriented, tourism ranging from preventive and health-conductive treatment to rehabilitation and curative forms. Statistically, millions of people travel abroad for the purpose of medical treatment, whether from dental work to major heart surgery all done at a fraction of the cost back home.
Medical Tourism as an industry
The industry of medical tourism brings in billions of dollars a year worldwide, an industry that formed as a result of the ever increasing health care costs, especially in the United States. One of the main theories for this is on the closed system of procedure and drug pricing which does not allow for free market competition, so when prices rise they don't go back down. This can be due to other factors like exaggerated insurance billing malpractice lawsuits and infrequent but serious doctor visits.
Medical Tourism cost savings
In terms of savings, according to a heart bypass in the USA can cost more than $100,000, however, that same heart bypass procedure could run less than $5,000 in Mexico. As a result, a this becomes a viable and beneficial alternative for Americans those individuals without health insurance or who have high deductibles.
Medical Tourism destinations
The most common medical tourism destinations include Thailand, Mexico, India and Cuba. In many of these developing countries, medical tourism represents a very lucrative and growing source of economic revenue.
If you are interested in finding out more about medical tourism information, or where to go, simply click on the questions tab below.
Category: Alternative Medicine
- SmartGuy Now Manages 20,000 City Business Networks
- SmartGuy Now Surpasses 145,000 Businesses
- How Businesses Rank High on Google INSTANTLY
- SmartGuy® Completes New Platform
- SmartGuy®️ introduces Free Phone App
- SmartGuy Tops 50,000 in Global Internet Engagement
- How To Find A Good Plumber For Every Situation
- How To Consolidate Your Debt - Lower Your Payments
- How Much Is Auto Insurance a month
- How Much is Long Term Care Insurance and Who Needs it
- Loan Settlement Structure Charges and Agreements
- Photographers for Those Special Occasions
- Live in Paris Where to Go and What to See
- What Audio and Video Services are Available
- Your Guide to Find the Best Roofers and What you Need to Ask Them
- This is when you need to replace your roof
- Are Electricians Expensive What do They Charge Per Hour
- How to Find the Cheapest Plumber
- Action Steps to get Past the Coronavirus as well as Future Pandemics
- Best Car Rentals Locations Near Me
- Find High Quality Sunglasses
- Bitcoin Basic Information FAQs
- What are the Advantages of Bitcoin
- What is a Good Business Opportunity
- Grow your SmartGuy City Business Network by 50-100 Businesses in the Next 60 Days
- A Mans Desperate Attempt to Improve Mankind and Counter the Inevitability of Mans Demise