Goal Setting Exercises and Activities What Are Some
Many motivational speakers can outline to you the importance of setting goals to succeed in life. You can also learn many goal setting exercises and activities from them regardless of your age. Setting the best goals can determine whether you will succeed in your endeavor or not. If you were given a lot of money, for instance, will you spend it wisely or waste it? Some games and activities can help you come up with better goal setting strategies that will increase your chances of success.
One of the exercises and activities conjured for goal setting you can carry out is the goal board game. This game is great if you want to figure out the steps you need to reach a certain goal. It is supposed to help you visualize success. You could make a board game containing empty spaces around the board. The first space is your current situation and the final space reflects the goal you are trying to achieve. You will have to move systematically to reach the goal but you must set up logical strategies. You may liken the steps to small or major life's decisions.
One of the most effective goal setting exercises and activities ever involves a long lost friend. The game is efficient in weighing your progress in life at the moment and your vision for the future. It involves you role-playing and imagining what would happen if you encounter an inquisitive old friend.
Your old friend is supposed to ask you many direct and sensitive questions about your life. The friend asks you about your job, interests, spouse, where you live, the kind of car you drive, your plans, and what you have given up. You would normally give responses to such questions after careful introspection. For that reason, you should think carefully but not very long, because a conversation would require quick responses.
In this exercise, you should write down the answers to those questions. When you finish, you should again imagine meeting the same friend after a couple of years. You should answer the same questions with the answers you would likely give in those years. You should not be surprised that the answers will change because people shift goals after some time. However, the answers should not produce a very big change.
Achieving your goals can be challenging owing to the kind of support or criticisms you encounter. Some people will literally shred your goals into pieces, discouraging you and preventing you from achieving your set objectives. You could play a game that teaches people to appreciate others' goals and encourages them. This requires a group setting in which one person shares his or her goals and another member replies with a word of praise before giving suggestions on how that goal can be achieved. Each member can also contribute after saying something positive, such as "that's great," "what a wonderful idea," or "that's awesome." For this game to be effective, the members of the group must be comfortable around each other.
One of the most-popular goal setting exercises and activities is the one involving money. People normally judge success according to how much money they or others possess. You can also fail to achieve your goals because of the excuse that you did not have money. The purpose of this activity is to dispel that notion. You can start by imagining that you have just won a million dollars. You should then enumerate the things you would use the money to do within a certain period such as the first week, month, or year. When the list is complete, you should start thinking of how you can accomplish those goals without using the money.
Category: Public Speaker
- Americas Confusion and The Cost of Crying Wolf
- Fear Of Public Speaking Our 1 Fear Is Talking To Someone Else
- Prison Systems Outsourcing to Mexico
- Democrat Vs Republican
- SmartGuy Now Surpasses 145,000 Businesses
- SmartGuy® Completes New Platform
- SmartGuy Tops 50,000 in Global Internet Engagement
- SmartGuy Now Manages 20,000 City Business Networks
- How Businesses Rank High on Google INSTANTLY
- SmartGuy Gives Away Money LIVE Online Weekly
- How to Be a Top Mortgage Executive
- How to Find a Physician Assistant Position
- How Can You Learn Cake Decorating?
- What An ENT Specialist Can Do For You
- What the Real Cost of a DUI
- Getting an Accounting Degree - Who to Call
- Finding Best 3 Day Car Insurance
- Finding the Best Traffic School - Who is it
- Slab Leak Detection Cost and Equipment
- What Is The Best Roof To Install On Your Home
- Find Best Hard Money Loans - Bad Credit Rates
- Finding the Best Property Surveyor
- Baume and Mercier Watches Reviews Prices for Sale Men Women
- Live in a Tree Treehouses for Adults
- How to Find a good Real Estate Agent
- Best Business Opportunities in 2019
- Common Questions to Ask When Looking For a Good Doctor
- Installing Wood Flooring Over Concrete How to Do It Right
- How to Get Rid Of Gnats around Your Home
- How to Choose the Best Jewelry Designer