Car Safety A Real Lifesaver
Car safety is an absolute necessity for drivers; it should be an absolute right for passengers. Vehicular accidents are the number one killer globally, claiming over a million people's lives annually. They are also the leading cause of the death of children, particularly in ages 3-19. Many safety features, such as seat belts, have existed for decades, but it only lately that people have universally begun to use them (air bags, to give another example, are deployed far more often, and with more safety, these days than previously).
The one thing every driver needs to know, is the safety of the vehicle they are driving. This information is found on numerous car safety ratings websites, such as Cars.com. Anyone concerned with safety issues about the make, model and year of automobile they are using should visit one of these sites, as soon as possible, to discover not only the car safety rating for your vehicle, but the listings for the safest cars on the market.
There are different methods used to determine car safety. The first is the crash test. In the crash test, vehicles are deliberately wrecked against a hard object (such as a pillar) in order to determine the variables involved in a crash with that particular model, and the chances of the occupants of the car walking away from the wreckage unharmed.
It is worth noting that fewer new cars are giving Good to Best ratings in crash testings; their particular weakness seems to lie in their ratings for Roof-strength (will the roof cave in if the vehicle rolls, for instance). Check your newer vehicle against these listings to see if it possesses this weakness.
Another method of determining vehicular safety is the vehicle safety recall. There are a number of websites that will tell you if your vehicle has a recall because of defective equipment, a reflexive action that creates an undesirable effect (the accelerator sticking at certain speeds, for example, a situation that has more than once proved deadly), or a particular body part or feature that is deemed hazardous. When you visit the website, youll be prompted to enter year, make and model of your vehicle; it will let you know if you have anything to worry about.
Other safety features that are important include anti-lock brakes (on icy roads, these are a necessity) and electronic stability control, a recent feature that modifies the "drift" of a vehicle. Obviously, if you are carrying children you'll want to seat them legally and properly, in anchored, tethered seats especially designed for infants and youngsters.
Finally, a visit to the website for Consumer Reports.org will yield excellent information, as this website pulls no punches as far as rating the safety, or hazards, of any particular make or model on the road. Their website includes extensive safety comparisons, worst case scenarios and a complete run-down of your own vehicle's safety ratings.
So use all your features, and know your safety information. Car safety could turn out to be a life-saver for you and your passengers.
- Finding the Best Traffic School - Who is it
- Car Mechanics and Car Mechanic Schools
- List of The Most Expensive Cars
- Car Detailing Can Make Your Older Car Look New Again
- What Are Factory Horsepower Ratings
- How to Find the Best Auto Repair with a Payment Plan
- Auto Body Repair Basics
- Lease Vs Buying an Auto - Compare Costs
- Car Repair Where to Go and What to Expect
- How Using GPS Technology Can Increase Your Sales
- How Important Is Tire Inflation Recommended Pressure
- Car Repair Estimates and How are Costs Calculated
- How to Donate a Car - Who to Call
- Finding the Best Car Donation - Tax Deductions
- How to Sell Your Car Quickly Online
- How to Remove a Bumper Sticker from a Car or Truck
- What to do when the service light comes on in your car
- Common Automotive Questions Find Answers
- How Businesses Rank High on Google INSTANTLY
- SmartGuy Gives Away Money LIVE Online Weekly
- SmartGuy® Completes New Platform
- SmartGuy Now Manages 20,000 City Business Networks
- SmartGuy Tops 50,000 in Global Internet Engagement
- SmartGuy Now Surpasses 145,000 Businesses
- How to Be a Top Mortgage Executive
- How to Find a Physician Assistant Position
- How Can You Learn Cake Decorating?
- What An ENT Specialist Can Do For You
- What the Real Cost of a DUI
- Getting an Accounting Degree - Who to Call
- Finding Best 3 Day Car Insurance
- Finding the Best Traffic School - Who is it
- Slab Leak Detection Cost and Equipment
- What Is The Best Roof To Install On Your Home
- Find Best Hard Money Loans - Bad Credit Rates
- Finding the Best Property Surveyor
- Baume and Mercier Watches Reviews Prices for Sale Men Women
- Live in a Tree Treehouses for Adults
- How to Find a good Real Estate Agent
- Best Business Opportunities in 2019
- Common Questions to Ask When Looking For a Good Doctor
- Installing Wood Flooring Over Concrete How to Do It Right
- How to Get Rid Of Gnats around Your Home
- How to Choose the Best Jewelry Designer