Asbestos Siding Removal - How to do It?
Asbestos siding removal-how to do it? This might be a question that is giving you headache if you have asbestos siding in your home. Until 1989, companies were allowed to produce and sell asbestos siding and other products made of asbestos. However, asbestos products including siding were banned after its health effects were discovered.
It became apparent that many people developed serious health complications or problems by being or living in homes that had asbestos. Studies revealed that asbestos was producing dust particles that are potentially harmful to human beings. Today, asbestos is known as a risky carcinogen especially when it starts flaking and crumbling producing dust particles.
Although asbestos has not been used as a building material for some years now, older homes have sidings made of asbestos. People owning homes that were constructed before 1989 might have asbestos siding. This siding needs to be removed because if it continues being in a home it exposes family members and visitors to dangerous dust particles because the asbestos is already old.
Considering the risk associated with asbestos, removing the siding can be challenging. Mishandling asbestos can have painful and tragic effects. People have suffered long term side effects especially lung cancer because of living in homes that have materials made of asbestos. This is where the big question comes in; asbestos siding removal-how to do it?
Steps in removing asbestos siding
The procedure of removing asbestos siding can be divided into five simple steps. These are as follows:
Step 1: Determine the presence of asbestos in your siding - The initial step is determining whether your sidings are really made of asbestos. To do this, you need to have appropriate protective clothing to ensure that you do not inhale asbestos that might be presence in the siding. If you realize that you do not have asbestos, removing siding becomes much simpler. However, if you notice that the siding has asbestos, handle the siding carefully. If you are not sure that you have asbestos or not, take sample of the siding material to a professional laboratory for detailed testing and analysis. This will enable you to determine accurately whether the siding is indeed made of asbestos or not.
Step 2: Prepare to remove the siding - After ascertaining that you have sidings made of asbestos in your home, you have to prepare yourself properly to bring them down. Spread a plastic sheet on the ground in the place where the siding to be removed are. Always have on the right attire before you start working on asbestos. Ensure that all parts of your body are covered. Wear protective boots, gloves and goggles to protect your eyes. Also wear protective disposable coveralls so that you can dispose them off after removing and disposing the asbestos siding. Also use a respirator that has an appropriate HEPA filter to ensure that you do not breathe asbestos dust.
Step 3: Wet the sidings and the area - Before you start removing the siding, make sure that the area where you will be working is wet. Use as spray or water hose to wet the entire area of the house with sidings made of asbestos. This helps in preventing asbestos from becoming airborne. Therefore, try to keep siding wet through the entire removal process.
Step 4: Pry the siding off - To take off the siding, use a hammer and a pry bar. The hammer will help you in removing nails that holds the siding in its place. Pry bar will enable you to take off the siding from the side of the house. Try as much as possible to keep the siding in one piece.
Step 5: Box the siding up - Put the siding in a cardboard box lined with plastic. Close and seal the box using a duct tape. You can now dispose the asbestos siding off without letting it seep out.
The question of asbestos siding removal-how to do it, is common among many property and homeowners. However, removing it becomes easier when you have a guide.
Category: Asbestos Removal
- SmartGuy Tops 50,000 in Global Internet Engagement
- SmartGuy Now Surpasses 145,000 Businesses
- SmartGuy Now Manages 20,000 City Business Networks
- SmartGuy Gives Away Money LIVE Online Weekly
- SmartGuy® Completes New Platform
- How Businesses Rank High on Google INSTANTLY
- How to Find a Piano Moving Company That Suits Your Needs
- House Painters Talk About Great Coverage
- Compare Best Type Massage - Shiatsu Thai and Swedish
- How to Find A Good Pool Cleaning Service
- Finding the Best Private Schools Advantages and Information
- How to Choose the Best Architects
- What are bovine colostrum benefits and side effects
- How to Find the Cheapest Plumber
- How a Septic Tank Works Learn What and How it Works
- Find the Best BBQ Restaurant Near Me How to Pick
- Best Small Business Bloggers and Influencers
- How does Bitcoin make money
- How does one acquire bitcoins
- What are the Advantages of Bitcoin
- What is a Good Business Opportunity
- Benefits Of The Quick Delivery Service
- How to Choose the Best Jewelry Designer
- Grow your SmartGuy City Business Network by 50-100 Businesses in the Next 60 Days
- A Mans Desperate Attempt to Improve Mankind and Counter the Inevitability of Mans Demise
- Benefits of Humanoid Robots like Optimus